This is MINE (if I win the lottery)!!

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by elmoreman, Oct 28, 2005.

1. elmoreman

elmoreman takin' a break, boss

Oddometer:
  2. Solo Lobo

Solo Lobo airhead or nothing Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know... stock forks, small tank... doesn't look like a $10K R80GS to me...
  3. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    :scratch

Sweet lookin', but I don't see anything other than a fancy paint job. No HPN subframe, special front fork or anything real fancy.
    Looks like a salvage bike to me, the fancy numberplate/headlight was a cheaper solution to replacing the correct guages and the after market pipe was cheaper than a stocker.
    I think you could build something as nice or nicer for a whole lot less.
  4. elmoreman

elmoreman takin' a break, boss

Oddometer:
    I never said it was WORTH 10,900 - but if I win the lottery its chump change. FYI - it is a totally redone 78(?) r100 engine, custom wheels, ohlins rear, blah, blah, blah...lots of goodies and fresh paint. Its a lot to pay for the "one of a kind" label, no doubt, but I still love it.
  5. Stephen

Stephen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    And fenders! Nice fenders!

Feh.

IMO, the 80 is a better engine than the 100. Gutless, but sweet. And that G/S chassis is even less capable of handling the liter engine than the R100GS.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Airhead Brit

Oddometer:
    It has a three stud rear wheel so it is an early monolever R80G/S that has been "decked out" in the 1996 R80 GS Basic paralever colours.

The 1996 R80GS Basic, (which was only officially sold in Germany[not the UK] had the same tank as the R80ST, (same as G/S tank but with later filer cap).

The price - in Europe a good paralever Basic will sell for £5,000, (US$10,000), plus - I have just sold my Basic for exactly that and I had three guys who were prepared to pay that price. It had low miles and was in great condition.

The Bike in this thread looks really good and it could well be worth the asking price. These early G/Ss are great Bikes and it looks as if the owner has spent money on it and put together a good Bike. Just try buying an early Bike that needs money spending on it and you would be surprised how quickly the $s disappear.

I still have my Kalahari, (well it is a Basic with a Kalahari Tank and HPN seat), which is worth the same amount of money, maybe more.

I agree with the comments re the 80 versus the 100 engine, particularly on this type of GS[G/S]

[​IMG]

Para
  7. SmutMug

SmutMug Banned

Oddometer:
    It would take a lot more than $10 K to get this one ...