Vulcan Nomad Help Please

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by BuffWv, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BuffWv

BuffWv Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is the deal a friend dropped off his 1500 Nomad for me to take a look at.
    A little history about it. Lost the oil pump on a ride last year, he had it replaced but developed another issue. So he took it to a well known bike shop to have it reworked. New timing chains etc. Well he picked it up and the bike sounded funny as if it would not rev out.
    I tore into it and found it had been running lean, both exhaust valves on the rear cyl were not seated at all.
    Lapped in the valves, replced the head gaskets and put the engine back on the bike. Sounded better but still not right. So tore it back apart and found that I had timed it with what the shop had done. So on further inspection found out you have to time the front cyl then rotate the engine 310 degree and do the rear.
    Now the question does anyone here know alittle bit about this type of twin on what to look for when I get it running again on what to look for in reguards to engine damage from the mis aligned cams
  2. kirkkw

kirkkw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This thread needs to be posted in "The Garage" rather than here.

You should then get the help you are seeking.
  3. sargev55

sargev55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    uh, sounds like you have inherited a shit show. if you have not caused further damage, i would suggest telling your buddy to go back to 'that,' shop and have them fix the problem