Simple Petition to Sign Opposing Wilderness

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Elefant 900 Rad, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    In my opinion, these important land use topics should be PINNED so they remain on the top of the page for awhile. Moderators, can you do that ?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

The United States and California does not need anymore Wilderness !! Please Participate, sign petition and take some time to write your Congressman.

From Stewards of the Seqouia.......

The 2007 Boxer California Wild Heritage Bill S-493 proposes 36 new Wilderness additions totaling over 1.1 million acres

It includes three inappropriate Wilderness additions in the Sequoia, which would close 46 existing trails to multiple use.
    Motorized groups have adopted at least 7 trails within the area proposed to be closed to them
    None of these volunteer groups were contacted to ask if they thought these Wilderness proposals were appropriate.
    None of these areas were recommended for Wilderness by the Sequoia National Forest.

HERE is a simple petition opposing any more Wilderness Areas in California.

The bill will probably be scheduled for a vote about six months from now. Contact your Congressman & let them know how you feel.
  2. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    Randy,

If you get a lot of interest I will sticky it OK.

MB
  3. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    I sure hope it gets a lot of interest !! Let's see some responses.
  4. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. rigwelder

rigwelder Adventurer...in theory...

Oddometer:
    petition signed!!!
  6. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    Signed:deal
  7. Desert Dave

Desert Dave Enjoying the moment

Oddometer:
    Here's my bump to the top....

Signed that petition an I plan to remain active fighting this one to the end. If you enjoy your bike on any kind of dirt at all, I can't see how anyone wouldn't have a lot of interest in this!
  8. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
    OK guys, I have stickied this as requested.

:thumb

MB
  9. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Guys, this is some REALLY important stuff right here. The first go around with the Wilderness Designation I ran into Boxer's San Diego office which is right down the street and had her office workers show me the map and explain what was going on. I then expressed my extreme displeasure. I'm going again today.

GET INVOLVED or we lose it to our own apathy.
  10. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Britt, THANKS for pinning this topic.

I still think we need a Land Use / Environmental Issues Forum to inform people about what's going on....maybe they don't want to research it themselves, so let the ones who get this info to help keep others informed.

I know you don't want political stuff, but many of these issues are so Extremely Important to our sport.....what will you all do when you lose all the awesome jeep trails, fire roads, etc.....once they designate it wilderness, or close them to motorized ? Most people don't really know how much land we are losing and where, until after it is lost.

Mr. Admin....are you listening ? Please reconsider a new forum for these issues.
  11. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Yes. It's a sad statistic that only 6% of people who off-road in any form, are active and donate money, send letters, etc. to try to help keep our lands open. If the thousands of off-roaders (including people who ride Adventure Bikes on trails and fire roads) got involved, we would have a much stronger voice and clout.

The environmentalists are heavily funded and many of them write letters to support bills, etc. It's TIME you get involved, if you're not already.

The environmental groups have about 52 full time attorneys to file frivolous lawsuits for endangered species and against the land management agencies.....no wonder they don't have any money to maintain trails and for enforcement.

The Off-Road groups in California only have money to pay for ONE full time attorney to work for our interests. Imagine if every off-roader donated.....we would have enough money to combat their attorneys, their proposals, their lawsuits, etc.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm really passionate about this since my passion is RIDING !!
  12. tumbleweed695

tumbleweed695 tumbleweed695

Oddometer:
    signed,sealed , and delivered,:clap
  13. Adventure Kitty

Adventure Kitty Tuna Gatita Blanca

Oddometer:
    I am in Mr Randy! I cannot vote but I made sure that Greg signed it.

I would not have been able to rescue my baby chupacaras in the Sequoia National Forest if they had closed it to aventures!
  14. Donkey Hotey

Donkey Hotey De Jo Momma

Oddometer:
    Yup, I signed. Thanks Randy (and AK :wink:) for the link.

You're right, this stuff needs visibility though I think it works best right here in the appropriate regional forum. It's better visibility for the people who just check-in every few days or weeks and check their 'normal' haunts.
  15. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    john hancocked
  16. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    signed.
  17. canpile

canpile Trail User

Oddometer:
    Signed..........It's just never enough for these folks, is it?!!:huh The population grows and the land shrinks? :topes!!!!
  18. MaddBrit

MaddBrit meh

Oddometer:
  19. Big Mistake onWheels

Big Mistake onWheels Banned

Oddometer:
    At the very bottom of the petition is a "send to a friend" feature. I sent it to ALL my California pals. Bunches MORE public land here in Idaho are under consideration by congress for the "wilderness"designation. They just want to keep Americans off their own lands. commie homo bustards. Boxer'll vote for it tho.
  20. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Signed and sent, thanks.