South Jersey, USA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DirtRipper44, Apr 10, 2012.

1. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. Im kind of new to the scene of Adv Rides. On my second bike. I had a 1982 Yamaha XT 250 and now i have a 2012 XT 250. I started the whole dual sport thing in my tiny city of 70K in Vineland,NJ im looking to find a few more people who live in NJ, DE, NY, PA, or even Maryland to go on adventure rides. we have so much to explore. Thanks in advance guys. Have a great one ride safe !!:rofl
  2. PowerStrokin85

PowerStrokin85 Off Road Trip!

Oddometer:
    I am currently bikeless but I will have one soon! This month.

I live in Colts Neck NJ, 07722. I want to go on adventure rides. How far are you from here.

I have two friends up here with bikes that go riding almost every weekend with others.
  3. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    About two hours from you..but thats fine i can enjoy the ride up and enjoy it back lol
  4. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    I just pulled the trigger, put a deposit on the bike. Yeaaa!

I should have it by next weekend, 4/21.

You can come up to Belmar, the Jersey Shore! Lots of sights to see when crusing around haha
  5. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    AWESOME !!! What did you decide to get? and where did you get it from?...Cruise for next weekend?
  6. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    I got all my gear out and cleaned it up last night haha, havent touched that stuff in a year and a half, I'm so stoked.

I got the 2012 KTM 350 EXC-F. It was hard to decide between the 350 and 500 but I think I made the right choice.

Yea man!! Lets ride next weekend! My sister lives in Brick so I we can meet half way.
  7. rode.adv

rode.adv Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    Yessssss perfect perfect perfect so next weekend let's roll..gotta be early though.. I work nights or we could do Monday I'm off then. Whatever works for you bro. I work in Trenton anyway on 130. So let's set it up. Talk to your boys
  9. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Hell yea that looks great I am in, but when and where are they meeting? It looks like there was an event this past weekend but is there one every weekend?

I put 50 miles on my bike on Sunday, it was great! Some street riding and jumping off road into trails in my town where ever I could find. That was great!
  10. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:

Thats great bro. Im down to head up there whenever. I dont know about the pine barren team never really got to look
  11. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Hey check this out man http://www.occr.net/schedule.php

There is an event down south this Sunday the 22nd. Greenbrier Enduro. Want to do that? Are you an AMA member?
  12. wbdave

wbdave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im not too far from powerstrokin, Belmar is right around the corner from me. have a ktm 530, little big but whatever! lol
  13. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    THats cool too though not too big so u can still do all the fun stuff with us...

@Powerstrokin na im not i think i need to get that membership
  14. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    I just signed up for the AMA membership, it was $45 for the year. Ever event that I have been looking at says AMA membership required so I think its a good idea.

Nice! Belmar is 15 min from me, I am down that way every weekend in the summer, this year on my bike! :freaky
  15. I-Jo

I-Jo InappropriateJo

Oddometer:
    Hey, fresh meat on ADVR

I live about 20-30 minutes north of you... just started poking around here on ADVrider to see some gear set ups- I'm done with my current system and I'm ready to upgrade!

will try to keep up on what's going on here so find new folks to ride with even though there is absolutely NOTHING worth riding in these parts LOL- maybe we can make the long trek up there together.

I did a 200 mile trip up North Jersey NEPA about two weeks ago- it was okay- just so hard to get out of all the flat and boring of south jersey LOL.
  16. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Nice there are four of us on here now, what do you all say we set up a ride. Maybe May 5th? Cinco de Mayo!

Here is my location. (IDK how this google map will work but I'll try it) If it doesnt work try this link: http://g.co/maps/bnjgm

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp...515625&amp;z=8&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp...,-74.772949&amp;spn=2.023599,3.515625&amp;z=8" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small><SMALL></SMALL>
  17. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    finally someone else who feels my pain of the south jersey flat lands there are only like 4 or 5 spots i ride at. i'll have to take that trip up to colts neck... Lets meet up together in like deptford or something then we head up to meet up with powerstrokin.. that'd be sweet lets set it up

s
  18. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    OK so I just checked with my wife and she has a big horse show May 5th, sorry guys. Can we do it Sunday May 6th instead?

I have a pretty good place we can meet up here to do some trail riding, we call it Crystal Lake. I'll get an address.
  19. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Here is what I can get. We can meet here if thats good with you guys, its a bit south of me. We can head over to Belmar and hit the Wall Stadium pit and some others along the way.

[​IMG]
  20. I-Jo

I-Jo InappropriateJo

Oddometer:
    I am trying to corner work the ccs race the first weekend in may. So I am not thinking I would make that anyway. Possibly the weekend after? Maybe Sunday would work.... Need to double check.

Oh. Side note. I am not a die hard advrider lol I am pretty much a poweder puff street go-er on my SV. I tend to be the track type rather than the dirt type... But I am game.for rambling go nowhere up north/east rides. :1drink

I am game for meeting up for drinks at a local watering hole too on slow nights.