East Moab??

Discussion in 'Americas' started by tri650, Feb 22, 2011.

1. tri650

tri650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Planning my second trip to Moab with a buddy - did a trip in mid April 3 years ago and did most of the trails west of Moab. We are old (55+) and I would consider ourselves to be intermediate riders - not noobs and not experts. Also, my buddy is on a GS, although he really knows how to handle this beast.

Looking for options east of Moab. Have not done anything in that area. Any suggestions?
  2. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well the Slick Rock riding park is east of Moab, but probably not GS friendly. If you go too far east you run into the La Sal mountains which will be snowed in until sometime in June. There are several good trails northeast - Sovereign single track and ATV and a few others whose names I cannot recall. Sovereign ATV might be doable on a GS.
  3. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    Much of the Kokopelli Trail east of the Dewey Bridge could be done, though I'd do the shunt around McGraw Bottom.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    onion creek is east of moab along river road. it's probably the easiest dirt in moab. you run up it from the hiway to where it ends at the upper plateau.
    you make a left (2nd one up on the plateau, right goes to a private ranch. 1st left goes towards rose garden hill and the koko east) and it continues with the kokopelli that you can run back to moab. (make your next right at the T).
    GS guy might not like the koko but would like running up onion creek and back down. onion creek is the re-entrance spot for koko riders who do not want to do rose garden hill. take the 1st left and check out the climb (riding the koko east). western riding koko riders come down the hill which helps some for them.

here's the lat long for the 2nd left you take (thus riding koko west).
    38.676933°
    -109.211381°

and the 1st left that goes toward rose garden hill (thus riding koko east)
    38.688885°
    -109.220478°

and entrance to onion creek
    38.724064°
    -109.355611°

rose garden hill
    38.719278°
    -109.185512°

make right at T
    38.644828°
    -109.157618°

copy and paste these in google earth fly to box.