Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Was Jan. 18th the cutoff date?
  2. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I see they haven't updated the list yet. I'm sure they'll get to it shortly.
  3. KowBell

KowBell Slo-Mo-Shun

Oddometer:
    #38 Paul (campbp)
    #129 Jesse (Jandreno)
    #130 Chad

Not too fussy about campsite. Would like the three of us together. Will have one van, one pickup and one tent.

Thanks
  4. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Done. :thumb
  5. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow! I guess I made it.

I'd better work on making sure the bike (and the body :lol3) actually work.

I'm not fussed about campsite - the whole point of this for me is to meet new peeps.
  6. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap #42
  7. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I hear you there. I need to get on making a deck for my trailer, putting my D606s on my extra wheel set (having a hell've a time finding a HD 17" tube), and tryign to remember to go they gym so I can be less of a big soft wimp!
  8. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

easy now tom......:rofl

now you got a job to get ready to do galacticgs's 300+ mile loop.....:bow

ERSIN UPDATED THE IN LIST TODAY. IF YOU ALREADY PAID AND NOT IN GREEN, WAIT TILL TOMORROW MORNING, AND THEN LET US KNOW. HE'S WORKING ON THE LIST AS WE SPEAK.

there will be available spots, not sure how many. this is your chance. PAYPAL TALKS. send me your payment and you're IN. we will still be actively collecting until this FRIDAY.

starting next week, we will focus on the event and planning details.
  9. nsfw

Oddometer:

jimmy, by all means post them up.

this is probably the best thread where the readers and participants are looking for answers to their crashing issue....:lol3

i won't deny it, i'm also in the special needs category...:D btw, i rode last weekend and did over 500 miles, probably 200 miles of dirt, rocks, mud, snow and ice. little sand. i survived, all those times, i keep on playing on my mind what you said, to stay in control by keeping your balance. came home with no holes in my pants and jacket....:rofl

it's your call when to do the riding basics. both days are fine. probably friday is better since there's the saturday raffle. this way the participants get 2 whammys 2 days in a row. still, your call and we will make adjustments.

thanks jimmy for being supportive and helping us all to become better riders.
  10. nsfw

Oddometer:
    damn bill, you keep on stealing my show....:becca

just kidding. really you're doing this event and the particpants a very big favor. last year, we have to buy many of our raffle prizes. this time, we could channel the extra $ to charity and couple of projects. thank you bill.
  11. skidxr

skidxr Excuses

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to figure out how much extra gas I'm going to want to carry. I will be on a 525 EXC with a 3.1 gallon tank. Up here at 6000 plus feet my mileage really varies. I figure with jetting for the lower elevation that is going to change as well. What are you guys with similar bikes planing on for the rides?

Thanks...
  12. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Ladies and gents,

I updated the list. I moved everyone who didn't pay from IN LIST to WAIT LIST. Now we have 6 spots open in the IN list. If you are still interested in this Rally please send your payment to JOEL (PaPal instructions are on page 1 post #2).
  13. baybueller

baybueller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the map spot 65 is not xed and there is a note saying 65 need 1s ???????????? My request for that spot was acknowleged awhile back.
    Thanks,
    robert #167
  14. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just means it needs another person in that spot too, before it's considered full. The #65 is there by your name
  15. nsfw

Oddometer:
    hi ersin.

pls. add the ff to the IN list

jahnis (jahnis) - tr2 - d2 - drz400
    jeff (jafix)
    maria - tr3 - d3 - gs650
    rich (seawolfe) - cp3 - d3 - ktm690r
    tae (stg) nce - mc3- d3 -wr250

thanks.

FOLKS, IT YOU'RE ON THE WAITING LIST AND NO LONGER PLANNING TO ATTEND, PLS. LET US KNOW. LIKEWISE, BY END OF THIS WEEK, WE WILL REMOVE THE WAITING LIST.

MEANTIME, IF YOU'RE READY TO PAY, NO NEED TO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE WAITING LIST, I HAVE 10 SPOTS LEFT AT THE GROUP CAMPING AREA AVAILABLE FOR YOU.
  16. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Robert,

#65 is yours but like Cathy said, I'll have to assign an other camper to that spot. There are plenty of room for 2-3 tents on each camp spot. If you want someone from the list let me know, if not it will be random.
  17. nsfw

Oddometer:
    hi skid, i see on the list a lot of PPs are bringing their small bikes. there are a lot of dirt roads/trails near the campground that are fun and some challenging.

we will need at least 2 volunteers who know the area very well to lead the small bikes. i could ask some people i know.

death valley is huge. to get to the other side, i will not ride my exc or any plated racing bike. if i do, i may need a new top end or a valve adjustment after i return to camp. of course, others have done it and don't mind doing it again. fuel range is another issue, especially those doing the big loop. my favorite route is furnace creek - west side - butte valley - the cabins - mengel - goler - ballarat. that's about 140 miles between gas stations, intermediate skills (may vary, depending on latest condition) and a full day of riding.
  18. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    150 mile range will get it done...

4 Liter dromedary bag strapped to the back is my method when I need more range
  19. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hypnosavant and myself are #64&65 on the In list. We're listed as CP3 and TR3 when we should both be TC.
  20. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    I hope you make it brother.