Sydney to London on a105cc Honda callled Dot

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by nathanthepostman, May 4, 2009.

1. LazyLion

LazyLion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have enjoyed the many faces of Nate. We are now seeing a man who is done playing games. The mission is clear. Anyone else notice that now he is back to riding and done with sitting around the city that things look clearer?

Travel on Nate. Are your Converse gonna make it to the end or do you need another pair yet?
  2. Daleah

Daleah Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nathan, very well said. It's easy to 2nd guess from the bleachers. Making decisions as the ground passes under your feet is a different ball game completely.

Maybe I'm slow, but your conversation about how Dorothy is the spirit of travel got me to thinking: You are with Dorothy, you were in Oz, and now you're trying to get home. You are wearing a pair of black converse. Along your trip you have encountered many strange and wonderful things. And you have met people who have helped you and people that have tried to stop you. The parallels are astounting if you look at them. When you start to see flying monkeys, you better watch out.:evil Anyway, maybe you should call your book "The REAL Wizard of Oz".

(ok maybe the black converse -> ruby slippers are a stretch, but you get the point).
  3. Tesla314

Tesla314 >_<

Oddometer:
    For every hundred people that set out on a ride, there are a hundred ways to do it. Each of us here would do this ride slightly differently from one another. Doesn't make my way the right way, it makes my way the right way for me.

Do what makes you happy.

What's the point of a life-changing soul-searching journey if you don't do what feels right to you?
  4. badcherrys

badcherrys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've spent weeks reading this thread!! It is amazing!!!!!!!

Im sorry to hear about Dot:cry

Stay strong. that old girl Dot will look after you, like you look after her.
  5. D-man

D-man SALLGOOD

Oddometer:
    You have heard the phrase "It' not the destination, but the journey"

that quote applies here better than any quip I could come up with.

RIDE ON! your epic journey will go down in history with the great rides of the times. However you need to do it your way, its your deal. Thanks for sharing it with us.

dman
  6. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
    Nate,

this site is full of fat losers in debt to their eyeballs, who haven't gotten laid in years, who believe their miserable lives are better when they try to control others lives, who think an adventure is riding down a local dirt road - the same road grandma will drive her Chevrolet on to go to the doctor on Monday. Ignore these pricks. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. They aren't worth any emotional energy.

This site is also full of really nice people who wish you the best and who hope to one day have an adventure such as yours. We wish you well and hope to build on what we've learned from you. I've learned so much (and even bought a Honda C70 because of you).
  7. Moraflex

Moraflex Banned

Oddometer:
    "You can tell by the clanking and temporary seizures"

Your loosing power and then the above happens. Check the electrical grounds. One loose ground could mimic this.
  8. OneBall

OneBall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's it Nate stick two fingers up to the know it all muppets. It's your journey and you and only you have made it this far, you will make it the rest of the way. And anyway, if Dot can survive being ridden by an Aussie postman in a previous life, she can survive anything.
  9. pablito

pablito KLRer in SF

Oddometer:
    Nate,

So glad to hear you and Dot are still charging on.

Just got back from month long trip in Turkey and just catching up on the ride report; truly inspiring.

All the best, Paul
  10. smokeysloth

smokeysloth Chronic Bike Trader

Oddometer:
    still reading.... and still rooting for ya. Bring'er on home fruitloop!

:D
  11. amazing ricardo

amazing ricardo Piste Off

Oddometer:
    there is only one name that really fits.........

...Goin' Postal...

just sayin'...:bmwrider:bmwrider
  12. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    Indeed. It seems like such a drag when I see you responding to these yobbos. I feel bad for you, and even them for their pathetic insecurity. I bought a 1970 CT-90 because I have been shopping for either that or a Super Cub for years, but you & Dot were the catalyst. Thank you for sharing your marvelous adventure!
  13. rednax

rednax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    went to India by hitching and riding lokal buses in 73. Failure ? Shit, no way! One of the greatest adventures of my life. Made me carry "dottie" inside uptill now. What an adventure you´re having! What a trip! Good on you man! :gerg :smile6
  14. rtwdoug

rtwdoug prominent underachiever Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Nathan,
    I sent you a PM with Bogdans fone number. he is in Kiev, & has a garage full of tools. He & his wife run an orphanage there, & he is in a bike club. Very nice people, & Im sure if you have some problems, they can help you figure something out. If nothing else, just stop in to say hello. They are on the SE side of the city

bummer on the border, I've never had that problem at RU border, but then I didnt go to Ru from Paki, either :lol3

Doug
  15. Blumtnman

Blumtnman Rider

Oddometer:
    Well said, Kudos to anyone who takes on an adventure like this.

To the nay sayers and doubters, F. O. :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  16. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Run 'er till she blows Nate! [​IMG]
  17. b0mb3r

b0mb3r Old Git

Oddometer:
    Bloody hell ive soooo got everthing crossed here ....... keep going Dot :lurk
  18. Super Suz

Super Suz N00b with B00b

Oddometer:

Yeah. Take her all the way either way!
  19. shadman

shadman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have faith that your Dot will hold up. If she won't, there's always a horizontal Honda single in someone's barn just waiting to have it's motor clinging to an international celebrity's underside. Moving along at only 50 kms is, by definition, moving along.
  20. Lambo

Lambo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am thinking the wonderful Dot is like the 100 year old axe, the one that has had 3 replacement handles and 2 new heads.

Thanks for the great RR.