The XT1200Z Super Tenere Link Thread MKII

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GrahamD, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

The manuals are printed here in the USA by Crestec, much like Helm, Inc. prints service manuals for General Motors, etc.

BTW, for those of you who want to order the service manual yourself, direct from Yamaha & Crestec, just go here:

http://www.yamahapubs.com/

Click on "Motorcycle" and select the proper year, model, etc., and you can order both owners and service manuals direct. The Super Tenere factory USA service manual is $93.00 and the owners manual is $20.00.

Dallara

~
  2. tomatocity

tomatocity Retired and lovin' it

Oddometer:
    Excellent information about the manuals. Is there a way to sticky this information?
  3. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be getting back to that shortly in the next day or so I hope.

Things are settling down for a spell.

Cheers
    Graham
  4. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    As REPEATED right now, I want the SERVICE MANUAL/SHOP MANUAL not the OWNER'S MANUAL..I already have an OWNERS MANUAL. I'm sure you know the difference, but you'd much rather not try to understand my post, and instead find a way to make a condescending comment.:huh I realize there may be a terminology issue here, but when you always begin by assuming anyone other than yourself is an idiot, you don't allow for other possibilities. Give people the benefit of the doubt every now and then, OK?

To Dallara and all who actually read the post and provided some good info, thanks much!
  5. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can I trouble you to take a look at the electical schematics section to see whether U.S. diagram is the only one provided? I know the manual for my KLX shows the Euro and Aus schematics as well.

I priced the Euro manual from a local YSP and it costs over 350.00 USD after converting from yen :eek1

6. japako

japako Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I looked at my US manual and could find only diagrams for our bikes.
    Ours does not show the Immobilizer circuit, and does not mention any other countries.

Hope that helps
  7. tremor38

tremor38 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks! I guess this means I work some connections to get the European manual from a European source. No way I pay the Japanese price.
  8. Dallara

Oddometer:

Same here, Japako.

Wish I had better news, Tremor38. Glad it looks like the Euro manual will fit your needs.

Dallara

~
  9. Rema in Paluda

Rema in Paluda Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i understand you perfectly.

Any dealer has it, otherwise they would not be able to maintenance it themself...

i've stated it earlier, the Workshop Manual is a *free* download for every owner, just ask your dealer, they won't bite :wink:

P.S. lets not ruin this thread with general discussion, please?
  10. Dallara

Oddometer:

Apparently you don't understand anything, R3B...

It's not any sort of free download for owners in the USA, nor it appears is it in Japan. Quit being a prat and go back to playing with paper cut-outs, please!!! :puke1

And as usual, you're the one who decided to start a debate and ruin this thread. Just ask Tremor38.

Dallara

~
  11. Wreckchecker

Wreckchecker Ungeneer to broked stuff. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, dealers have the manual, but it is not free unless you get it illegally or your dealer takes a loss for you.

The workshop manual is "intellectual property," copyrighted, and sold as a part. The digitized downloads are a violation of copyright laws in most of the world and especially in both the US and EU. Note that you can not post digital versions for sale here in ADV and the subject has also been discussed here: http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/index.php?topic=1927.0

I (and am sure others) do appreciate the earlier posts with the actual reference and part numbers. As for the rest of the carrying on, please just let it rest here to keep this as a thread of references, and not debates. There are other threads for those.
  12. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Its a violation, to print it out and sell it for money.
    Or to spread your own personal copy, around thge internet, and its sollicitation to ask anyone to share his copy, btw...
    (so please don't mail me again, if i will share my copy, i won't, there is no need to, everyone can get it, and if you are a valued customer you get it an a nice USB stick, but that is dealer courtisy, so don't demand it...)

[​IMG] In the upper right corner you see the nice flip-out branded USB stick, so it pays out to maintain a good and prosperous relationship with your dealer

I,m quite appalled people seem to think i would share copyrighted material.

I don't, and will never do such things, i'm in the writing business myself and know it would be the end if everyone spreads around intelectual property, underwile playing "sir sanctimoniuos"

i state (for the umpteenth time)

Your dealer can help you to a costfree PDF *if* you are a rightfull owner of the bike.
    If one wants to pay lots of money for a printout, its their choice...

This is a *usefull links* thread, please keep it so we can find info fast.

There is allready an General discussion XT1200Z thread...
  13. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    I work at a Yamaha dealer in the USA. Our dealer received one copy of the 2012 Super Tenere workshop maintenance manual free from Yamaha. That is what the techs use when they work on a Super Tenere. He got one copy. He did not and cannot get a free copy for every rightful owner of a Super Tenere that bought their Super Tenere at our shop. He can order one for customers thru Yamaha USA and it will cost $93 for each customer that orders one.
  14. XT12NUT

XT12NUT n00b

Oddometer:
    Dealers get nothing for free that is why the pay the BUSINESS ADMIN fee every month... to cover assembly manuals service manuals etc.
  15. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link to it, because this *is* the link thread, general discussion is elsewhere :-)

So, here's more proof of my statement, to debunk the silly remarks about the cost Yamaha would charge for their manuals...

Edit by pilot: link removed.

But anyone may pay as much as he likes for things Yamaha itself gives away for free, don't mistake Yamaha for another brand, customer satisfacting is way up on their priority list, as stated by their customer polls at the sale, and a One-Year ownership poll...
  16. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    In spite of what you keep insisting, XT1200Z service manuals are NOT free in the USA.

Also, your link doesn't work.
  17. Rema in Paluda

Oddometer:
    Okay, i'll hel you again, go to http://www.yamaha-motor.de/de/ look at the top list of icons,click on the first a mini R1 or so, now look at the right side for ersatzteilkatalog, and click the link, then click on the button ersatzteilkatalog öffnen, then click on Blue "Ich stimme zu" button in the pop-up, or new tab (according your chosen behavior), then choose 1001-1500 in Step one drop-down, then xt1200z in step 2, modelyear in step 3.

Hope this helps you enough.
  18. Dallara

Oddometer:

The link doesn't work. Got that? It has nothing to do with restrictions on Americans, or your slurs to the same. When you try and link to it you get the following:

"This access is invalid. (E.00011)"

What about that is there that you don't understand?

And to now to add, after all your additional editing above, with now a *different* link and new instructions - a "Parts Catalogue" is ***NOT*** a Service Manual! :loco

And you preach the following:

And insult others with cracks like "sir sanctimoniuos" [sic] and the like, yet you are the one who continually, endlessly, and incessantly pollutes this thread with your drivel.

I've known my Yamaha dealer for over 25 years. We're great friends. We've ridden together a lot, and I've watched him raise his kids to help operate his very large and impressive dealership. He takes wonderful care of me, and we have discussed the matter of the shop manuals at length.

And as usual, Rema/R3B... You're wrong here. As wrong as you are when you claim tires wear less when they have more weight on them. Yamaha Service Manuals are *NOT* free, nor are they available, free or otherwise at the moment, from the dealer on a CD-ROM or a USB flash drive. Manuals from other countries may be useful in some ways, but it has already been clearly pointed out that the US models differ in significant ways, particularly in the electrical systems and wiring diagrams, from the Euro/Asian/Australian/South African models.

So when are you going to let it drop, Rema/R3B... And let this thread get back to useful links instead of your useless arguing?

Dallara

~
  19. Thagua

Thagua Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer:
    Enough is enough ... Parts Catalogue is not the same as the Service Manual ... end of discussion please ...
    Cheers,
    Roberto
  20. Georgios

Georgios Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello,

can someone tell me where I can find the compression adjuster of the damper?
    I noticed a screw on the right side at the bottom of the damper and I suppose it is for the rebound.

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
    Georgios