Suzuki SV650 adventure bike intermediate build

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by B1, Jan 3, 2013.

1. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    video of a one day adventure ride with the adventurised SV650. went like a dream on easy dirt roads and tracks but the stock rear suspension isn't much chop once things get gnarly. but of course a vstrom wouldn't handle those bits very well either. so very impressed with the way it all fits together....

2. amk

amk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice. Are not you worry with the radiator width? In a drop, that one is the fist to touch the ground, on the Wee it is much narrower.
  3. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice video... Though next time make your friends hold the camera so we can see more of the SV!
    Frey likes this.
  4. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome!
  5. radianrider

radianrider Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer:
    Avon, IN If we never go, we will never know
    He has frame sliders on it--which work well to protect the radiator in a street drop situation (don't ask how I know.) Rough terrain might be a different proposition. Hard to anticipate how a bike will land, or on what, in an off road situation.
  6. Zuber

Zuber Zoob

Oddometer:
    OK, following in your footsteps.

I rode my 04 SV650S yesterday and really fell in love with that motor again. But, I hate the suspension. Way harsh. So, a pair of 93 XT600 fork legs are on order. I'm going to try to adapt these forks to the stock wheels with one disk brake.

Now to find that slightly longer ZX shock for the rear. Done, ZX6R 03-04 shock. 10mm longer, 20% stiffer spring for my 220#. Should raise the rear 30mm or so.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  7. Zuber

Zuber Zoob

Oddometer:
    Well guys, someone wanted the SV more than me. I have a pair of 93 XT600 fork legs left and for sale now. I paid $80, but will let them go cheap for an SV adventurerrrr.
  8. Juan Nacho

Juan Nacho Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am that guy. Took the bike out about a week ago for a 130 mile ride and it runs great--thanks, Dave!

I would agree, the suspension needs work and I am glad I picked up the springs and emulators. Looks like I have a little work to do when I get back home.
    invisa-bill likes this.