Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Meef's night ride this weekend is probably the best idea I've seen yet. Have you looked at the weather forcast for this weekend?

Sat
    May 26
    92°

Sun
    May 27
    94°

Mon
    May 28
    91°

Pretty much sucks to be off roading in that kind of heat... :cry
  2. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Except that it's next weekend.

June 2nd
  3. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Not really, I just ride faster so my crashes are more impressive. You should see how I wrap handlebars around gas tanks and do front flips over handlebars

I spent many years getting blown over by the fast guys. Early on a gent at a race came up to me and asked if I was riding the 125 that was flagging guys by during the race tp which he thanked me and moved on. If you know there is someone breathing down your neck, hold up a hand momentarily to let them know you'll be moving over asap then you won't have to worry about getting roosted as badly.
  4. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    lol, I guess I should have went back to make sure when it was. ;)

So what's everyone's riding plans for this 3 day weekend? :ear
  5. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:

Thank you, I hate misplaced apostophes. Makes me angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's where you are wrong. I have a small penis.
  6. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Talk about my acid tongue!!:lol3
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Camping off the bikes in PA / MD / WV / VA, destination to be determined, leaving Fri AM and back Sun real late.
  8. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    this is my one holiday weekend on call this year. my rides will be limited to within a half hour of home. :baldy
  9. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Riding out from Marblehead, at the house all weekend . Figure we'll do 3 hours out then back. Tar and vacation traffic - lovely - least its two wheels and it's supposed to be ten degrees cooler. Scenery and company should be charming so no bitchin" here
  10. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:

Dunno. The girlfriend and I are both off Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, which puts us out of whack with everyone elses fun 3 day weekend plans.

We are open to recommendations!

Edit:
    Thinking about riding to Niagara Falls Sunday, stay the night. Riding to Frankenmuth Michigan Monday (over Lake Erie and north of Detroit), hotelling it here too. Then riding home Tuesday. They would be easy days at around 300 miles, but they'd give us destinations to spend some time.
  11. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Saturday I was invited on a road ride with an inmate from Ohio Riders who've I've ridden with before, goes by Pfloyd out of Springfield. Supposed to be a bunch of connies. So I imagine it will be all road.
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    :norton Hmm, those C14 guys think their extra 100 CC makes them far superior to my 10 year old ST1300 model that Honda sees no need to make changes to except for the color.... I'd probably have to prove otherwise. :D
  13. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    Been transporting on a single bike hitch carrier. I know some of you have trucks/vans, trailer, maybe a toy carrier. Throw some options out there that work for you. I'm not very creative

My thought is a 3 rail trailer? Could get by with a 2 rail. Examples? Either a well liked model or a specific listing - like it to be cheapish (under a grand) TIA
  14. Badjuju

Badjuju Biker Billy

Oddometer:
  15. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

heeheheheh Pfloydgad ain't a C14 owner, he's an "Original" COG'r....riding a bike that was virtually unchanged, except for paint color, for 20 years......:rofl:rofl:rofl ZG1000
    I on the other hand do have the superior Transcontinental Super Sports Touring machine...C14....and it is Silver-Dammit to boot....Just like my original 86 was, heheehehehehehe:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
    all kidding aside, Greg's (PFloydgad's) saturday sesion is a COG wrench-a-thon and day ride/tire kicking sesion, good folks, good friends of mine, and you'd be surprised how many COG folks own Stroms, G/S's and D/S other brands....:evil
    Tell Greg that M.O.B. says "yo", and if he needs any emergency parts to call me....he has my number.:wink:

insert ADV Salute here:
    [​IMG]

old bikes rock.....30 years worth
    [​IMG]
  16. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    My riding plans for Memorial Day weekend: None. Not riding. At all. Anywhere.

:lol3

Srsly, after last weekend my travel itch is scratched and last year my memorial day ride was mostly stuck behind oblivious dickholes who are quite happy to amble about at 8mph under the limit in long lines of retardation while I fume in my helmet.

I hate Memorial Day on the roads.

I'm gonna go kayaking with the pooch and do an overnighter. Much more relaxing.
  17. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    What? I was ready to ride off-road again today...maybe not the Hanging rock 200 but off-road :D I got the ST13 out on Sunday and moved the Ohio Tag (not the one on this site) too.

I've always wanted to get into Kayaking too but never had anyone else that was interested and didn't want to go alone... ;)
  18. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I was just kidding about the C14 guys too. The guy I went to Alaska with last year was on a C14...he found out that a radiator guard is a good farkle to have though. ;)
  19. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I do solo trips about 99% of the time....if you count me and my lab as a solo act. It's fun with other people, but I enjoy being out on the water alone. I just cruise and camp, not really a fast water guy.

Solo is tough as you have to either do a lake/loop or arrange travel from your destination back to your truck. I usually talk my nephew into dropping me off and then getting me at the destination.
  20. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Will do.I assume I won't get punched for saying you screen name to his face. :D