Oklahoma BMW Rally

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by maduko, Mar 16, 2013.

1. maduko

maduko Jack of All Trades

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

And this is actually Rex. :cry

But we're used to that by now! Glad you could make it and hope to see many of you at Crane.
  2. Free Radical

Free Radical High speed drifter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to the organizers and staff for all the hard work that resulted in a great rally.

Very well organized and run, and the location was outstanding.

GREAT JOB EVERYBODY!!!
  3. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I know the difference in person. I've known Brad for many years. I just thought this was his handle.

He did mention that many still have you two confused. Or was it you that mentioned it?
  4. maduko

Oddometer:
    Either. The running joke is when someone asks which one are you is to answer with, "I'm the good looking one."
  5. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    So you werent there last weekend?

:1drink
  6. maduko

Oddometer:
    Yuk yuk.
  7. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was good to meet you too. We'll give you a shout next time we make it over there.
  8. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Here a few shots I took at the Rally and of my ride home through the Ouachitas.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjG37Ky4

I had a great time and saw some beautiful bikes and countryside and made a few friends along the way.

I'm trying out the Adventures function in Basecamp so here is my "Adventure" for the weekend.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/guavadude/bmw-indian-nations-rally-inr-13/

It includes the road ride up, the road ride on Friday up to Hwy 20 and back, the dual sport ride to Devil's Den and back which was freaking amazing (and I still can't believe no one would go with me!) and my ds ride through the dirt roads of the Ouachitas on my way home.

On the DS ride on Sat you can see the river I decided to cross and then decided no and had to turn around mid stream....that was fun. Wet boots for the rest of the day as a reminder. Somewhere out there I found the best place to test ride an S1000RR on a road called D4582 the Jackson Mtn road. A perfectly paved race track with unique curves and elevation changes. Seriously.....go ride this road. PERFECT pavement. My entire trip I road on ONE badly paved road in need of repair. That's crazy.

I continued riding out and around the dirty way to Devil's Den...there's some great dirt roads there south of the Park. Then I worked my way up to check out the mountains across from Hwy 10 where it winds down the Illinois. Luckily I stumbled on the JT Nickel Wildlife Preserve and took a fun road right through the park. It was actually the only place I didn't see any wildlife!

I worked my way back to pavement and had a late lunch at Fish's BBQ which is seriously hidden in Tahlequah. Worth trying to find unless you're a BBQ snob from NC (you know who you are!)

Again, great time, amazing rides. Hope to see you and the Indian Nations next year.

btw, anyone know Dan Phillips from Austin? He was there at the rally and I lost his number but would like to reconnect. Dan, shoot me a pm if you see this.
    Guavadude out....
  9. maduko

Oddometer:
    Great shots! Love the Garmin Adventures link. Feel free to add some photos to the Flickr Group.

I'm going to share your link in our next NEOBMW email.

Hope to see everyone in Crane, Missouri this weekend!
  10. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I think you have to download the Garmin Adventure before you can see each day's route. The track heading north from Greenleaf is my road route and the one heading east to Devil's Den is the dual sport route.

Here's a pic of the Jackson Mtn Road. It looks like some crazy race track. Gets my vote for best road I've ridden in Oklahoma.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64933530@N07/9078306531/in/set-72157634110286047#

[​IMG]