Foot dislocation (Lisfranc Displacement)

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by blaster11, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Perhaps the greatest achievement of modern medicine is distracting the patient long enough to let the body heal itself. Alas, Blaster feels a bit better each day and now he's upping the ante. Much like the polar bears at the zoo get enrichment activities such as a ball or game, Blaster has also been getting the attention of a rock star.

Much thanks to EOD3MC and GSA_Pilot whom have loaned their DVD collections out.
  2. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    sweet. those levers look pretty exposed though, can you get barkbusters for them?
  3. bigkuri

bigkuri Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since my riding is slowly returning to dirt, and on the big 990, I've been feeling more and more exposed with regard to my feet/ankles. Blaster, I think you put it an excellent way in saying that "my gear has not caught up with my change in riding environment" a few pages back.

I'm currently considering using the Sidi Crossfire SRS as my one and only boot for all dirt and long road tours. Very short trips or around town will use "normal" boots.

So will look at your upcoming choices with great interest! Plus interested if anyone here does in fact use the crossfire SRS as their "day to day" boot...?

And Blaster, heal well! I just went through the first part of a shoulder rebuild, and the physio treatment is intensive, boring, and hard work; but just keep it up!
  4. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. 97audia4

97audia4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    getting the screws removed will set you back another week id say, I had screws like that in my hand and when removed it felt like a huge pressure bubble had been release there was a ton of pain that goes with it.
  6. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    I didn't figure it was going to be much fun...and the following week will be Christmas....friggin awesome!
  7. blaster11

Oddometer:
  8. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. 74C5

74C5 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right before you start working on the calf, it's going to look like an overweight elementary school teachers tricep while she's writing on the chalk board (or white board for the youthful). Just be prepared for it.

Oh, and work the limp out of your step as soon as you can. You may have to learn that again. The sooner the better for your knee, hip and back.
  10. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
  11. blaster11

Oddometer:
    I like it, that could work since my wife has a TTR125! :lol3
  12. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    So it seems that Lisfranc injuries are rising. The injury also occurs frequently when you have your foot on the brake pedal of a car and then get into an accident. Before air bags were standard equipment, the patient would succomb to other injuries, and thus the broken foot wasn't an "issue".
  13. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Last time we were at Doc, he recommended the following for nerve pain:

1. Vitamin B6 (Thiamine) 300mg/2X per day for 6 weeks, then maintenance dose of 150mg/2X per day
    2. Vitamin B1 200mg/day for 12 weeks, then maintenace dose of 100mg/day.
    It's been about 2 weeks, but is appears th shooting pains are a bit reduced.
  14. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Well the accident happened on the 23rd of September and this is what it looks like 5 weeks later. Pretty good considering how screwed up it was. I have been off the pain meds completely for about a week and a half and I am pretty happy about that...I hate being on meds of any kind! I have one more week until I can start putting some weight on it. :clap Screws will be coming out the week before Christmas which will most likely set me back a bit but still heading towards the light. :D It's still going to be a while until I can ride again but the preparations have begun. Every since I put the new shocks on the ADV it has been a bit tall especially along with the aftermarket seat...tip toes both sides. That hasn't really bothered me much but with the foot injury I think it's time to bring it down a bit. I plan on sending my shock back for a rebuild and have them shim it so as to bring the seat height down by 3/4" of an inch and also have a seat built on a low seat base which I hope will give me 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch additional. That should take some of the pressure off my foot and make it a bit easier to handle with my weakened leg. All I can say is when I get a green light to ride I may just have to head to Key West for a little head clearing.
    [​IMG]
  15. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    it's making me shiver... glad you'll be able to celebrate X-mas on both of your feet.
  16. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Well, on Tuesday I get to start putting a little bit of weight on my foot (about 40lbs),:clap I am excited but a bit apprehensive as well. I just don't want to rush it and screw something up, I will let you know how it goes.
  17. Eyes Shut

Eyes Shut See no evil Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yay! :clap
    My injury was different from yours (ankle fracture plus compound fracture of tibia/fibula), and it took me just less than 5 weeks from PWB to walking on my own two feet without cane or crutch. I expect you will be on your feet in a shorter time. But don't overdo it. Just follow what your OS and physical therapist tell you what to do.

The funny thing that I noticed (after being non-weight bearing on my leg for 12+ weeks) was that I worried I would "forget" how to walk -- but it all came along okay after all.
  18. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Well the 40lbs of weight on the foot looks to be tolerable, :clap we will see how the day goes though.
  19. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    great to hear:clap
  20. EOD3MC

EOD3MC What will break next

Oddometer:
    slow and easy.....glad to here you'll still moving forward