Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. RUOK

RUOK no, no I guess not

Oddometer:
    When I used a shout in Whiterun a guard run up to me and told me not to do that again, it upset the locals.
  2. RUOK

RUOK no, no I guess not

Oddometer:
    It was night time, perhaps they were all in bed, the only one that hasn't been friendly is the high elf adviser.
  3. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    Sure I did. It kills, but the effect with normal people is just better. :rofl

Sometimes you get a neglected feeling, if a dragon swoops at you and gets distracted by a mudcrab. What am I? Unimportant?

Dragons aren't too bad. I got 60% fire resistant boots... I can get three good shots at them with a bow while they hover, trying to roast me. Doesn't do too much damage with good armor. When they land, the get dragonbane in their scaly asses. :clap
  4. Skippii

Skippii Did you eat my Zinger???

Oddometer:
    Man, I'm getting my ass kicked by anything with a sword.

My robes and hood are great for magic, but they don't do a damn thing to protect me from a claymore to the face.

So far I haven't messed around with wards at all. I prefer to have destruction on one hand and atronauch conjuration in the other--does anyone here use wards a lot?

I was switching the left hand to healing spells after summoning the atronauch, but that depletes magicka so quickly it seems a lot better to use potions.
  5. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    Wards work for 60 seconds. I use them when trying to level up my light armor skill. The dark brotherhood suit looks good, but doesn't do shit so safe your hide. I have to look in one of my houses for that nightingale armor... I hope I didn't sell it.

Try to find the 3 gauldur amulet pieces. When repaired, it gives +30 for alle three stats. You can also find armor that helps with magic. I got an ebony helmet with +60% magicka regeneration.
  6. Skippii

Oddometer:
    The wards I have just work as long as you hold the trigger. Are you saying you can get some that you just cast once and then they stay up for 60 seconds, like the shields from ealier ES games? Haven't found those yet..
  7. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    Oakflesh and stoneflesh is what I got there. They are under alteration. Armor +40 and +60 for stoneflesh.
  8. Skippii

Oddometer:
    Okay, I've got those.
    But do they work if you don't actually have any armor? I just assumed they only improved the armor you were wearing.
  9. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    IfI read right, they state armor points are added, not percent.
  10. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Still trying to find the Staff of Magnus. :bluduh

I'm all about anything fire related. My standard is Flame Spell on the left and Orcish Sword enchanted with flame on the right. Flame Atronach or Staff of Flames when needed.

I like to have a spell on one hand and a weapon on the other at all times so you don't deplete Magika or Stamina too quickly, but don't listen to me because I suck. :lol3

I have some pretty good enchanted steel armor & helmet that give big bonuses to Health and Magika.
  11. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
  12. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
  13. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
  14. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:
    Heh, check out the bow I've been using. It's like the .50BMG of Skyrim archery. with x3 sneak attack I'm pretty much just one-shotting everything but the dragons, they take as many as 5 hits sometimes...

[​IMG]
  15. RUOK

RUOK no, no I guess not

Oddometer:
    That's awesome, it's does like nearly 3 times the damage of my best bow so far.
  16. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    :becca

You guys are killing me! I cannot wait for Christmas now, I want Skyrim something fierce! I feel like a little kid again! :lol3
  17. Off the grid

Off the grid Scrub Daddy

Oddometer:
    On the front lines, battling a global pandemic.
    10x mine. :lol3
  18. urbanXJ

urbanXJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got the MAV in BF3. It's OK. I like the one in BF2 better. The only thing it does is spot enemy, but you can also fly it into them and get a roadkill. It's not easy though.

Oh, and you can get a supressor in the mg248. It is awsome. So is the Javalin. Take aim to the side of the tank not the front or back as if the driver backs up or does fwd the missle will just hit the ground infront or behind enemy tank.

When using hte stinger/IGLA, wait for enemy to pop flares, wait a few seconds then fire otherwise your missle just chases the flare

The infared camo seems to work very well for tanks too.
  19. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I finally got the Staff of Magnus! :wings

It only took me about 5 hours.
  20. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    :clap I'm so happy for you! :lol3