Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #121
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
Remember the good old days when the Adventure Rider masters had us B.C. folks lumped in with the nice folks from Alaska and the PNW? It's been so long now that I've forgotten what they called the forum. I actually raised a thread asking to have things put back to what they were, but alas they left us stuck with those folks from back east that share the same country but have this incessant need to start the annual pissing match with us mild mannered West Coasters. I often wonder if this little bit of sniping goes on south of the border - anyone noticed anything of this nature down in those forums?

The old forum never had the members from Alaska harping at us people that happened to reside in the moderate climate south of them and nationality didn't matter that much either. I always find myself thinking when I read some of the inane shit posted that has no bearing to us out here - why did they decide to to combine our forums just because they assume we have a common national identity....

Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 AM   #122
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,904
At one time, they had all of Canada lumped in as one with Alaska. That was kinda screwed up...also if I'm going for an extended ride do you really think I'm gonna go North?!?!?!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #123
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
At one time, they had all of Canada lumped in as one with Alaska. That was kinda screwed up...also if I'm going for an extended ride do you really think I'm gonna go North?!?!?!
Can't disagree with you. I wonder if it has anything to do with the "extreme" lack of geographic knowledge of most residents south of the 49th, regarding the rest of the world?
5 yrs ago I was doing glass work at a southwest BC border crossing building. It was late July, mid 80's F, when in pulls a pickup/trailer with California plates, and two snowmobiles on board. Much laughing and knee slapping ensued when they asked where the snow was. I'm sure they were impressed at our recent adoption of electricity and running water, even after they were told they had another 5000kms drive north before they could use their machines.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #124
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 7,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
Can't disagree with you. I wonder if it has anything to do with the "extreme" lack of geographic knowledge of most residents south of the 49th, regarding the rest of the world?
5 yrs ago I was doing glass work at a southwest BC border crossing building. It was late July, mid 80's F, when in pulls a pickup/trailer with California plates, and two snowmobiles on board. Much laughing and knee slapping ensued when they asked where the snow was. I'm sure they were impressed at our recent adoption of electricity and running water, even after they were told they had another 5000kms drive north before they could use their machines.
Here I thought I was the only one with the snowmobile story! I remember exactly the same thing a few years ago.

Anyone who is cutting down any part of Canada, get over it! I can speak as someone who has lived all over. I live where I am because of the unlimited lakes and 50,000+ km of dirt roads. Other people like mountains. Some like prairies, or Oceans.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #125
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post

Anyone who is cutting down any part of Canada, get over it! I can speak as someone who has lived all over. I live where I am because of the unlimited lakes and 50,000+ km of dirt roads. Other people like mountains. Some like prairies, or Oceans.