I've got Garmin map of Colombia 2

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by GAC, Nov 28, 2007.

1. GAC

GAC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do apologize to everyone who wants a copy of the map and has not received it. Unfortunately about a year ago I fell of a horse and broke my back. I have been in and out of hospitals ever since and have had 2 surgeries on my back. Fortunately everything is improving and soon I shall have recovered completely.

Back to subject... I have set up and automatic responding email which will automatically reply any message sent to it with a copy of the map.

If you want a copy of the map please email colombiamap@motogac.com

Sorry for the delay to everyone and hope some of you find this map useful.

GAC
  2. chasfactor

chasfactor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings sir,

What grace yoiu have! Sorry for your injuries and best wishes to your recovery!
    Are you in Colombia?
    I had not contacted you previously. I am interested in GPS mapping in Colombia as I have a trip planned from Santiago to LA via Colombia etc.

If I may purchase said mapping I would be happy to oblige.

I would download it otherwise?

Chas Walter
  3. GAC

GAC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just email me to colombiamap@motogac.com and the computer will automatically reply with a copy of the map. It is not for sale, it is provided free of carge.

GAC
  4. Dmotorider

Dmotorider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am sorry to hear about your accident GAC. Hopefully your recover is going well. I wish you all the best.

Has anyone actually received this map and can tell us what it's like? Does it run in MapSource? Very little info here about it.

Thanks
  5. bigtexas1974

bigtexas1974 South American Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Sorry about your accident, and although it has been two years since you posted, do you still have the map?
  6. Dmotorider

Dmotorider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope GAC and is not replying because he's doing so much better now that he's out riding and has no time for typing!

Take a look at the links I posted in this thread for maps of Colombia.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46376

I recently used one called "Colombia Rutable 1.1". It is not great, especially in cities, but it runs in Mapsource on the laptop (so you can plan your trips) and when used in conjunction with the Garmin Worldmap on your GPS you can find your way around most places.
  7. bigtexas1974

bigtexas1974 South American Adventure!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info....I happened to find that thread immediately after I posted on this one. In fact, it inspired me to search for quite a while and I found some good stuff, but now I just have to figure out how to incorporate it all into my Garmin...I have what I believe is an older model, the 2610, but it is not in-hand yet. Will be picking it up in less than 30 days!

I hope he's doing well also!