Question for You 1-Piece Suit Users

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Sam Bateman, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sam Bateman

Sam Bateman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do you route the cord for electric vests and such out from inside your 1-piece?
    Is there a pass-through pocket or something similar?
    I've got an Olympia Phantom and if there is such a pocket I haven't been able to find it.
    Never had the need to use the electric vest under this thing until this Winter.

Sam Bateman
    Arvonia, VA
  2. srpuywa

srpuywa Big 'G'

Oddometer:
    aerostitch one piece has zippered pocket
    NJ Moto likes this.
  3. Bubba Bauer

Bubba Bauer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...and retro-fit option for old 'stich is a dedicated jumper wire pass through for heated gear.

I have had it retro-fitted to two Roadcrafters.

Works great!
  5. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:
    On your phantom. Get another #8 YKK molded tooth zipper pull. (You may want to get two and do both legs.) You can order those from Seattle Fabrics, if you can't find someone local to you that has them. Take a pair of wire cutters and cut the two little plastic stops at the bottom of the leg zipper off. The stops that prevent the zipper pull from running off the end of the zipper. Now run the pull down the leg and right off the end of the zipper. Reverse the pull and put it back on, with the wide end of the pull pointed up the leg. Now put your new pull on oriented the way the original pull was, narrow end pointed up the leg. The narrow end of the two pulls should face each other. Now get a needle and thread and make several loops around the zipper tape, at the end of the zipper, on each half. Your replacing the bottom stops with thread so the zipper pulls don't pull off. Or Seattle Fabrics also sells replacement bottom stops if you prefer.

Now you should have a double pull Zipper. (What Olympia should have put on there to start with.) You should be able to zip down the top of the zipper a few inches, stick you cord through, and then zip it up tight around the cord.

Walter
    TonyKZ1 and mitchapalooza like this.
  6. AMSBIKER

AMSBIKER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a joe rocket survivor suit. I put a small hole in one of the pockets on the left thigh area and threaded a gerbing extention lead thought it. It pops out through the normal pocket zip which closes 99.9 percent and the pocket flap locks over that. I kept it in the pocket when not in use. The inner part just plugs into the gerbing jacket as usual. Never had any problems with water leakage.

AB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TonyKZ1 likes this.
  7. Sam Bateman

Sam Bateman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm leaning towards the putting a hole in the back of the pocket thing right now.
    Although that zipper modification would also work nice.

Sam Bateman
    Arvonia, VA
  8. Guano11

Guano11 Stop me if you've heard this one....

Oddometer:
    From the Aerostich website:

[​IMG]

"This hidden cord port is part of all one piece Roadcrafter Classic's and R-3's. It's a pass-thru for a short wire that connects any electrically heated clothing to the outside of the garment. The other side of this pass-thru is behind the lower flapped pocket that is on the left side.

How it works is you position either a coily power cord or jumper cord so the end of the cord that connects to the electric garment is dangling out of this port on the inside of the suit. The other end is 'stored' in the pocket that forms behind the lower left flapped pocket on the outside of the suit.

When you are ready to ride somewhere with an electric garment beneath the suit, you first put on the electric garment. Then you put on the suit. Then you connect the power cord or jumper cord to the electric garment. Then you zip the suit closed around you. Then you get on the motorcycle (or stand close to it) and remove the other end of the cord from behind the flapped pocket and plug it into the power on the motorcycle. Then you ride away warm and comfortable."
    TonyKZ1 and sprouty115 like this.
  9. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 'stich has the pass-through port.

I usually just run the cord through the zipper and flap that are there to let you get hands into normal clothes pockets.
    TonyKZ1 and NJ Moto like this.
  10. NJ Moto

NJ Moto Glory Bound

Oddometer:
    Same.