1. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Agreed!

I'll be headed to Art Prize tomorrow, but in the cage with the little one.
  2. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    The cage at the BOB?:D
  3. GatSS

GatSS Canadian eh Supporter

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHA :lol3
  4. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    ANd a midget .....
  5. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any routes for SW MI? A few guys from the Chicago area are thinking of heading up for three days and are looking or something off the beaten path. We might camp or do hotels not sure yet. Bigger ADV bikes and some two-up. So no soft sand roads, hard packed would be great. Probably be a Sat Sun night head home Monday.
  6. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    Your going to be hard pressed to find much adventure riding in southwest Michigan. Like Illinois we have alot of gravel farm roads and the Allegan forest area has alot of very sandy two tracks. I tell road riders that the further north you go the better and the same applies to duel sporters. I've been wanting to check out SW Wisc. Have you been over there yet?
  7. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    I am heading up to Lake Co. tonight to ride in the Manistee Natl forest road system and co rds. Anyone from the area want to ride? NO single track or whooped crap for me. EZ does it:D.
  8. Tee2

Tee2 I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that is what I figured. What would you say where the best place to stay heading north for the night for the next day ride up M22 and back? My wife hates the interstate so we stick to Red Arrow and Blue Star. So it takes awhile just to get north. She would be fine on 31 and 196. She can not handle 80 94 by our house IL/IN border. On our trip home from Van Buren SP the other day we went through downtown Gary, IN. :huh And she is okay with that. :eek1

I haven't been to SW WI on the bike, sure would like too. I was up in Galena this summer in the cage for my first time. Some nice roads up there. Have you heard of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail? Better known as the T.W.A.T. It starts near the Galena area and heads up to Lake Superior. South end is paved and gravel as you go north more ORV trails and sand. I think is is around 400 miles.

Let me know if you head that way. I'm not working and might be able to get away.

Todd
  9. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    Tee, if I were you and if I wanted to ride M22 I would just jump on 196 and go like hell all the way to HOLLAND and then hit US31. Its not a bad stretch of interstate with the exception of the construction by Saugatuck. Take 31 to the north side of Manistee and follow the lakeshore on Lakeshore Drive. It will take you to M22. Lakeshore is a sweet stretch of road and most people skip it because they either don't know about it or want to ride the full length of M22. One of my favorite places to stay is the Alpine Motor Lodge which is north of Manistee and just east of Onekama on US31. Its clean, quiet and affordable with great owners. My other favorite overnighter is the little motel in Arcadia. Good prices, very clean and awesome owners. Its easy to find because its the only motel in Arcadia. If your up that way send Buls4evr a PM and he might show you some good places to eat. He is very well to do and is pretty good about picking up the tab .:lol3
  10. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm
    :hmmmmmDoes your cell phone work up there?
  11. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Yes, phone works on 3g because there are few towers in empty lake co. The luddites
    up here still have landlines. Even a phone booth in ludington yet.maybe someday in about 5 yrs, i get better signal in new mexico.........
  12. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    New Mex. Rub it in. :cry
  13. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So... I have no clue what I get when I am out riding. I am busy riding :lol3 I don't always take my phone.
  14. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I hate the way that we've become so dependent on technology but I always bring along the phone now. I've had two tire stems break in the last few years and both times called for helped and got it. When I go on long trips I even drag along the netbook. When your out in BFE and the sun is setting and you can hear a banjo playing off in the woods,:eek1.. its comforting to know that reinforcements are on the way.
  15. GatSS

GatSS Canadian eh Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wonder if they still have the same waitress that was there for the STN lunch a few years back :evil
  16. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I am not!.:huh..I've oftened wondered what the grub was like there? Its a nice looking restaurant and usually busy. I always stop at Cranes for pie and when I get to Fennville I tend to pass through town without stopping... Thanks
  17. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    The Isle of Man TT was on Velocity TV last night for four straight hours..:eek1..OMG this was by far the best race coverage I have ever seen on TV..:clap..It made me downright nervous at times seeing these bikes race down village streets just inches from brick walls, houses and other riders at over 170mph. There were times that they even pulled away from the helicopers on the wide open country coverage. Even if you have to buy, beg or steal to see coverage of this race by all means do. Its that mind blowing.:eek1:eek1:eek1 I would love to see it again on a larger TV with surround sound. Just like On Any Sunday this is a must see.
  18. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    Watch it in HD on a large screen..

Slow it down ..look at the tires suspension .. watching the bikes is mind blowing watching what is going on in slo mo with the tires/suspension will scare you to death.

Hey reddog* you going to ST louis this weekend?
  19. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, anybody want to meet up in mesick at the mushroom bar at noon Sunday for lunch? I will be on my KLX and dirt roading it.
  20. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I'm in Ludington feasting on fish. Meeting buls4evr sat. Mesick might work if I don't head back to GR.