RI & Eastern CT Big Bike Drop-o-rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by mrt10x, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Aside from high taxes and terrible weather, New England is pretty cool. Lots of people come here because they think it's cool here. I have always thought that other places that I've gone were a lot cooler than here, but then I realized I was on vacation and just doing cool stuff. If I lived there, I'd still have to go to work every day and get to do cool stuff on the weekends. Once you've done all the cool stuff in your immediate area, somewhere else starts looking cooler. It's an illusion but...... "I can dream can't I":D
    The other thing I noticed in Colorado, is, we were driving 2-3 hours from our hotel, to do the cool stuff. in 2-3 hours from here you can be a lot of places too.
  2. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    mrt10x, heated garage, eh? So I can store some bikes there and just fly out whenever? And I call dibs on the turquoise bedroom!
  3. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Hey I love RI.. it is why I tried so hard to get back here for my last tour... it is right up there with San Diego as my favorite duty station.. even more than Hawaii. My best friend happens to live in Co Springs.. another very good friend in Fort Collins, and some familly in Montrose, Co Springs, Glenwood Springs,, etc. As a person who has lived in HI, CA, AZ, VA, GA, RI, a couple of months in FL, and a year in Japan I totally agree.. the grass is always greener... but every place has fun things to do if you just get off your butt and do them. I was always shocked at how many of my Marines "hated" Hawaii... it is because they never left the base.
  4. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:

here is the place.. I am still waiting for the financing people to hit me over the head and tell me I am off my rocker. We will see.. I have 800+ credit and the 20% down payment.. so it is all about debt/income ratio.. I should be fine, ,but I am still nervous about it. I have to buy it as an investment property so the best rate I can get is 4.6% instead of the 3.6% that is available for primary residence,, but I can refinance when I actually move in.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1053926560-350-Comanche-Trl-Woodland-Park-CO-80863
  5. lilolita

lilolita fahr mit mir

Oddometer:
    dude, if you're getting 4.6% on investment property, be VERY, VERY happy.
  6. Stan Dalone

Stan Dalone Where ever I go, there I am!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Guest house included? :rofl
  7. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice looking place...

Damm I can't believe the taxes, houses in my town pay that much a month...!!!...WTF..
  8. jxg

jxg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i think that is a mother-in-law apartment...
  9. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Two guest houses.. this one is heated for the winter

[​IMG]
  10. Rhode trip

Rhode trip guided by voices Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice. Congratulations. That is a beautiful area to live in. Looking forward to the Colorado Drop-O-Rama!:clap
  11. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
    That's a deer stand.:D
  12. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Google Earth view, lets you stand at any address and look around in 3D view.
    You can actively zoom in and spin around just like your standing there.
    Handy for checking out the Topography of Trails.

http://www.google.com/earth/index.html

[​IMG]
  13. Rhode trip

Rhode trip guided by voices Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. stromper

stromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How did you get the Tomahawk visual guidance footage?
  15. Drewha

Drewha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to Colorado! Sweet!
    [​IMG]
  16. stromper

stromper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Berkshire dual sport Sandisfield, Mass on 5-20 right up rt8

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755308

I think I will be doing this
    Any of my 3 bikes would be fine Strom, f650, or TW200.......

I did this a couple of times on a drz think I would stay off the hero sections on anything but the Tdub... so. Having observed a bigbike drop o rama you find this run very fun as its on tertiary roads mostly, not any single tracks.

I am considering camping out the night before and if partnered with 1 or more then would drive up in van with trailer on Saturday. Returning home after the ride on Sunday after noon. If the tdubs want to come I think I could get like 3 or 4 on my trailer with some fungo engineering and share the gas ?

I am in Baltic, CT as a starting point or could meet in some common spot

YES/ NO/ Going ing anyway/ PM me.
  17. Rusty Rocket

Oddometer:
    This event is put on by my club, and I'm the co-trailboss, so I expect every one of you to be there.:wink: Be sure to say hello. We get a big ADVRider.com turnout from as far away as Delaware.
  18. Bikenstitches

Bikenstitches Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did this for the first time last year, and it was a blast. Teamed up with a guy on another F650 Dakar and did fine on the 100 mile loop. Got lost somewhere along the way, but good time anyway.
  19. Drewha

Drewha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pre entry mailed in. This will be my fourth year in a row. Always a great ride. Everyone I have ridden with from this thread could do this ride, no problem. Hero sections graded 1 and 2 would be doable. Anything 3 and up will be a challenge. But thats what it is all about, challenging yourself. And you always have the choice do follow the bypass on the route sheet for all the hero sections if you choose not to do them. I'm in.
  20. HeyDoc

HeyDoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will probably make it this year. I plan on riding up the night before, camp out, ride the event, ride home. Anyone else plan on riding/camping with a "big bike" ?