Big bike ADV ride Saturday 5-23 | Start @ Atsion

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by RacerXS, May 19, 2009.

1. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy crap! I bet Andrew led you into that :lol3

No pics?
  2. 2Wheels4Life

2Wheels4Life It's all in the user name

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice riding and nice meeting everyone today! See you guys next time.
  3. LstMnStndng

LstMnStndng Shot at and missed . . .

Oddometer:

Yeah he did! He led for awhile but after a few deadends I jumped in front to try and get us out with the Zumo. Which ended with some overgrown traintracks which we gave up trying to cross after the first scent of cooking clutch.

With a little teamwork we got all the bikes out and tried going the opposite direction the GPS said to go. Which worked out pretty good. Then after a few water crossings we got onto a horse trail that brought us past some surprised looking campers, and back to the lot. . . . eventually. All in all a good time.
  4. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    The first three miles was straight out of Atsion via Quaker Bridge Road. There wasn't any sand yet. It was a packed road. We assumed that when you didn't show up in 15 minutes that you had decided to go back to the parking lot (a straight shot back on the same Quaker Bridge Road).

Sorry about the misunderstanding. We really didn't think you three wanted to continue with us. And we did send someone back to check on you.

Boy, were the woods dry. Didn't see a single puddle! At least on the first little part that I was able to do.

p.s., the 13 year old's soccer team had a 0 to 0 tie! That's like kissing your sister!:lol3
  5. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    No problem, it all worked out OK. One rider had a couple of spills in quick succession so it tied us up for a bit. It was his first time ever in sand and he was on a BIG bike... tough combination. He (wisely, IMO) chose to park it and enjoy the scenery and we picked him up a couple of hours later and made sure he got back to the parking area.

Hopefully we can hook up with some folks that know their way around sometime. We had fun wandering, but it would be neat to see some of the highlights (fire tower, etc.) of the area.
  6. RVC7

RVC7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, guys for a great ride. I was the dumb ass on the Tiger with no knobbies. They're on order and should be here by next week, can't wait. Had I known it was going to be that deep, I probably wouldn't have made the 1.5 hour trip there. My motocross experience helped a lot today. Hey, at least I didn't go down and kept my balance on those street tires. Quite challenging to say the least. Damn, that friken sand was not fun on my Anakees. Hope to join another ride soon with the proper equipment. Ride safe.
  7. I'LL-GO-212-201

I'LL-GO-212-201 I'M A 50-YR OLD LIAR

Oddometer:
    Well I was pretty disappointed.... there was suppose to be Asian hookers, but they never showed and that drunken Andy guy got us lost.... I'm just happy to be alive.... I mean WTF:deal
  8. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea, I was expecting to see girls kissing up at apple pie hill at the very least :rofl

Glad we bailed after the bar.....
  9. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Well, I hate to make you fellas feel bad, but when I got back to the Atsion parking lot, there was a beautiful Russian woman sunbathing topless next to her boyfriend who was changing his wheels to knobbies. Very nice surprise!

Sorry, but I promised no pictures! :wink: :wink:
  10. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I said i know the way home i never said it was the right way. had a good ride thanks guys next time we can go to the deep sand
  11. pgods

pgods Godspeed rider

Oddometer:
    Great ride!.
    First time in sand and I managed to drop my bike only 4 times throughout the day. I discovered that picking up a 1200GS in the sand isn't fun, but MANY thanks to the guys who helped me pick up the beast.

RacerXS ...should have stayed with us after lunch. The trails were much more interesting and varied: whoops, single track, water crossings, and getting LOST. Next time.

Decafe...you're hilarious!

Attached Files:

12. pgods

pgods Godspeed rider

Oddometer:
    here's another photo

Attached Files:

• PB1.jpg
      PB1.jpg
      File size:
      99.7 KB
      Views:
  13. drrthumper

drrthumper n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for getting the ride together, we'd been looking for an opportunity to get up there and explore some of the Pines. It was good to meet you, although I'm terrible with names. I was on the Husky 250 and stayed behind with Craig & Mike to help Dave out.
    Cool area and we're looking forward to getting back up there to see some of the sites we missed. I'm especially sorry we missed the naked Russian woman and the Asian hookers!
    Mike, post up when you do another "Great Adventure" ride, that sounds like allot of fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was great meeting up with you too, it was a cool day.

To post the pics into the thread you just have to copy out the IMG code out of Photobucket, the one @ the bottom of the 4 choices.

15. TomN

TomN Long timer

Oddometer:
    When is round 2? I love seeing bike bikes in the sand :clap
  16. RacerXS

RacerXS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soon hopefully!

I have some video of the day i'm editing right now to post up, one of a pretty good fall I took that is really good.
    I got pretty much the whole day of riding with an adventure cam I had mounted on the front of the bike.
  17. I'LL-GO-212-201

I'LL-GO-212-201 I'M A 50-YR OLD LIAR

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to upload a photo so it doesn't post wideways, in under six hrs
  18. Mr. FantaStik

Mr. FantaStik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics guys! Hope I can make it to the next one...
  19. vengox

vengox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have GPS coordinates for apple hill tower? Every time I go back there, I try to find it with now luck.
  20. motojunky

motojunky Professional Idiot

Oddometer:
    We didn't miss the Russian woman, she just wasn't naked when we got there. Sorry I missed that part. I think I recall you telling me that you got naked in front of her instead. Not sorry I missed that. :puke1