Wunderlich vs Pazzo Clutch lever

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by JGoody, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone tried both? Pros/Cons? I know Wunderlich is variable length; Pazzo comes in a choice of two lengths, but what are the other differences Love to hear from someone who has tried both!
  2. markymcd

markymcd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    don't know if you'll get anyone that's tried both but I've got the Pazzo shorties. I love them as I'm from a mountain biking background and find better control with the shorter levers. PLUS less of a chance of breaking in a fall.

Obviously the guys at Pazzo didn't have great things to say about the vario levers. My thought is that if you have the Vario levers and find the spot you like you probably aren't likely to adjust them again. PLUS, i don't like all the variation in surface with the vario levers.

Ultimately something like a lever and all the opinions you get are personal so hard for you to get objectivity. But my vote is Pazzo for what it's worth :)

cheers,
    Mark
  3. angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy i wanna ride!

Oddometer:
    The pazzo levers are a thing of beauty.....works of art that actually work! Ft and finish is amazing and they make the feel so much better. Havent tried the varios but dont see the adjustability a big advantage. Plus.....Pazzo is a small operation run by guys that live and breath adv riding...buy the Pazzzos and support fellow riders...

No affiliation btw.....
  4. azia

azia Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Used Pazzo shorties on my previous bike (Ninja 250) and current bike (F650GS twin). Absolutely LOVE them. Can't say I've tried other ones like Wunderlich, ASV, etc. but I'm quite satisfied with these.
  5. Manventure

Manventure Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok - we have had the Canadians pitch in, now where are the Germans for their impressions :-)

Seriously though, I have looked at both and will be going with the Pazzo's. Not only do I like the product better but I can get them in pretty colors to match my bike!

Then again, my mother is Canadian.............
  6. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    Take a look at the JPR levers as well.
  7. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One question to you folks - why do you want to change the levers? I understand the appeal of farkling up, but once you adjust the stock levers to your liking, would you ever have to fiddle in that area again? There's hand guards for protecting the levers when you fall, and the levers look strong enough in the stock form.

For me, I never even thought about it, the dealer adjusted the levers to some point, and it's running that way. I've been happy with the setup, but I am all ears for new ways to make me poorer. :D
  8. 14TLC

14TLC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is one reason

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807868
  9. Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton Kilroy was here

Oddometer:
    When I was changing levers on my M695 Monster I thought the ASV shorties were more robust and easier to grip than the Pazzos. YMMV.
  10. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Does one of ADVRider's sponsors sell the Pazzo...???
    I think I just sold my self on a pair

looks like street price is ~$180 for a pair vs. ~$300 for the Wunderlich....
  11. azia

azia Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I find the shape/length of the Pazzo shorties more ergonomic for my fingers. I like their adjustability.
  12. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    My key reasons would be to get "shorty" and also the Pazzo with the hinge might save me a broken lever someday...
  13. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm having tendonitis issues with my "clutch" hand and am trying to make the clutch ergonomics better for me. I'm planning on a new lever and if that doesn't do it I'll try adding the Moose Racing "Easy Clutch". Before the tendonitis I thought the stock lever was fine. Now I need all the adjustments and help I can get!