LAMEco and Race for the wounded take on the 2013 Mexican 1000 for charity

Discussion in 'Racing' started by azcagiva, Jan 27, 2013.

1. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    LAMEco and Race for the wounded have joined forces.
    [​IMG]

So now I give you LAMEco/Race for the wounded.

[​IMG]

We will be racing two bikes. Honzilla and A yamaha XT 500 ( formerly belonging to inmate grimmboy).

It looks like Honzilla will be the oldest bike in the race again. I have fitted some new rear shocks to Honzilla, and this time they are sprung correctly. Oh and the wheels are round now too!!
    [​IMG]

We have a few things to do and Honzilla will be ready to go. She will be a little quieter now due to the reworked LAMEco pipe, but not much.

The Yamaha just needed a few little things. I am in the process of getting a steering stabilizer for the blue bike. Parts should be done end of next week.

[​IMG]

Let the fun begin.

-John

ps I am trying to get some shirts made, but in true LAMEco fashion it will be a last minute deal. Stay tuned.
  2. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. :lurk

It looks like you're 2/3rds of the vintage bikes so far. Is it a riders TBD thing or are you going to ride them both? :lol3
  3. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    Do you have the team set yet John? Scott just hit me up he is going to be working for the race so is out as chase. Vera is still working to see if she can make it or not, but you got me buddy. Looks like I am going to fly in, Chris is going to pick me up in Ca. and we will drive down. I am still trying to get with Hup for ya but I will let you know when I get something back.
  4. azcagiva

Oddometer:
    You are in and it looks like Chris will get some seat time as well.

-John
  5. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    In true vintage fashion one bike with LAMEco will not only be vintage itself but will have vintage riders too! Mr. Fast & Bronco Driver will be on the team making the aggregate age in the high 100's. We've got a ringer to make up for the old geezers hopefully. So John Sr. will be on the Yamaha & Jr. will head up Honzilla. :clap
  6. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    all I can say is... Jackass

LOL
  7. HalfFast

HalfFast Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer:
    Hey Brett,
    My Dad is coming and he is both a Baja Veteran and worker bee. He killed it last year when he chased the NORRA for us. If you need a lift we can pick you up on the way through SoCal. So far it's just me and him making the trek.
  8. LC Garage

LC Garage On Any Sunday Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeehaw! (or is that Eeee Awww! :mulie) :lol3

:lurk
  9. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    We can work all of that out when I get home, not sure what is going on with Vera yet. All I know is I NEED to get back to Baja:D
  10. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    Baja withdrawal can be very painful. :baldy
  11. azcagiva

Oddometer:
    I had a custom top clamp made, and picked it up saturday. I forgot to get a pick to post. It turned out great and will allow us to mount a scotts dampner to the xt.

I should have some pics in the next day or so.

-John
  12. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    Here are some photos from the bowels of LAMEco Racing. Astute readers will note the absence of an engine in the TT500 (aka The Blue Nun!). We fired her up yesterday & it smoked pretty bad. So, out comes the engine for a quick tear down. The cylinder was full of oil. Two reasons. The rings had never seated & the valves were muy malo. The intake valve was tuliped. Now I've seen many an exhaust valve tuliped by heat but an intake? Must have been made in the Lowlands. This brings up a point that we at LAMEco learned the hard way. To state that our government is out of control is to berate the obvious. A few years ago the puke faces in the EPA required all of our motor oil mfgs. to eliminate zinc & phosphorus from our oil. Well, this is the stuff that makes an engine break in! Oil rings seat, etc. Consequently, if you don't use break in oil you're screwed.:deal Also, take a look at the camshaft & you can see broken metal around the pin hole. Now folks at LAMEco maybe 1/2 assed but even we know that if you can see a defect or feel it with your fingernail you're screwed!! We will be installing a new cam. The piston is fine. We will re-ring it, hone the wall & use break in oil after assembly. The good folks at at R/D Spring in Hesperia are making us a new set of stainless steel valves. Additional note: Unpaid LAMEco staff & photo guru put these pics together & I'm too lame (being the flounder of LAMEco) to figure out how to put comments between the photos. So, take a look & if you have any questions just ask! One comment for our friends up in Oregon at OSR who have entered a 70 something CB550 in the Mexican1000. Luke, take a look at the cafe racer we built from one! Look at how vulnerable your points cover on the right is. Make it bullet proof Buddy!:evil
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    H[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. $Penney

$Penney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pics show much work to be done... typical rebuild and ready for race day.:becca
  14. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    nice choice in the Yamaha and it already had a roadbook !!
  15. LC Garage

LC Garage On Any Sunday Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great report! Cool shop and even cooler bikes, each with a story to be told. Looking forward to visiting your shop in person some day, is that Owen with you?

Keep up the reports, good stuff and those nuggets of wisdom like why we need break in oil are helpful, thanks!

:clap
  16. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    Owens the ugly one. I'm the handsome guy!:freaky
  17. HalfFast

HalfFast Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer:
    No worries there.:D

Last year Owen and John Jr. built Honzilla from parts in like 45 days...... :huh

Oh and I love the super secret formula gold paint on those motors..... yummy! :clap

And OMG Honzilla has a hinged seat!!!!!! that is the best upgrade possible.... it was a pita to pull off during transit stages last year....
  18. Mr Fast

Mr Fast Slowly striving

Oddometer:
    In an effort to improve our Karma & maybe our chances in the upcoming Mexican 1000 we have decided to rename inmate Grimm's Yamaha TT500. It has previously been known as The Blue Nun. After several barnstorming sessions & in true LAMEco fashion we have come up with the name of The LAMEinator. We now have in the LAMEco stable for the Mexican 1000 Honzilla & The LAMEinator. :lol3:lol3:freaky:mulie
  19. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    spoke in my best Austrian... SHE"ll BE BACK..
  20. dezracerv1

dezracerv1 oobernoobski

Oddometer:
    I am stoked to b a part of the LAMEco/raceforthewounded team, Cant wait to twist the throttle in mexico with the fellas. Good times ahead.