ADVRider NY/NJ/MA/RI/VT Chapter ride in VT.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by nachtflug, Jun 21, 2003.

1. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    Well, what was supposed to be the chapters biggest event quickly denegrated into a wussy contest. One by one they sheepishly dropped out claiming rain as the reason. First Pilsner, the Ari, then Tribeless, Auggie with some lame excuse of previous comittments. So throwing weather forecasts to the wind, I soldiered on up to the Green Mt. State to the planned meeting place in North Bennington, with our grascious hosts Dukegirl and Vespafitz. YEs I had to leave NY at 6am in the rain to be there at 9am, but I did. No sign of Dizave and Rabia, and nothing but closed curtains and dark windows at the vespa house. I knocked on the door for awhile, and I know I heard whispering inside, but no answer. Hell I even heard a toilet flush and floor boards creaking. Well I can take a hint, and decided that this chapter ride was going on even if the president had to do it by himself. So into the Vermont wilderness I went, green green green, nothng but green. Would have been nicer with more people, but this fair weather policy the chapter has adopted without my approval is going to end and its going to end quick. Your either in or your out, and I dont care if any of these bastards want to whine about long distances in the rain and housework and lawns to mow etc etc, this is not how the goddam chapter is going to run.

Sorry, This is a ride report.

With no further ado. I present the very green Vermont.

[​IMG]
  2. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    So despite the wet weather, I had a good time. BY MYSELF!

And what would a ride report in Vermont be without the obligatory covered bridge pic?

[​IMG]
  3. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    These covered bridges really give you a feel for times long past. Men carved a life out of the wilderness with their bare hands, and were not afraid of a hard days work. It was an absolute privilege to have to wait out a cloudburst in one of them. Heres a pic of the GS enjoying the dry warmth of a Vermont covered bridge.

[​IMG]
  4. raindog

raindog dharma bum

Oddometer:
    :ear What's the big deal with rain:confused At least you had a great ride. If the behavior you explained truly did occur..you should send your droogs out to punish the offending members immediatly.:rofl

Attached Files:

5. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Time seemed to stand still inside this bridge, and I could alomst hear the voices of the men who built it as they cut the beams by hand and toiled on their chosen task, probably working on a Sunday with a covered basket of hearty Vermont maple panckaes and apple syrup and sausage delivered by a Vermont maiden with her long clean white apron.

Then I thought about those bastards like Plisner and Tribeless and Ari who wussed out on this ride, and Rabia and Dave who were probably still holed up in a hotel somewhere, taking a pass on the day, and Dukegirl and Vespafitz, who conveniently couldn't find their way from there dry warm beds to their front door where I knocked for 20 minutes. It kind of made me want to just stay in that covered bridge and never go back to the real world.

[​IMG]
  6. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Looks curiously like Flug's back yard and shed.

Why do they store oil in the covered bridge there Fluggy?

So who wussed out?
  7. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    that looks a lot like your garage, fluggy.
  8. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    oh trust me raindog, this behavior did occur, and I have only one thing to say to all these no show wannabe adventure riders. membership in this chapter is earned not given, and I have the presidential power to boot from the chapter every one of those jerks who said they were coming and then bailed. so from the great state of vermont to all of them, heres a nice saturday morning advrider salute for you.

[​IMG]
  9. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Where did I hear that before??

:ksteve

wake up Fish
  10. ilmostro

ilmostro Under Da Sea

Oddometer:
    Wow they even left behind some "Ye ol' Tyme Covered Bridge Building Oil" in th eperiod correct plastc containers!
    :evil
    IlMostro
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    ok, last pic from this public library pc, got a long ride home. heres one of a nice vermont water wheel grist mill, just as it stood150 years ago. never let a little rain prevent you from pursuing your dreams shall be my motto for ever on. Long live Vermont.

[​IMG]
  12. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    check out the posting times. you must have beat me by mere nanoseconds. now be a good little boy, and go beat pepe, huh?
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    disreagard that pic, thats from when I left this morning. does anyone know how to delete a pic. goddamit.
  14. P. Urquell

P. Urquell Martini Taste Tester

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

Covered bridge my ass... :flip

Here's the email I awoke to this morning from our esteemed, chapter president.

15. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aaaack! No wonder they were afraid to answer the door! :yikes

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You screwball :pissed
  16. mleir

mleir Evil Doer

Oddometer:
    Wow flug that is the best ride report ever. I felt your disappointment when Dukegirl would not open the door to let the Pres in. I felt your anger with Dave, Rabia nd others for standing you up because of a little rain. Some adventure riders I tell you what!!! I too know what its like to be out on the road all alone, looking for a friendly smile.

Great covered bridge pics! It was like I was there with you!

Great Trip. What an adventure! kudos to you Flug!
  17. tribeless

tribeless _________________________

Oddometer:
    What, no waitresses in Vermont? Now Im suspicions...

Vespa and Duke Girl, I wouldn't have answered the door either but thanks for going to all the trouble of trying to pull this off.
  18. kbasa

kbasa big big energy

Oddometer:
    I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!
  19. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    I don't get it? :dunno
  20. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible Supporter

Oddometer:
    Charlie Brown should take a lesson. Flug can write a better ride report without ever leaving his garage than most people who ride hundreds of miles. :rofl