Dynojet PC-5, with Autotune, and full exh. system Tune...

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by ebrabaek, Feb 8, 2013.

1. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for adding these data points and continuing your efforts. I trust your calculation of gas mileage and do not question it. I also do not doubt your reading of the bike's trip computer.

I also believe that the BMSK and other computation resources on your bike are doing a good job of keeping track of miles traveled.

The thing that I see no way to explain is how the BMSK knows about the fuel you have added. I don't mean to be flip, but the first explanation that comes to mind is that your PCV isn't adding much fuel. Let's see if we can together figure out what is happening. Is there anything in any PCV documentation to suggest that the PCV has a way to inform the BMSK about the added fuel? (DJ didn't mention this when I contacted them.)

RB
  2. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    This from the bmwmoa site:

3. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    They did not, but I took your word, and after talking for 30 minutes with their rep, did not ask. Your explanation you got from them does makes sense to me as well. It could be that only little is added, and with the less throttle needed to move same weight, somehow confuses the BMS-K fuel calculations......not sure, but looking at the maps DJ publishes for their headers and open pipe, there are several upper 20%'ers......outside the AT ops. So I am not sure really what is going on here, but as you, I am certain that this can be sorted. And, If I dont like what I see after several tank fulls, I know how to make it run great, with the SAS.....Ha ha..... It is sort of funny.... in it's own little way. :lol3:lol3:rofl:cry:cry
  4. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I am not alone. I will say this. Dynojet, could do a little better write up on this, to save us end users all the trouble of discovery, but again I feel comfortable, that this will get sorted, and perhaps this thread will yield even better results, that the great improvement I see right now, and others will learn from my/our discovery's......:D:D:clap
  5. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    I think I need to read more of this, it sounds interesting. To answer your comment about dynojet, considering the number of models of bikes out there, you have probably done more testing than they have on a BMWF800GS.

David
  6. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL.... Perhaps you are right David..... The intriguing issue, is that the bike rips right no, and have been since the install. To you guys just joining us, the install was fantastic, but as was pointed out by Roger, the SAS ( PAIR system globally) should be disconnected, and thats where the fun began. Knowing that DJ recommends this them self, I have two diferent paths to choose from, but it is hard to deviate, as the bikes rip's. Stay tuned.... :D
  7. jscottyk

jscottyk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm not certain that PAIR is the globally accepted term but for future search purposes (not nit picking purposes :D) here are a couple acronym definitions...

SAS - Secondary Air System, aka Secondary Air Injection
    PAIR - Pulsed Air Injection Reburn
  8. Gaspare

Gaspare Almost dirt rider

Oddometer:
    To whom having a good relationship with their pony and want to ask directly to... SLS = System Luft Sekundare :dllama
  9. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you're continuing to think this through. I'll be interested to here what your tuner says about SAS. RB
  10. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Every one wants a pony......:lol3:lol3
  11. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha, you know one of the things that came to my mind instantly, is my tuners comment. After the gains we acknowledged on the dyno in each stage..... First, stock.....open pipe.... headers....then PC-5/AT..... we were expecting more, I think. We only gained a total of 6 RWHP........which perhaps is not bad, but I think he and I was expecting more of that as the result of the PC-5/AT system. Now I am wondering if the SAS could be to blame. I know that Gaspare stated that his SAS was not active at WOT, but rather than think at it as a SAS on in certain rpm range, and thus when it is off, the PC-5/AT is working fine...... I am starting to think that it is not that simple, and DJ seems to back that up, after out conversation yesterday. When the Lambda sensor confuses the AT it simply is not running right. So in essence, I wonder if there would/will be more power to have...... Hmmmmmm..... It's not about the power..... It's not about the power.... It's not...Never mind.:D:D:lol3
  12. Gaspare

Gaspare Almost dirt rider

Oddometer:
    Erling, the problem is in the first three gears SAS is ON all the rpm range up to redline (OFF only during the throttle closing down to 3000 rpm) - and in 4th+5yh+6th is always ON below (average) 2700 rpm.
    How about O2 readings from 3000 to overrev?!

I'm really not informed about a possible gear-related AT activation... if not (think so: maps could be gear-related, not AT activation), in the shoes of your AT module, I could experiment a big headache...
  13. terryckdbf

terryckdbf Bumbling BackRoad Riders™

Oddometer:
    Gaspare, how does one reflash the BMSK?

Terry
  14. ebrabaek

ebrabaek Long timer

Oddometer:
    The pc-5 does have gear input, but it 8GS app does not use it..... Perhaps the dyno runs were good then...... as we did 5'th gear from about 3000 rpm to the limiter....
  15. jscottyk

Oddometer:
    Here's one way!

Yes, I realize it's for the S1000R but all this discussion of PC-V, Autotune and Wideband O2 sensors got me questioning, "How are the S1000RR tuners working with the ECU. There's no way they are building full-blown race bikes for AMA and WSB without full access to all of the ECUs function. Are they using aftermarket race only ECU or working with the BMS-K (yes, the F800GS and the S1000RR share the same base ECU) and I did some digging.

Has anybody worked with one of these?
  16. roger 04 rt

roger 04 rt Long timer

Oddometer:
    If we're dreaming, the best product would be remap, maintain closed loop and SAS, with LC-1 to hold richer cruise afr.
  17. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.

You have to remove and open up the ECU, and then you need a special 10 pin probe and mounting stand to connect with the BDM interface on the PCB, and the right software to modify the data in the flash memory.

Most chip tuners should have the right equipment as the same Motorola processor is used on a lot of cars, not sure about the BMW motorcycle specific software requirements, though...
  18. terryckdbf

Oddometer:
    jsottyk, lukasm

Thanks.

Terry
  19. terryckdbf

Oddometer:
    WOW! Datalogger $977, Calibration kit $157, Enable Code $1940, Total without labor $3,074

My LC-1 is looking better and better.

Terry
  20. jscottyk

Oddometer:
    I know, right!?