Panniers for Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by ADVAric, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ADVAric

ADVAric n00b

Oddometer:
    I am looking for a pannier kit for my 2013 Super Tenere. Its my first set of Panniers. I know there are a lot of options out there. Looking for advice and what kit is best for the best price. Any Info would be great.

Always Forward
  2. SNAPGADGET

SNAPGADGET Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy Trails are a nice bang for the buck. :clap
    StanBo likes this.
  3. grebmrof

grebmrof Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. NSpooner

NSpooner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm working on picking up an S10 soon as well and I am planning on getting the new moose racing ones. My local BMW dealer had them and they are nearly identical to the touratech/BMW oem bags but were considerably less money. They must be made by the same people that make the others because they have the same latches and are built essentially the same. If I wasn't on my phone I would post the link so I will do that later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  5. NSpooner

NSpooner Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. Jud

Jud Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a set of Jessies on my DL650. Long ago I hit a deer and messed em up. I wanted to buy hardware {locks and hinges} for one and a complete box for the other side since it was so baely damaged. Huge money, almost as much as buying a new set. I grudgingly fixed what I had buying the hardware along with beating the other back in shape and tigging it back up to repair but that really turned me off aluminium boxes.

Don't get me wrong, the aluminium boxes are durable bit if you wreck them hard, they are hard to repair and their durability will bend their mounting brackets too. They are worlds better than most OEM cases but I got to thinking about Caribou Cases. The Pelicans get wrecked and you can just buy a new one cheap and swap the mounting and locking hardware. They don't really crush like a Jessie would {least in a survivorable wreck} but rather just get uglied up, hell,,,,, they might well get a hole rashed in them like my Jessies did {rashed right through the front leading edge and opened like a sardine can} but they would be easier to field fix and like I said, Pelican cases are everywhere and for alot less than a Jessie replacement box.

I'm thinking hard about a 14 Tenere and was wondering if anyone has tried the Caribou cases could speak up with how you liked them. Especially folks that have had the OEM cases and could directly compare.
    StanBo likes this.
  7. ADVAric

ADVAric n00b

Oddometer:
    I really like what I read about the Wendell Cases.
  8. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE Working Class Zero

Oddometer:
    Piney McPineface’s Remedial Resort (Google Maps)
    Happy trails has their Denali's on sale. I paid $850usd for everything and got a $100 gift certificate!!!

20% OFF! Pannier Kit
    DENALI 7.5" Std Black
    Yamaha Super Tenere
    Limited Time ... limited Quantities 20% off
    7.5" Denali Standard Panniers in Black Hammertone Powdercoat
    Plus Free Shipping (Domestic US)

This Denali Pannier Kit for your 2012+ Yamaha XT1200z Super Tenere includes everything you need for a great luggage system.

Kit includes:
    Two 7.5" Standard Denali Panniers in Black Powdercoat
    SU Rack system
    Mounting hardware

The XT1200Z Super Tenere SU rack has our new Point1 pressed insert design. This adds to the ease and functionality youÂ’ve come to expect from our pannier systems
  9. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bought mine when they were still called Muffintops almost 2 years and still love them. Truly brick out house tough, on & off easily with SW-Motech quick detach racks, and cost is hard to beat. Low cost is probably because Wendell has minimal overhead and lives in a lower cost area of the US.

Another inmate wrote about losing a lid and Wendell charged him minimal to make a replacement. They are simple enough to fix or weld anywhere in the world.

Plus, if you want changes or a custom welded aluminum box, Wendell is very agreeable.
  10. drassif

drassif Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How much are those Wendell cases for the S10? I took a look at their site.
    They look real nice.
  11. DutchTerror

DutchTerror Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really like my Happy Trail Denali's. I got them as a "scratch and dent" with barely a scratch on one of them. They've held up well and even survived a couple of get-offs in the back country of the Grand Canyon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At Havasupai Point of the Grand Canyon:

[​IMG]
    StanBo likes this.
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  14. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    I just bolted a set of Moose racks and the small panniers on my Tenere. I am thinking I may go with Jesses and may be interested in selling them if someone wants them, since I already mounted them they aren't returnable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. NSpooner

NSpooner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ended up buying a tiger explorer but did get the moose bags and love them. Why would you rather have the jesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  16. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    I was thinking I may want to go narrower? How are yours working out? Have they been out in the rain and seal well?

17. NSpooner

NSpooner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah they are a little wide but they look awesome and seem really well made. Haven't been caught out in the rain yet though. FYI there is a quick mount kit now for them.
  18. PowersUSA

PowersUSA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any pics directly from behind?
  19. tcourdin

Oddometer:
    Yeah they were advertised as that coming standard, I called Moose and they said it was a misprint and it's an optional item. I definitely want the quick mounts.
  20. tcourdin

Oddometer:

Are we talking about the bike still? :D I'll snap a pic this morning.