2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. amazing ricardo

amazing ricardo Piste Off

Oddometer:
  2. meatsack

meatsack Moto-idiot

Oddometer:
    I had no idea they released the track maps ahead of time like this. I guess I always thought the riders/ teams just showed up and took a look at what they were dealing with each week then adapted from there.
    ...Learn sump'n new every day. :deal
  3. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too Late. Soichiro Honda patented it in Oct. 58. :D
  4. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    They always pre-release the track layouts, but if you look closely at the track map and then go to your local SX race, there are always subtle changes from the original track map. And then often there are track changes made during the day after timed practices as well.
  5. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I believe Dungey is a very methodical,thinking rider and I'll never count him out.He's been there every season and if not for some bike issues would have won at least one more championship.Hopefully the KTM is fully dialed this year,with Barcia in the mix it will surely be interesting.
  6. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spot on, except I think it would have been two more championships and that RV guy would have two less.
  7. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    He better have learned some pushing and shoving from the young kids on his team in the off season.

We will see the most stacked field in years, and a couple of those younger guys won't hesitate to nudge him out of the way if they're scrapping up front.

He can outlast them if he stays healthy, but I don't see him swapping paint with Barcia or Wilson.
  8. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dungey already pushed Barcia off the track once, no problem.
    Pushed RV out of the way once also.
    Plus I think he picked up some speed racing Stewart in those first few outdoors last season. They were neck and neck with Dungey gaining before Stewart finally crashed out for good.

It's going to be a fun SX season for sure. :clap

Just a little over a week now til A1!

9. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Willy's racing 250's.Dungey can wait till Barcia takes Villopoto out and then cruise since Stewart will have biffed already.:lol3
  10. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:

This! :freaky

11. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    if you are referring to Unadilla I think there is a big difference in holding your line while someone miscalculates and pushing people around. And I'm not a "fan" of Barcia and he grew up 20 minutes from where I'm typing.

I like Dungey a lot but this sport is super aggressive at the local level I can't imagine how intense it is with pro's. I take that back I've stood at the first turn in recent years at Southwick and Unadilla - they do tend to collectively negotiate the first turns at pro nationals with enthusiasm and quiet passion. :huh

I like Dungey and he will win more outdoor titles but any SX titles he won or will win are due to significant attrition.
  12. Shawnee Bill

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I know. Also there's quite a difference in pushing and shoving in most outdoor races and SX. Gonna be interesting if Barcia and Stewart get close together :lol3 But saying that, I really don't like seeing anyone crashing out, even riders I don't really care for.

Hopefully there will be more than 5 contenders in this SX season, looks like there will be to start with at least.
    I should be ready for A1, got a new DVR coming next week.
    Maybe Speed will be ready, we need to brace ourselves for the return of Ralph Sheheen :becca

13. bikerfish

bikerfish flyfishandride

Oddometer:
    I think Stewert will win a couple races, then land on his head a few times :lol3
  14. BIG ED XT FAN

BIG ED XT FAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    IS Stewert in it? Last i hear hes done???:deal:clap:rofl:norton:eek1:eek1
  15. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Will be my first season actually following SX. Looks like it's shaping up to be a good one. Getting my first dirt bike and watching Inside the Moto helped with the increased interest in SX as well. Currently have to say I'm rooting for Dungey.
  16. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just because you have an orange bike and Honda doesn't have a top rider:D.

I'm just a few miles from RV's bouse. Maybe I should go knock on his door and wish him luck:wink:
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to stay away from those thoughts. I got caught up in the Chad Reed/James Stewart drama and became a Reed hater but in hindsight it was their battle not mine. I started to realize like him or not Reed is one hell of a rider and after the crash at Millville when he got back on the bike I would shine that mans shoes.

I know it's been discussed before but when you/we see our local pro's at the Nationals getting lapped if they can even qualify you realize how good the top 20 are. Then you realize how good the top 10 are then you realize how good the top 5 who can realistically win week in week out are.

Just incredible talent to be able to ride those tracks at those speeds. I've heard when Barcia was riding locally which he did right up until he was about 11 or 12 and moved south even on the 65 cc's he was beating most people. I started my post mid life crisis and became a full time MX spectator in 2008 which was his first year not being local. I wish I'd have seen him, and while I don't "like" the whole home schooled parents seeing dollar signs approach who's to say what's right and whats wrong? He's one of the top riders on the planet. His whips at the sky shot at Unadilla are :huh and worth the price of admission by themselves. I could watch these guys ride all day long and if I ever retire I'm moving south close to one of these training facilities and getting the biggest lens nikon makes. Incredible stuff what these guys are doing at this stage of the game and the technology that the bikes have evolved to thats let them ride that fast over those tracks. What was the question? :gerg
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    today I booked airfare to Dallas for my fist SX. Gordy and I will be lounging in Jerry Jones's luxury box. If we can figure out how to get in without being caught.
  19. DestinationUnknown

DestinationUnknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't wait for the SX season to start. Keeps me sane during these months when no outdoors or road racing is happening, A possible prediction for champ is a toss up with the amount of talent a lot of these guys bring to each event.
  20. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap:lol3