Yooperbikemike's 2011 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 7, 2010.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

Before I get too lofty in ideals, I have to admit since the 2000 model year, I have not had so many opportunities to "contemplate" as I did prior to that. Ironically, my favorite bikes are still pre-2000 though. I have spent a night or two in the wild with the oldies but goodies (usually that damn voltage regulator!) , having the coyotes hoping I will pass out long enough for them to have a festive, sating meal. Outlast, Outwit, Outplay or something like that; and be sure you are within the rescue operation area of your resources.

I am trying so hard not to snoopy dance all over now that the Doctor is on "the bike." There will be success, wait and see. Not that I don't think he has very stout competition, he does and would on any bike in the paddock, but he won't be embarrassed either. I almost bought the new "46" hat the other day, but I am not going to jinx it being a littlestitious. First podium, I am going in to get it.

BTW, truly enjoyed your audio analysis, always good stuff over at moto-matters.
  2. twotyred

twotyred Practising Recedivist

Oddometer:
    Have just been comparing some of Stoner and Rossi's times.

Last year on the Ducati Stoner qualified with a 1:55:07 and set the fastest race lap with a 1:55:537.

This year he qualifies with a 1:54:137.

Rossi only qualifed this year with a 1:55:637.

So Stoner has gone a fair bit faster this year, but Rossi is about a half second slower on the Ducati this year than Stoner was last year. I sure would like to know what is being said behind closed doors.
  3. Albert!

Albert! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Insanity! Next to Mayhem and close to Bedlam!
    It’s an old picture (Mugello 2004 to be exact!) and the people in it have changed a little - but none of them have changed their beliefs!

[​IMG]

This is where we stand -- and it’s where we have stood since 1996 when this young man first ventured onto the World Stage at Shah Alam!

We admire when other riders achieve, we try not to vilify when they do not!

We try to understand the vagaries of their health and we also feel for them when they sustain injuries.

We applaud when they are subject to good fortune and sympathise when that fortune turns bad!

Every single rider, be it MotoGP or Club racing deserves to be admired! Without exception, they all put their lives on the line to entertain US!

A lot of racing has happened since Valentino’s debut and there have been a great many changes -- but our loyalties are still the same!

Take another look at the picture -- that’s where we have stood since 1996 - and that’s where we will continue to stand --

-- Win, Lose or Draw!
  4. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    so any one have any ideas about the honda gearboxes?
  5. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    I find this pretty interesting. One might easily assume that indeed it is the bike that needs to improve.
  6. shrineclown

Oddometer:

Yeah, we call him K or Krop around these parts. But you can check him out at www.motomatters.com. You will find some good stuff on it. It appears to be the real deal and he shows you why.
  7. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    The Doctor is IN! Wooooo Hooooooo. He is up to the challenge.
  8. turnenem

turnenem TBD

Oddometer:
    Cheered him on from the begining! Not stopping now!:deal
  9. cyclop

cyclop "Sideways!"

Oddometer:
    Which could also implies that Ducati has gone backwards after Rossi and JB got onboard and had their required changes applied. IMHO of course.

10. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    If I were advising Ducati's chief designer, I'd first tell him to keep his head down.

And hire good bodyguards.

The fans will lynch him given the chance.

And were I the principal of the the company, I'd be sitting that 'genius' down and making damn sure he got the message. 'Your shit is an embarrassment, fix it, or I feed you to the fans.' This is the Roman Empire, they have a history of this sort of thing, remember. :lol3

None of the above is news of course, sure would be interesting to be a fly on the wall around Ducati.
  11. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Faak!"
  12. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Ducati CEO Del Torchio has been in Vale's pit box all week. I am starting to wonder who is expecting more from whom. Vale to Ducati: "you need to make the bike turn." Ducati to Vale: "that is why we hired you."

:lurk
  13. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ain't that the truth!
  14. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    Vale is doing the same times as Casey did LAST YEAR, everyone else has done their homework in that years time...
    Time to play catch up.
  15. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
  16. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    Just took the plunge on annual MotoGP.com pass. If anyone wants to share it with me, let me know.

D.
  17. The Bigfella

The Bigfella Big Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Honda's looking good, eh?

Where's that Ducati?
  18. CGH

CGH Polluting the ether

Oddometer:
    Does anybody read hands?
  19. SocalRob

SocalRob Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Shoot, I did too. Turns out they were offering a 10% discount to last year's passholders. Is that new? I don't recall seeing it when I looked at pass prices a few weeks ago. Only 90 pounds, whatever that is in $.:lol3

Any idea why when watching the race live I get frozen video from time to time? At least the audio keeps up. Maybe the trick is to not watch it live?
  20. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It can be flaky occasionally, although thankfully not as often as it used to be. Your browser can make a difference too. I started with Chrome and had a few too many problems so I switched to Firefox--pretty much perfect from then on.