An introduction (to this forum anyway)

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Pawk, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Pawk

Pawk .

Oddometer:
    For whatever reason by the end of my visit to Advrider in 2003 I knew I found a site that I would consider home base. And even though at this very second I do not own a DS bike, I will not abandon the site. I have contributed many ride reports over the years and this is first place I go to seek answers and good reading.

A brief histoy:

My first bike in 2003, a Tiger:
    [​IMG]
    I never really gelled with the cat and sold it within a year and got a:

GS adventure
    [​IMG]
    Loved the bike, really in almost every way.

One big problem, I moved from Colorado to Michigan. Now people, just trust me that there were/are good reasons and please don't make it even more painful by telling what a dumb ass I am. :freaky :deal

I sold the GS because frankly there is nowhere to explore here. Well, atleast not on a 600 LB & expensive bike. So I sold it.

And I just bought:
    2000 SV650
    [​IMG]

The plan is to use the SV on the Track and short range duties and get a DS again here soon. I must admit the 2008 KLR is of interest to me. I just test road a used 2006 DRZ400S for 4k. Its really amazing, if buy the DRZ for $4k in addition to the SV I just bought I am still $4k under what I sold the GS for.....

Whats the point of this post? nothing really.
    Just saying hello to the Road warriors at Advrider. :freaky
  2. Jonniedee

Jonniedee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ummmmmm yeah...I'm from Michigan, live in Michigan, and plan on staying in Michigan. The fact that you even infer that you're a dumb ass for living here has more to do with other "variables" than the state you choose to live in...
  3. eoR

eoR Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer:
    howdy.
  4. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl I like Michigan and so will you! Arrgggh!! :rofl

Welcome (to Road Warriors!), Pawk. SV's are fun.
  5. Pawk

Pawk .

Oddometer:
    It seems you're offended by my comments...??? geez dude chill, did you notice the smilies after my comment?, but if you can't see that in the context of DualSport motorcycles that Colorado has a little more to offer than MI than well, I don't even know where to start.
  6. Mr.Grumpy

Mr.Grumpy Banned

Oddometer:
    Michigan sucks but SV650s rawk! So do DRZs for that mater. Nice stable there.

Also, why didn't youlike the Tiger? I am thinking about buying one and of course, every one who has one says tha they are great, I'd like to hear some one from the other side!
  7. Pawk

Pawk .

Oddometer:
    What a bike!

Even with the weather I managed to put 400 miles on this thing.
    Really what a fantastic bike. I put on 250 miles in the course of 6.5 hours and it was a ball. It so easy to maneuver, quite fast, surprisingly quick and eager. I still think fondly of the GS but this SV is another animal altogether and I am loving it.

I could tour on this thing. The previous owner put some bar risers on and the ergonomics are very very good. The little wind screen does wonders.

I plan to take it to the track next summer.

Again, fantastic bike.
  8. Pawk

Pawk .

Oddometer:

While the motor is stunning, the handling was not. Imagine herding cats down the road and that is what it feels like to ride the Tiger. The fit and finish was poor and was falling apart after less than a year. A friend who purchased a Tiger at the same time as me had the motor require a full rebuild at 20k miles... (I know a tad on the rumour mill side of things, but still true)

I admit, I was seduced by that motor... and overlooked everything else.
    I hate to give such a blanket statement, but that is how I feel.