Charlotte: Ride Planning, 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet and General Hooliganism

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JoeyBones, Nov 5, 2009.

1. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Wish that I'd have recognized y'all at the time....could have tried to chase ya down. Initially thought the TA could have been Clockwatcher as he's local to that area.
  2. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    love the audio and the video. that tripple sounds really good when you start streaching it out.
  3. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    Here is a short video (approx. 5 mins) with some footage from Sunday's ride. Be sure to watch the ending which features some footage of each rider/motorcycle. (The audio is not as clear as it is in James' video, but I'm expecting a new external microphone to arrive in the mail today.)

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3COYH6No2mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Numa
  4. maffud

maffud Now with 30% less maffud.

Oddometer:
    Ok, Looks like I have the green light to ride this Saturday, but Notarally is just too far away.
    Anyone want to show me around? I could do all pavement, or an on/off-road excursion, if it heavily favors off-road. I can easily transport my WR in the back of my truck to get to a starting point for an off-road ride, so it doesn't have to be all off-road right from Charlotte.
    If not, I may try to go to TNT or Car. Adventure World. Anyone have experience with these parks? Are there other places that are better or closer for trail riding?

Thanks!
    Dan

PS:
    [​IMG]
    My kid was 6 here, but it was just for a ride around the block.
  5. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    I believe I could make another ride this weekend, but someone would have to show me around too... :lol3

No trails for me on my 500 lb dirt bike... yet. :evil Mix of dirt road and street would work, or an all street ride too.

BTW, I know last weekend everyone was talking about the crowds when the leaves start to turn, but if any locals know of less used roads we could ride when everything starts to turn that would be a ride I would be up for too. Maybe a little less spirited, or we can always install some sheet metal screws in our tires for those corners. :huh
  6. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I had to so I keep you in sight... that 21" front is like trying to lean a flagpole back and forth. :lol3 I'll smooth out in time, need to get more mountain miles under my belt.
  7. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Some more video of the ride, this time from the butt cam... first is mostly a BMW, second is me holding up a XR. :hmmmmm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/core/embedvideo.aspx?p=79eee29b.10" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/core/embedvideo.aspx?p=7fdf6743.10" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  8. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    Cool, we're like a traveling movie crew. :rofl

I just used the GoPro back that had the slot in the back instead of the waterproof one since rain wasn't an issue that day.
  9. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    I believe that is Jame's video (?) coming out of lunch/gas Shell. My fork mount lights are blinking like a ..........

Never seen that before, anyone notice me to be doing that constantly?
  10. Flasher

Flasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At least I didn't make the blooper reel this time! LOL. Looked like you were holding your own pretty good.
  11. XCRider803

Oddometer:
    I noticed that too. Probably something to do with the frequency of the camera frame rate and the electrical frequency causing the lights to flicker. Kind of like the first video where it looks like my front wheel is going backwards. You guys make me feel like that sometimes, but I assure you I was not going backwards. :rofl
  12. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider

Oddometer:
    If you blink your eyes at just the right frequency while watching the video, the lights on your motorcycle no longer blink. Although, it does get a bit tiring about five or six minutes into the video.

Numa
  13. Flasher

Flasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds right. Sometimes when you take a pic of an older style TV, you will get lines.
  14. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. The controller I wired to these lights blinks them twice when first powered up, indicating they are ready for the set up process. Just wanted to be sure they weren't constantly blinking.

15. NitroRoo

NitroRoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool! How old is your son now? Mine is 9 and loves to ride with me (or his own bike when we can).

I've ridden at both CAW and TNT. TNT trails are fun but a bit short, CAW is overrun by quads that tear up the place - it's usually pretty muddy. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty fun, but I think there are better trails. I think Brushy Mountain has much better trails for a bike. I'm wanting to take my son riding out there sometime soon.

I doubt I'll be able to get out this weekend, but I'm sure I'll see you around!
  16. maffud

maffud Now with 30% less maffud.

Oddometer:
    My son is 10 now. He doesn't have his own bike anymore, as hockey takes up most of his weekends now. But he is interested in riding again, so I may shop for a bike for him next Spring.

Thanks for the info on the parks. I had looked into Brushy Mtn, but it's almost another hour of driving compared to CAW and TNT (for me, anyway), so I was leaning toward the closer parks.
  17. allonsye

allonsye ("lets go!")

Oddometer:
    Any get-to-gethers/rides going on this w/e:wave I'm open to just about anything/anywhere.
  18. StarWolve

StarWolve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking to ride Sunday, if anyone else is up for it.
  19. Flasher

Flasher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    None planed that I know of. Keep an eye out. One may pop up. Good luck.
  20. Paratrout

Paratrout Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The guys at CAC in Matthews slapped this new set of Heidenau K60's on my KLR for me this weekend. I was very impressed with their attitude and service. If you need work done on your ride I would highly recommend them.

[​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>