The Long Way Back

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by KamikazeKLR, Apr 16, 2013.

1. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry /i haven't posted in a while, I'm in the midst of putting together all the pictures.
  2. KamikazeKLR

Oddometer:
    Riding though Quebec was gorgeous. We took a path less travelled and tried bits of the TCAT there but didn't really like it because it's mainly rough forestry roads that shake the bikes to bits.

Not much to report between there and home. Here are the last of the pictures.

Here we decided to take an unpaved road just east of a small town called Chapleau in Ontario but found that a river/stream had washed out a part of it. Like good ADVers, we didn't turn around and went right on through.
    It's decentlty deep and when I went after Chris, I hit a rock and fell over. No harm done though.
    [​IMG]

Making our way home, we stopped at our usual cliff just North of Kenora to do some rock climbing. We stayed here a couple days but the weather was pretty hot so we didn't do all that much.
    [​IMG]

When we left, we rode from there to St. Malo where I visited family (and where the trip really began) then North up to Winnipeg.

GPSKevin met us here and is currently chaning his oil in our garage.
  3. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Hardcore ADvers.:clap
    Good to see Kevin found his way. Yee seem to take care of each other pretty well.
    "Long may yer big jib draw", me old trout. Google the translation from Newf to English (but there is an App for that called Whaddayapp)
  4. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great ride report! And great pictures.

Murph told me about this ride report a few weeks ago, but I just now got around to checking it out. He took me in for a few days when I was in Newfoundland last year. It was cool seeing your bikes parked where mine was last year!
  5. KamikazeKLR

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone.

The trip ended on a weird note. I was glad to have a bed to sleep on, but most of me wanted to keep riding. Keep riding until we hit the Pacific. Then when we got there, go as far south as we could. How desperately I wanted to keep going. But as with any good adventure, some things end. I can't say things are back to normal here at home because this experience has left me wanting more and looking towards the furthest horizons.

BC? California? Mexico? Panama? Who knows. Regardless, this won't be my last Ride Report.

Let's just see where this big red beast takes me...
  6. KamikazeKLR

Oddometer:
    Hahaha as I understand, we may have been but a fraction of the people murph has had in that tiny parking spot :lol3

I want to go back. I want to ride back and do this whole trip over again. Good old murph showed us the potential of Newfoundland and it is immense.
  7. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Great ride report Mel. Every long trip ends that way.

Soon Stationary sickness sets in and you are forced into the next ride planning. It is the only cure.
  8. Truenorth2005

Truenorth2005 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report.
    As for UPS, I flatly refuse to deal with them for cross border shipments anymore. Every time I have used them it was an expensive and frustrating experience. Now I insist on USPS shippment or I pickup at a shipping company on the US side if I have to use UPS. Their bogus brokerage fees make dealing with them an nonstarter.
    I look forward to your next RR on your trip to Panama.
  9. Truenorth2005

Oddometer:
    What camera and lens were you using for your RR as I see quite a bit of fisheye bend in your millenium park pictures in Chicago?
  10. KamikazeKLR

Oddometer:
    That my friend, is the glorious little GoPro Hero 3 silver edition camera. Hands down best ride camera ever. Millions of mounts and incredible video.
  11. ttr

ttr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very intersting RR!
  12. Truenorth2005

Oddometer:
    Impressive photo quaity. I may have to invest in one.