Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeyBones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. BOIKE333

BOIKE333 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK whatcha got on the 20th?
  2. pieeye

pieeye Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer:
    Not sure yet. Got a couple of irons in the fire but won't know till later in the week.
  3. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Hope all is well with everyone.

Any of you planning on going to Rick's Rendezvous in May?
  4. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Yeah I'm leading a ride that Friday and probably running sweep for KTM Mike on Saturday.
  5. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I have to bail on the get-together this month as business requires me to be in Raleigh Wednesday through Friday (and then Sunday I leave for Milwaukee). Everyone have fun and I'll be looking for a dirt ride later in January!

Here's a reminder for y'all...

6. pieeye

pieeye Go Far...Get Lost

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll be in Raleigh Thursday too......maybe we need to have the get-together up there this month! :rofl
  7. allonsye

allonsye ("lets go!")

Oddometer:
    Augie - thanks for leading Jeff, Larry & I through 570 mi of hither 'n yon over the w/e. I'm delighted that I've
    found good riding and camaraderie in NC. Enjyd meeting you guys 'n getting acquainted 'n looking forward to more.
    Paul

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    Cool, I'm thinking of going. Not sure which of the rides I'd be best suited for on the Wee. I'll be need tires by then so maybe I'll make my tire decision with that in mind.
  9. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Cherohala Skyway.

[​IMG]

The view from atop Little Switzerland.

[​IMG]

V-Strom at Brown Mountain.

[​IMG]

Linville Falls.

[​IMG]

Linville Gorge.

[​IMG]
  10. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    That's a bit far off to commit with certainty, but I am hoping to go to that event. Am planning to camp if I am able to go.

Numa
  11. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]JeepJeff, Flasher, Allonsye and I had a real nice mountian ride with some lite fireroad and a lot of twistie 2 lane mountian roads in western nc and northern sc with an overnite stay in cherokee sat nite. we met in Mt Holly around 900 sat morning and returned home around 430 on sunday riding a little over 500 miles with no interstate riding. A good time was had by all. Hope to see you all at hawthorns[​IMG] on thursday.
  12. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    :wave I also lead rides at the RDV.....with my Strom if it's in running order. :D I'll be up there from Wed evening through Sunday about noon.
  13. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    I'll be running Anakees on my 990. It'll be more than adequate for my ride and probably Mike's too.
  14. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    That;'s exactly what I was thinking. Looks like I'll be getting them sooner than I thought. Here's what I was greeted with when I walked out to go to work this morning. (Fully suited up and late, too)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. bpg

bpg Off Trail

Oddometer:
    Charlotte, NC (summer back home in western PA)
    I was greeted with that same sight last month, luckily I was leaving work though. Nice 2" deck screw right in the center of the tread. :waysad
  16. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to some video I shot in the mountains on NC Route 90 just west of Lenoir two Saturdays ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e32paIp2FQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/e32paIp2FQA

BluRidgeRider
  17. NitroRoo

NitroRoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enjoying little adventures on the way to and from work. My ride home on Friday was interesting... I've found a natural gas pipeline trail from my office in Rock Hill, lots of little off-shoots to explore and some very slick clay, too:

[​IMG]

Why yes, how did you know I needed blinker fluid?!
    [​IMG]

Ended up running out of gas off Paraham road. Hit reserve at 152 miles at at 155 it died - tank was dry :dunno What's REALLY weird is I put an offer in on this house over the summer, and I just so happened to run out of gas, coast down a hill, pull into the neighborhood and came to a stop RIGHT in front of it. :huh

[​IMG]

Turns out the neighbors were really nice as within 5 minutes I had 2 offers to get gas for me. A nice lady brought out her gas gan, actually ran to the gas station to fill it up and insisted that I fill the bike up, and wouldn't take a dime from me. Thank you kind lady, nice people do exist :clap

I hope to get up to the mountains on this little bike sometime soon, maybe a mini dual sport camping trip... hmm...
  18. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    In Idaho a few years back, in the middle of nowhere, I got off the interstate and headed for a gas station shown on the sign to be right off the exit. It'd been about 40 miles since i'd seen a station and I had the blinky light. I get there and the place is deserted, boarded up, you get the idea. Guy across the street was in his garage so I rode over to ask if he knew where the closest station was. He said it was at least 15 miles, but he had a few gallons he'd sell me for $20. Wasn't sure I could make it that far, so I obliged. I probably got 3 gallons at most, and was happy to get it rather than being stranded.

Got back on the interstate and there was a station less than 2 miles down the road. Nice guy.

[​IMG]

In other news, Team Charlotte off Freedom Drive gave me a good deal on tires. They just matched Motorcycle Superstore's price on a new set of Anakee 2's for my Wee, with the condition I have them mounted there. They took about a $50 hit on their original price, so I was impressed. Still deciding on a tire (Heidenau K60 Scout looks interesting) but I definitely will buy from them if they match prices like that.

They mount/balance for $25/tire if you bring the tires to them off the bike. Around $90 if you bring the whole bike, which is a bit ridiculous to me.

I need to rig something up took keep my Wee upright while the wheels are off since I don't have a centerstand. I know you can buy lifts, but where's the fun in that?

[​IMG]
  19. allonsye

allonsye ("lets go!")

Oddometer:
  20. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer:
    Being tied up with lots of work stuff during all this warm weather is killing me. I'll be unavailable this weekend as well (plus I hate missing the Hawthorne's dinner this month). Maybe the weekend of the 26th I can get one or both of the bikes out of hibernation...