Big Ruckus Craigslist

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by JerryH, Jan 14, 2013.

1. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    When it rains it pours. I recently bought a new Zuma 125, sold it, bought it back, and have now bought $300 worth of accessories for it. Then I found this http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/3540384299.html

I have been wanting one of these for a while, and this one looks nice. And it is freeway legal and has low miles. But I already have 3 scooters. This one is 100 miles away, so it will probably be sold before I could get there to look at it (unless I call in sick) What do you think about the price? I notice the seller makes a big point about it being rare, and having a "cult following" and appears to have priced it accordingly. This id the first BR I have seen on CL for several months.
  2. redhandmoto

redhandmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To get the full top-end potential for freway riding, you'll need a JCosta variator and an upjet. Details for performance improvement can be found at totalruckus in the BR forum.

Some have noted, as I did, that to force more airflow through the cooling channels and keep the temp light off at freeway speeds, you'll need airscoop "extenders", either fabbed or a set of the Honda-made add-ons; the latter are hard to find and expensive, but work quite well.

You will find yourself going faster than you would have thought possible, and for very long distances - the efficiency of the brakes will be a concern.

As to the price for this one: it's good. That's what I sold my '06 for, and it was not in as good shape.
  3. wannabe1

wannabe1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, if I wasn't so far away, I would at least make an offer on your zuma to help you out. As you may know I also sold mine, tried to buy it back and am now looking for another zuma. I think we must be afflicted with the same disease. :D
  4. MotoRandy123

MotoRandy123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Take the day off and go get it. Work out the details later. The only regrets we have is for things we didn't do...
  5. wanna bECO

wanna bECO Long timer

Oddometer:
    i'm in az too.That price is too high, I would pass.
  6. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Talk to me. For the right price you can have mine.:wink:

And it comes with its own thread.:deal
  7. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    If that's the first one you've seen in a while, and you want it, why the question?

Price seems OK for the condition, keep it nice, and you'll always get your money back.
  8. andoulli

andoulli CAJUN

Oddometer:
    This one is for sale in our own flea market for $4K and only 300 miles ticked off.

[​IMG]
  9. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a buddy with a yellow big ruck.3800 miles 100% stock. He is asking $4000. I passed.
  10. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    at 3500 to 3750 I would bite on it.
  11. SantaRosa

SantaRosa I'd rather be lost

Oddometer:
    All you need to do is PM me and we can discuss the offer

S O L D
  12. gogogordy

gogogordy Long timer

Oddometer:
    They arent making any more of these, and a cherry one with low miles is hard to find. The pricing is not outrageous, but if it's too rich for your blood...move along. Some bikes can command just a little more dough...

For those of you wanting to "make the market", the shoe may be on the other foot someday when YOU'RE trying to sell a beautiful bike for a fair price.
  13. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well said , also one has to consider what he will be able to sell that Big Ruckus for if and when he decides to sell . Personally if the BR in question is in pristine condition it's a bargain @ 4K . Like you said , there ain't no more .

TheReaper!
  14. MiniBike

MiniBike Still here...

Oddometer:
    True. I've got a couple of standing offers to buy my '06 at greater than I paid - IF I ever decide to sell.

That's not likely any time soon though.
  15. MiniBike

MiniBike Still here...

Oddometer: