Help! Ive destroyed my brothers Hog

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by BadBob, Mar 7, 2013.

1. BadBob

BadBob Riding or paddling

Oddometer:
    after several "another time". i finally took my brothers `80 tourglide out for a spin. After riding my cali, i wasnt impressed, wheelbarrow full of concrete, was the overriding impression. The bike didnt like me either, on the way back, the rear cylinder did its impression of a grenade! couldnt download pics on A.R. but check out my facebook page for pics....bob shelton.WELL WORTH IT! Any hoo, Being a`80FLT GLIDE the availabilty of crankcases here in blighty, are about as likely as a hog winning a moto gp! as one of the last AMF bikes, im having a problem. Can any of our extended A.R. family help? if i had the money, im sure S&S could supply me with a pair of crankcases, but that would mean robbing a bank, I know they rob us but, bad karma, so if anyone knows of such a thing? maybe we could do a deal? I could take you to the IOM TT! Anyone tempted? yes he does still talk to me! luckally his BMW PD GS is the love of his life,FIFTH time round the clock, is still on the road...... I live in hope, my karma is getting better! RIDE SAFE my brothers and sisters. BOB SOULJAOFLOVE

ok ive cracked it! for the mtv generation http://www.facebook.com/bob.shelton.568
  2. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    Ha Ha! I took a harley for a test ride at a rally once, besides the aweful handling and stuff grinding in every corner, it blew up, and it was NEW! dealer asked what the hell I did, I said I rode it like my 250000 mile r80g/s, he said you cant ride it like that!
    maybe it's a sign that your brother needs a new bike!
  3. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    this thread is worthless without pics. saying 'theyre on facebook' is unacceptable, and a bad choice of hosting.

don't be lazy :lol3
  4. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:
    Did you know that there are over 40 Bob Sheltons on Facebook?

Yeah, we need a link or something with [​IMG]
  5. mtiberio

mtiberio Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is a reason why Harley sells a lot of motors in a crate. Just buy one and give them back your pile to avoid a core charge...
  6. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Doubt this ploy will work with an AMF shovelhead.

I went to Road Atlanta in a Cadilac with a friend and met up with some other friends that had ridden their bikes down. I know , pussed out, me.

Anyway one of the riders had been forced into a ditch by a Semi he flopped into a grass bank . He was sore but rode on to Ga. anyway. By the time the races were over though , he was getting pretty stiff and asked if I'd ride his bike home. Hmm, O.K. ill fitting open face hat, no jacket and 400 miles to go.
    The bike was a SuperGlide shovel, almost new and pretty sweet. On the way to Atlanta his brother on a KZ1000 Ltd. and I got into some roll ons. The kawie walked away and no one noticed that i was rapidly falling back.
    The 1200 had become a 600 dragging a dead cylinder when a lifter pumped up and caused a bent valve. This was 50 miles into the ride. Luckily the Caddy caught up with me cause I could only limp along at 50 mph.
    We stashed the bike at a gas station and I slept all the way home in the back of the Caddy.

Sorry O.P. I'm no help.
  7. BadBob

Oddometer:
    aint lazyness,just a ludite on the pc! downloading pics! reg on another site, wont accept my pics..... fuck it prefer to be riding than, frigging about online! 40 bob sheltons ! well that must take 5 mins! ever been on ebay? wots usual number of bike searches? new that i would leave myself open to negative shit but hay,hoo . you dont need to see an exploded hog, to know weather you can help! read the thread. http://www.facebook.com/bob.shelton.568 hows that! magic!
  8. Married Man

Married Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apparently, you can't lurk on fb, you have to join. Baisez cela ( pardon my French).
  9. pommie john

pommie john Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does this help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. dmftoy1

dmftoy1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    JB weld
  11. Married Man

Married Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pix, Pommie John. I'm still not joining fb.
  12. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    There is a HUGE aftermarket for all the H-D's, even the shovel. I'm SURE, somewhere in North America is a set of good condition used cases that were shelved to allow fitting big cases. We just need to connect you. Will serial numbers be an issue for the legality of the bike?
  13. gusanito

gusanito Mindless Wonderer

Oddometer:
    That doesn't look too bad. I've seen before and after pics of grenaded cases that have been fixed and they look better than new.
    Go to shovelhead.us, and ask for help. Someone will point you in the right direction.
  14. Jon-Lars

Jon-Lars Jon-Lars

Oddometer:
    I don't see a problem.

It's parked. Mo' better.
  15. WooPig

WooPig Redundant

Oddometer:
    :eek1 Yessir. That sumbitch is BLOWED up. Ouch.
  16. BadBob

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, will check them out.
    Cheers john, all electrikery to me!
    never thought about people going bigger! yeh i forgot about facebook not letting you browse. ride safe BB
  17. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    ditto on both.

those pics look photochopped. I think u just didn't wanna ride it that far.
  18. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass Supporter

Oddometer:
    How... the fuck... do you deform the wrist pin end of the rod like that??? :huh
  19. mtiberio

mtiberio Adventurer

Oddometer:

Actually I believe they have replacement motors for shovelheads...
  20. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That needs way more than a set of cases. I have a set of cases from a '78 Shovel. I'm afraid you'll not find them cheap. PM me if interested.