What Did Your Evil Twin Do Today?!?

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Motorfiets, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    For a guy that's always ragging on the n00bs for not having a location, not many people know where "my shed" is and you're out by more than an ocean anyway.

But Good for you, you changed a pedal! :rofl
  2. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    Nope that's not me :eek:) I'm "ragging" when people don't fill out their profile. Two different things old sack :evil
  3. headstaller

headstaller Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The wrath of Reaver :hide :lol3
  4. GPHusky250

GPHusky250 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great idea! I'm lazy...I bought one of these from Harbor Freight....

[​IMG]
  5. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    Installed the autoswitch today to power my advmonster led aux. Scariest thing I've done to my bike so far. Looking at all these wires to tab in I remembered what my optician told me when I was 6 years old: Well I'm afraid that you are colorblind. Good news is you'll see your life in a very special way, bad news is you'll never be able to defuse a bomb...

Well anyway found the cancelling wire and it's working :clap but the bad news is that it can't trigger both my M60 LED and my M30 LED since they don't use the same amps. Now it's triggering my M60 and I'll have to order another one from ADVmonster :evil
  6. sarathmenon

sarathmenon Armchair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap

Finally, you got everything. And since you got the triple back frame, you also got the black upper tubes that you wanted badly. Can't wait to see the frankenbike that you're going to create.
  7. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:

I don't know about Frankenin it. I have 95% of the required parts already to make it like new again, factory stock. It seems like it was meant to be. Funny thing is it has warranty to 04/15! Apparently BMW won't warranty rock holes in the block. I have many decisions to make and potential paths I could take. Right now I'm just beat after a full day of just picking it up...........

It's :freaky time now.

Woody......I WIN!
  8. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    yes, that was a good find...............
    But ....................
    You still owe me a beer for pointing you to the new design flywheel deal in eBay :D
  9. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    fuck my life :huh a new bike?!

Oh I see, you put it together for when I'm coming to visit so that we can ride together :deal thanks Dad :clap
  10. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    He still hasn't brought brake rotors. Make sure you check everything before you take it out for a spin :D
  11. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't ya dare put anything on'er until that frame is freshly powder coated in flat black.....:deal:deal:D
  12. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    Really. Just why are triple black bike frames and swing arms silver? I'm confused and still haven't gotten over the 650 is an 800 fiasco. It's a German thing, I wouldn't understand.

I'm retrofitting ABS on this one so wish me luck. A sacrifice to the software Gods may be required.........
  13. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    Is that even possible? I thought the ABS needs some programming to be done on the computer, which only Berlin can do. When I bought the bike, I first wanted to do it without ABS. The dealer told me that they cannot retrofit the ABS later, since they don't have the ability.

And my adventures are a lot less interesting than yours. I mounted an Anakee III front yesterday. Wow, what a tire! This is easily one of the best road options for the F800GS. The difference in handling from the older Anakee II is amazing.
  14. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    How many Dealers actually know what they're talking about? They probably just didn't want to. It requires a new wiring harness, control unit, lines and combi switch etc so I'm going to physically install it and see what happens. Unless Joel says no. :D

Maybe if it doesn't work I can claim warranty and see if it flies? Whaddaya mean it doesn't have ABS? It used to work!

I'll do a thread on that. Good info as our models are getting older and more used parts are available.
  15. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    If it helps improve your spirits, it's 15 C around here, and I was feeling too warm on my commute back :lol3
  16. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    I'll definitely be watching out for that thread. The only problem I can see happening is if the computer needs any additional module or software which isn't mentioned in the fiche. You're far into the unknown land with this assembly, what's a few more German gremlins for you... :wink:
  17. Ian_R

Ian_R n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm visiting relatives in a small town in central Queensland Aust. where many records for extreme heat have been broken in the last few weeks - http://tinyurl.com/kxfrlyw. Yesterday during the hottest part of the day I watched a procession of bikes heading south on the main road. One of the bikes was a new GSA - I've ridden mine on a few hot days lately and can imagine that he would have been molten behind the screen and with the engine heat on his legs. The things we do for fun!:eek1

Ian
  18. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:

Yes and upon inspection............they're both bent! Hence the FM wanted ad. :cry

Good thing it was cheap. Now I'm considering Shivering both of them.
  19. sarathmenon

Oddometer:
    BTW, I got two of these: www.ebay.com/itm/321279858896. Very cheap for new forks. Being in an apartment, I realized over the last week that I don't have the tools needed to take them apart. It's all going to the shop, maybe next week.
  20. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    Yes, I just emailed them this morning. Great Deal. The uppers are a bit shorter, exactly what the G450X ones are.....that I had.....that I sold.