A BC Buell goes South

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BC Brian, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BC Brian

BC Brian Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I am pretty sure that I stayed at their hotel, only they were shorter, and more Mexican looking ( disguised?) and they had forgotten most of their English, and they were younger. Other than that, I am petty sure it was them :rofl
  2. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Thanks jorrie

Lots more to come, just have to figure out doctors ( went yesterday) and whats in store in the near future. Right now we are hoping that I will travel with the family to Peru ( they were going to meet me there anyhow) then they will head back home, and I will go back to Mexico ,pick up my bike and carry on with my adventure. Thats the plan... we will see what the doctors say.....:D
  3. Parcero

Parcero Mundial Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chicago physically, Colombia en mi mente.
    I have been doing a staged trip south for a couple of months now. As much as I would like to do it all at once, coming home and seeing my kids' smiling faces (they are 10 and 8 years old) is better than all the adventure combined. My bike is in Colombia, and I will be back. And you will be back to your bike and your adventure also. What better incentive is there to get well?

Cuidate, amigo. Keep us posted on your progress.

4. OldPete2112

OldPete2112 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What? No update since Jan 25?

How will I survive?

Hope all is well with you Brian, sure miss your updates. Wish you all the best, and really hope you are well enough to continue your adventure, no matter where it take you (ok, well us really).

Post up and let us know how you are.

OP

Its better to travel well than to arrive.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. BC Brian

Oddometer:

Update?

Oh.........?

OK, I can let you know what has been going on the last couple of weeks. :)

things are looking pretty good, healthwise. I saw the doc, got a mess more blood tests, and got the results back on Friday. Seems the medication was working, but not as well or as fast as the doctor figured it should ( I had actually questioned the dosage at the time, but what do I know?)

So I am on some better, cheaper, more kick ass injectible meds, which I noticed a difference within 24 hours. I am noticing small side effects, which I am going to ask the doctor about, but I can totally live with them if I need to. She wants to watch me for the next month, so my hope of heading out again this week has been squarshed.:)

But its all good. So the offcial plan ( tickets are bought) is that I wll fly to Peru with the family in March, spend a month with them there, they will fly home and I will fly to Puerto Escondido, get on my bike and carry on. I am hopeful that these new meds will do the trick and I can continue heading South without any further problems.

I may not get to all the countries I had hoped to now, but really, its not a big deal, cause I never really had much of a plan to begin with :)

Other than that, I have just been getting into the flow of being home. Spending lots of time with the family, playing with the kids, dogs and spending quality time with my Better Half.

Kids mini snowman, which I let them bring inside

[​IMG]

And, although its not as warm here, its still pretty nice.

Dawn from our deck this morning

[​IMG]
  6. RockyDS

RockyDS Lost in the wilderness

Oddometer:
    Good to hear your getting the medical care you need and that you'll be back on track soon. :1drink
  7. GhostRiderFC

GhostRiderFC Just a guy who rides

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you're doing well! I look forward to reading the rest of your adventures!
  8. OldPete2112

Oddometer:
    Ok nothing wrong with that sort of update!

Glad to hear that you and the family are doing well. The trip will carry on when you get around to it, but the updates must continue. Lol.

Take care man, get better and enjoy the family time.

OP

9. BluNozr

BluNozr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you are feeling better. SA is waiting for you and that Buell so stay healthy.
  10. jimbowie

jimbowie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Bro. It is March, so does that mean you are getting ready to head back down? I sincerely hope you are feeling okay and you have the meds working correctly. I am looking forward to you resuming the trip. I will be watching for any new posts. Best of luck with everything.
  11. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Hey Len

I have been making myself feel better by reading your RR.

Its funny, though, I haven't been online much in the last while. I seem to be filling my time doing a whole lot of nothing. Chilling with the kids, feeding cows for the inlaws, doing the occasional project at home. I seem to have brought home the mexican way of spending the day:)

Right now I am chillin with the wife and kids in Miraflores. We are here for a month, then I am heading back to my bike to carry on my journey.

I am going to have muchas preguntas for you when I get further south. Looks like you are seeing some pretty cool stuff.

Now I am gong to catch up on your ride report again
  12. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jim,

Meds are working pretty good and I am feeling pretty positive about travelling again

In Lima now with the family, and will be back on the RR before you know it. Mind you, by the time I get writing again, most people should be too busy riding to pay any attention to my travels :D
  13. B50Paul

B50Paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brian
    Glad you are well, and continuing your trip . Looking forward to reading all about .

Vaos con dios paul
  14. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hola Brian

Keep an eye on your TVIP expiry date, you may have to cancel when leaving for Guatemala so you can get a new one for the ride back up.

Saludos Cal
  15. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    So, aftrer a fun filled month in Peru with la familia, we are about to start thinking about packing up all our stuff to head out late Friday night. The family is going back home, and I am heading back to Puerto Escondido, pick up my bike and carry on in a sourthernly direction.

Stay tuned. I am hoping to see all kinds of cool stuff to write about.
  16. RevyRider

RevyRider FXD Traveler

Oddometer:
    Thats great Brian, I hope that you are feeling well. Glad to hear your trip is back on, looking forward to the Ride Report.

17 degrees celcius here in Revelstoke today, ..snow is finally just about gone from our yard! Wishing I was on my bike in some southern destination!

Cheers
  17. OldPete2112

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to more updates Brian. Photos please!

18. BC Brian

Oddometer:
    In Puerto Escondido, got my bike, and holed up for a couple of days to do a bit of maintenance.

Let the adventure continue!

Stay tuned.....................
  19. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Canuckistan healthcare, offtime in Peru, riding a Buell.......

Dood, I can come over and slap you in the balls if that's your thang.
  20. BOBaloo22

BOBaloo22 Tony & Catnis

Oddometer: