Riding Across Europe - Girl, Suzuki VanVan and 12 000km

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LadyCruiser, Aug 27, 2011.

1. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    I am sorely tempted..
  2. LadyCruiser

LadyCruiser Everything Starts With a Dream

Oddometer:

We had plans today to get to Budapest, but as it turns out plans are made to change them.. We started morning relatively late for that even we had to do a few things on Polish territory... when we crossed border, we went in to the direction of the village Čičmany, known for its dark wooden houses painted in white ornaments. The route, which passes through the valley of Rajčanki is great. It is a beautiful road ideal for motorcycle rides. Of course, do not run out of adventures, rain soaked us several times, at night we were looking for accommodation, gps suggest some extreme track ..., but more about that another time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    06.09.2011 - Hungary

In this country at every turn someone offered us support. From small gestures, handshake-type... like old lady who didn't speak a word in english, but by the gestures she explained that when she was 19 she rode a motorcycle by herself. After another pleasant event that took place ... help of a stranger man in stretching the chain in Carolina VanVan's. (We rack with the screw over 20 min. Until suddenly grew behind our backs, our hero .... )
    In our hearts for a long time gone stay some lady who held out a helping hand to us, when we lost hopes of finding accommodation. She open her house for us despite that she didn't have to much by herself.

For me this country will be associated with "spectacular" ride of Carolina, which caused me.. almost a heart attack!

p.s.
    I'm still riding... now (22.09.2011) I'm in Nice and tommorow I'm riding toward Barcelona if there are some VanVan's or other ADV riders in Spain or Portugal pls mail to me contact@weronikakwapisz.com ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    07.09.2011 Romania
    They say much about this country, unfortunately, much more harm than good ... why? Hard to say... how far it surprised us very much, beautiful scenery, fabulous roads, the weather at five with a plus (A+) 32 C. And this interesting architecture. We hope that this image won't be disturbed by anything tomorrow. We're going to ride the Transfăgărăşan route, which personally I can't wait to ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:

Today we spent another day in Romania, which has charmed us again. Transfogarska route was the icing on the cake! Frankly every moto-geek should ride it. Fairytale turns and overwhelming views. Non-stop in Romania we pass on the road the Gypsy carriages and frankly we admit that this view fits perfectly into the landscape. Most of their passengers are festively dressed in regional costumes.

p.s.
    We didn't even once met with insolent, aggression or hostility from the natives.

If someone is dreaming to visite this country ... don't hesitate - just jump on the bike or to the car and see by yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. rocket25

rocket25 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We may think little bikes, but these girls may not weight 100 lbs, you put a 6 foot 250 lb guy on it and there would be a difference. When they are by the bikes the bikes look big. I think they will be just fine. Also they do not ride 80 mph all day to get somewhere interesting to ride.:norton
  7. HamboneSlim

HamboneSlim ಠ_ಠ

Oddometer:
    Romania looks beautiful. Now I want to go there.
  8. Pumpy

Pumpy Exiled Pumpernickel

Oddometer:
    Hi Weronika,

I just read your reports on here and on Facebook - absolutely amazing!

You and Caroline have my greatest respect (shame that she had to turn back... :(:); I admire your courage to embark on such a big adventure on such a small bike.

You go, girl - looking forward to reading more about your experiences and seeing your fantastic pictures.

All the best, keep the rubber side down! :ricky

Ela
  9. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    Great pictures! Keep on riding and keep it rubber side down :ricky
  10. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    thanks for your support! I'm sending you a greetings from Valencia. I know I have a little delay with post's but I promise that when I will have some little more time I will inform you about last two weeks ;)
    Tomorrow I'm riding to Cartagena.

Adios,
    W.

p.s.
    some few pic's from yesterday - Barcelona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. rtwadv - kev

rtwadv - kev Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Currently on Walkabout - US>NZ>OZ>heading to AK
    I'm really enjoying reading about your adventures. Thanks and keep it coming!!!
  12. izzyblue

izzyblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers..... The mind can never break off from the journey!

Seien sie gut und genießen Sie gemeinsame zeit!:clap
  13. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    Wooow!! I love your words... I´m still riding and as far... I don´t know ´how´ I will back to the ´real life´ ?? All the best from Marabella tomorrow - Gibraltar and Seville.
  14. mariomcarvalho

mariomcarvalho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    great report. if you come to portugal visit cascais. a beautiful town nearby the sea close to lisbon. you can visit a place called CABO DA ROCA. at sunday's morning there is allways a motorcycle group visiting this place. it's a lighthouse near by the sea...very beautiful place...
    this is how it look's every sunday morning's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheer's from cascais

Mario
  15. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    09.09.2011 Bulgaria

On our Suzuki VanVan's we arrived today to Bulgaria. Initially we ride with the skeptical attitude to this country. In our plan it was the only pi-stop on the route Romania - Macedonia, but we must admit that was our fault, because this is beautiful country. Today, thanks to our GPS "stray" and we land into the canyon which was magnificent...it was a pity to turn back to find a right path. Local road sometimes surprise with number of pits, sand and gravel, but the landscape completely compensate surfaces. Drivers are only less predictable than in Romania...

And how are VanVan's? Well, dear skeptics who talk that this is not the bike for this type of expedition .. announce that oh YES! ... fuel consumption - a full loaded bike in the mountains 2.2 l/100km! A highway road's 2.5 l/100km and what you say? And to be honest the perspective of the world from such of a motorcycle looks divine, because, why the rush, if you can safely go ahead, enjoy the surroundings and enjoy every day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:

Into Macedonia we pulled with small adventures .. Karolina's lack of a "green card" could prevent us to enter to this country, but a brief exchange of views supported by our smiles had wrought a miracle. Now we look forward to have two more... in Albania and Montenegro - keep your fingers crossed!

BTW Macedonia is beautiful, has very good roads and a full "corners" nice people live here. Yesterday evening we had a small walk through Ohrid and finally we felt like in the Balkans. Live folk music, full of people on the boardwalk, cafes, restaurants occupied by guests. Ohrid is a charming city.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mario I will do it tomorrow :) Next stop PORTO :)
  18. _cy_

_cy_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like a wonderful trip! thanks for sharing
  19. izzyblue

izzyblue Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lovely trip... I love the flower boxes and the charming small cobblestone streets! I don't think I could go back to reality after that either....:D

Yes great words...My mom use to tell us that as kids and couldn't be more true!

Cheers to you! Be safe and enjoy!

Prost! :1drink

~ Nancy
  20. LadyCruiser

Oddometer:
    11.09.2011 Albania
    The border of this country we were crossing with increased adrenaline .. we sent one thousand smiles toward the publican, hitting him with a hundreds of questions, just to distract his attention from our documents .. effect - zero questions about the "green card".
    Albania greeted us with a view of hundreds of bunkers and the damn heat ... 40C - this is not the best temperature for the ride!

The country is hard for us to judge, because on the one hand we ride the route Elbasan - Tirane, which beats a head tour in Romania, but on the other .. people, the atmosphere .. we felt not well in this country... from everywhere we felt some threats... Once we pass the Montenegro border with breathe with relief.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]