Klim Latitude Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Xeraux, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  2. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks great. Love Klim quality.
  3. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you seen either the Latitude or the Badlands? Seems for the extra money the Badlands is a better option with the Armacor (more coverage than any other brand-nice), chest armor, little extra venting and kidney belt (super nice).

Does the Latitude have additional 840d on shoulders/elbows?

Is there a way to hold the collar open on hot day?

Klim is really on a roll with this stuff. So cool to see an American Co. go head to head with the likes of the big Euro manufacturers!
  4. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    You know, because of the price point, I've never really taken a close look at the Badlands. I might have to do that. :uhoh

I've actually tried on the Latitude and really liked it, but didn't get to spend as much time with it as I would have liked. To me, it seems tougher than my Rallye 2 Pro which has held up extremely well.

I don't know about additional, but the entire shell is made of the 840d.

I don't think there's a way to hold the collar open. I never do that, though. I'm a little worried about the zipper going further down in the event of a crash (I've done it enough times... :baldy) so I keep myself buttoned up.

I'm really excited about this new gear, too.
  5. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Okay, word from Klim customer service is the Latitude and the Badlands will be available, "at the end of October".

Which is fine with me, because it doesn't start getting cool enough around here to ride in a suit like that until November, anyway.
  6. levain

Oddometer:
    Because of the extra features of the badlands I haven't looked too closely at the latitude! Starting too though.
  7. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
    I would be very interested in how the Latitude Jacket fits compared to the Traverse I now have. Hope the Latitute is cut bigger in the shoulders more like the Adventure jacket..
  8. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    My partner was going to wear the prototype Badlands suit on our recent trip but the pants were too short. KLIM sent us a Latitude jacket by mistake. After she wore it on a short ride the pants and Jacket, Cheryl reported back that the Latitude jacket felt great. We own the Traverse. The jacket has hip gaiters to helps us woman. The jacket was stiffer than the Traverse, makes sense sense they are using heavier or thicker material. She said it was tighter fitting than the Traverse but also felt like it fit better. Less room in the chest, arms adjustable, more pockets, more vents, waist adjustments etc. The Badland pants she liked too. The fit again was similar to the Traverse just less bulk and I guess that might be because they are trying to make these suits more road friendly not just dirt.
  9. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    When I tried it on, the fit reminded me of my BMW Trailguard (still one of my all time favourite jackets) and it fit more like a jacket, rather than a shell. That make any sense?

It didn't seem to bind in the shoulders like our Traverse does, but again, I didn't get to spend much time with it.
  10. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    yeah good description...more like a jacket than a shell....it is more of a jacket, but with the KLIM appeal. Still H20 proof on the outside just more road worthy protection. I think the Latitude will appeal to more then the Traverse, although the Traverse in black is hot looking. One thing we noticed on this last trip is the need for more pockets. That is why the Latitude will most likely be our next purchase.
  11. bipbap

bipbap Well.........

Oddometer:
  12. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Same here :lol3

What are the exact differences between the two layer and three layer shell fabrics used in this and the Badlands ... one more durable or more waterproof or ... ??
  13. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    I think it's just a question of potential durability.

The Latitude feels a lot stouter and heavier-duty than my Rallye 2 Pro and Trailguard.

While there may be degrees of water-resistant, "waterproof" is simply waterproof.

Neither of the fabrics should let a drop through.
  14. levain

Oddometer:
    Gore Tex pro shell vs performance shell. Supposedly the 3 layer pro shell breathes better. To me, that difference is negligible. The bigger differences being the extensive use of armacor for more abrasion resistance, chest armor and kidney belt(wbb, waist adjuster?:huh). Those 3 really make the badlands a much better suit in my mind. The kidney belt was one of those features I used all the time on the adv rally suit.
  15. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Better breathability is always good plus the better materials and armor make it a winner I think.

Plus the kidney belt like the ADV and I'm in lust :lol3
  16. bretedge

bretedge Do Epic Shit

Oddometer:
    I'm ordering a Badlands Pro jacket and Latitude pants this fall to replace my Rallye Pro 2 suit. So tired of having to screw around w/ liners when it rains and since we're planning a move to the PNW, I suspect it'll be raining a lot. I like the Latitude pants better than the Badlands Pro based upon what I've seen online. If I get a chance to see 'em both before purchasing I might change my mind.
  17. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
  18. csimon

csimon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK - newbie question to kidney belts - why?
  19. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Helps with your posture and your back/abs don't have to work as hard all day.

If you're pounding out 700 to 1,000 mile days, they really help.
  20. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff Man of Mystery

Oddometer:
    Any information on what armor is in this kit?