Scored me a 2610 off ebay.

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by G.Gordon, Dec 17, 2007.

1. G.Gordon

G.Gordon Nation of Frustration

Oddometer:
    Got in right in the last 15 minutes and scored one for $160. Now I need a mount. I have one question. Does the power cord that comes with the unit work with the motorcycle mounting kit?
  2. CA_Strom

CA_Strom Cunning Linguist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Temples of Syrinx (Treasure Valley Idaho)
    No. The 2610 only comes with a 110 adapter and a cigarette lighter plug. If you buy the Garmin Motorcycle mount kit, it comes with a direct wire set-up that you run back to the battery. For my wee Strom, I needed this Garmin mount, plus a bracket to mount the Garmin mount on. I went with the SW Motech bracket, but it's still sitting in my garage.......Hope to get it installed this week.
  3. Scoop

Scoop runs with scissors

Oddometer:
    Nice, that's a good price.
    You will have to buy the motorcycle mount kit, then something else to mount the mount to the bike :)
    I think I will fabricate my own to go on the windshield mount.
  4. G.Gordon

Oddometer:
    I've seen that done, but it puts it waaaay out there IMO. I like the handlebar mount. I had a loaner 2610 for WestFest so I'm partially familiar with how things work.
  5. Scoop

Scoop runs with scissors

Oddometer:
    I'm kinda torn between the bar mount and windscreenmount. I like to have it in the line of sight, but it does make it a bit harder for riding adjustments. I will have to get beers and sit on the bike in the garage and look at the 2610 in different places until I find a place that I like. Maybe I will have some friends over and we will all look at it for a while. Not much else to do in the snow. :1drink
  6. Outwardbound

Outwardbound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a power cord too. Where did you guys get yours ? None on Ebay last week, and a Google search found cords in the $50 range. Are there other options (read:cheaper ...) ?
  7. G.Gordon

Oddometer:
    edgegps.com has the cord and mount for $35ish.
  8. Teager

Teager Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. TnTimbo

TnTimbo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check out Cyclegadgets.com for the RAM mounting system and a variety of power cords for the 2610 series Street Pilot. I just received mine a couple weeks ago and like it very much.

I use the bar mount base on my GS and a RKU shelf with small base mount on my 1150RT.

I have been using the RAM mounting system for several years (on my GPSV), and recently upgraded to the Street Pilot. GPS V now for sale, complete with BMW power cord (short), RAM cradle and mount. $125.
  10. two_wheeled

two_wheeled two_wheeled

Oddometer:
  11. G.Gordon

Oddometer:
    Thanks all you helpfull FF's. Got her all fixed up. Cord and mount ordered last night.