Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just as surprised to learn that they built some of the old Staten Island Ferries and WWII submarines up in Manitowoc WI.
  2. QUICKDRAW

QUICKDRAW Bug Murderer

Oddometer:
    The Bald Eagle State Forest ride in PA is in 2 WEEKS. I will email each rider a packet of info, including a trail map, and meeting spots/times first of the week, once I get back from Chicago. Get those last minute parts on order now!

-Shawn
  3. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
    Oh gawd now i'm infamous! Yeah like whitey said i have been battling some isues in life lately, my big trip was followed by my grandfather passing, the bike going caput, moving/separating after 8+ yrs, and lastly i got a new job and worked a ton of OT to pay for my mess. At least i'm alive and i still can make more money, still working on time. Now back to your previously scheduled programming.

I just wish i could fly the bird and burn out of here!
  4. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Get that bike running for some good therapy. Is it the FZ1 that broke?
  5. vivid dadas

vivid dadas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a poor planning opportunity, 9 AM tomorrow, gravel road ride in NE Guernsey County with some crossover into Belmont, Harrison and Tuscarawas Counties. Meet at the main gate of the Guernsey County Fairgrounds in Old Washington. It will be rasthomas, guernsey, vivid dadas, and anyone else who shows up.
  6. guernsey

guernsey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
  8. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
  9. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

dont forget asshattery
  10. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:
    yes the fz1 somehow decided that it was not going to pump as much oil as it should and ran dry. When the mechanic showed me what it sounded like all i could compare it to was a thousand little kids screaming.

I'm waiting on it to get put back to gether so i can store it for winter, somehow this happens everytime i get a bike. :-(
  11. gelandestrasse

gelandestrasse Fidem Scit

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. danielst

danielst Adventurer

Oddometer:

Dang it... just picked up a used F650GS and would love to try it out with you guys but I have a motorcycle trials event this weekend. Hopefully there will be a few more of these rides before winter sets in. I live near Laurelville so it would be awesome to see if you know some riding spots that I'm not aware of (which I'm sure you do as I've really only ridden dirt bikes most of my life). I had a KTM950 for a year or so but sold it back in '09. Just got a super deal on the Beemer and have been missing the adventure bike so I jumped on it. Look forward to hopefully riding with some of you guys here soon.

Travis
  13. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Oh a F650GS would never survive the ride, those BMW's fall apart way to easy so it's a good thing your NOT coming. :pot

:lol3
  14. GailCallsMeKarl

GailCallsMeKarl Squirrel w/ no nuts Supporter

Oddometer:
    :(: Crap! I can't go! I've been lurking...just bought my first bikes (yea, I'm not right, can't just have 1) and I am in need of peeps to ride with. This would have been good. So please do it again! or I'll ride other evenings after work with anyone willing to put up with nubiness. (hint!)
  15. buildit

Oddometer:
    You guys are killing me. :pep I need to start charging money for these rides to pay for my gas, then people would be lined up around the block. :deal
    So the next ride will be $100 with a $25 deposit due one week before the ride. :lol3
  16. Alien

Alien Waitng for ride home.

Oddometer:
    If anybody is out and about in the Danville area on Saturday, there is a machine gun shoot 5 miles east of Danville on 62 between noon and 6. Also food available there. Look for big chain link fence on right while heading east. Turn there and follow dirt road down to a quarry. Should be a sign out by highway. It is sort of a mini Kentucky shoot and a fair amount of weapons last year. Small charge for entry. Neighbor of Swingset puts it on.
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    Did I read this right? :lol3
  18. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Thanks Vivid and Guernsey for the fifty + miles of gravel and twisties this morning. Great way to start the day. Saw more deer than cars and almost hit what I think was a hawk.
    [​IMG]
  19. buildit

Oddometer:
    DUCK! :lol3
  20. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it may have been a duck, was going so fast I couldn't tell.