Dont ya hate it when !!

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by lockyv7, May 29, 2012.

1. lockyv7

lockyv7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sunshine Coast Australia. There is no winter here.
    Dont you hate it when your doing an oil change and find that the PO had a stripped thread in the oil filter cover and stuffed it with cotton to take up enough so that it wouldnt leak, it worked for the 1200K ride home. Any way i fixed that with a m6 bottom tap and thinking im doing ok here, so its drop the oil and time to fit the new filter only to find the new filter that came in the Moto-Bins service kit is the long filter for the 100GS with an oil filter fitted. F#*k F#*K F#*K now i have to drive 30K to the nearest place i can get another filter and pay twice what this one cost me.

Oh well better build that new luggage for it instead and go get that filter tomorrow.

Now must keep calm, breath in, breath out.

Thats better. :dog
  2. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ha. You think you've got issues.

I wondered why my gearbox had an unusual drain plug. The PO had stripped the hole, helicoiled it poorly, & used the wrong sized plug thread / to cover that. So the helicoil has now stripped out & I'm up for a Bigsert.

I need to do a gearbox rebuild now because I'm pretty sure that swarf will end up in there from that. :becca