RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. bloodline

bloodline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ali and revzilla have helped us find a solution that looks promising. It will be 2 weeks before we will know for sure. Thanks to Ali for helping.
  2. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hey Bloodline,
    Please let me know how the replacement armor works. I hope it turns out to be a viable solution.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  3. Phreaky Phil

Phreaky Phil Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for some rider feedback on the AlpineStar Durban Pants. I have been and checked them out in the flesh and they look great. In a different league to my Revit Dakar pants, which have started separating in the Knee seam after just under 2 years moderate use.
    The main concern I have with the AlpineStars is the vent in the knee. Ok in hot weather but how about when the temps drop. Does fitting the liner negate the effect of air flowing up the leg all the time. With a zipper setup, airflow can be regulated.
    Looking forward to hearing from someone who has used them
    Cheers Phil
  4. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    I wanted to send a shout out to Bobby at the Philly store. Thanks man for letting me in early. I enjoyed the coffee and bench racing. The Alaska gloves are perfect! Thanks.

[​IMG]
  5. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Hi,

how does the fit & cut of the , Everest , Legacy and Horizon Jackets and pants compare ??.

thanks

Greg
  6. Old_Crow

Old_Crow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm THRILLED with my experiences so far with revzilla! They don't mess around getting products out the door, the website is amazing, and the exchange process is like butter. I just hope they continue expanding and carrying more inventory! This is currently my second favorite web retailer of any kind behind amazon(prime).

The videos can be a great help and they really sold my last helmet purchase. Looking forward to checking out the S. Philly showroom.
  7. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Old_Crow,
    Thank you for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you in person.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  8. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Greg,

The pants of all 3 oufits fit similar. They all have non-removable waterproofing and only have a removable thermal liner. The Legacy may seem slightly heavier, as the Gore-Tex membrane is floating between the outer shell and inner lining whereas the Everest and Horizon have bonded waterproof membranes to the outer shell.
    The Everest Jacket is slightly more boxy and shorter in the waist than the Legacy and the Horizon.

Did you have something more specific about their fit we might be able to address?
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  9. dadsafrantic

dadsafrantic Chef?

Oddometer:
    when will revzilla do a san francisco store? you know the bay area has more licensed riders per capita than any other spot in the country. look at the sf craigslist and there are over 1000 bikes for sale every day.

make it soon.
  10. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    Thanks, bit of a story, I wear an Offtrack Jacket (XXL) and BMW rallye 2 pants (56). I just managed to score a Turbine Jacket (56) & Pants(54) (both with liners) here in Oz on runout sale for $AUS400 for both !!!!.

Seeing I got such a bargain for some warmish weather riding gear Im thinking of ditching my offtrack and rallye 2's and getting some riding gear for winter that has a waterproof shell rather than a detachable liner.

The Oz importer has a rather od mix of stuff, horizon jacket but not pants , no Legacy or Everest , http://www.revitaustralia.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=20

Im gathering info on fit etc before I order from OS, I like the look of the Horizon stuff having seen the jacket (XXL fits well) , not sure if its cold enough here in Oz to need the everest , have never seen a legacy , any thoughts on the merits of the 3 ?? .

While I have your ear , I have a pair of the dirt gloves (XL) love em !!!. Im also looking for some winter gloves but hate bulky / thick ones. Any suggestions from the Revit line ?? , I'd happily sacrifice some warmth for less bulk.

thanks for your time

Greg
  11. enkil

enkil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi revzilla,

I am now using the revit sand and quite happy with it. Is it worthwhile to get get the new horizon set.

Cheers
  12. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Revzilla Crew,
    Just tried to do an online purchase of the Icon Hi-Viz vest ($60) & wanted to do a Paypal payment. I thought this was a free shipping item, but there was always a $40,xx shipping charge via USPS to Ontario. Order was cancelled. Must I call in for this? :ear
  13. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey BlackBeast.

The free shipping terms are to the Contiguous 48 US States only and International Customers can visit our International Orders Page for details on shippng outside the US.

Hope this helps and please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Thanks!
  14. bloodline

bloodline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Ali. The softer armor fixed the problem for her. You guys and gals are great.
  15. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Howdy! Have a question for you about boots...

For comfort, protection, and durability would you go for the Fox F3R or the TCX Pro 1.1? :ear

Thxs...
  16. V@lentino

V@lentino V@lentino Supporter

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

I am looking at purchasing a Badland pro jacket size XL and the website shows out of stock, do you know when the jacket will be available again?

Thank you,
  17. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey dadsafrantic,

We do not have any plans in the work for an additional retail location, but we now have a Distribution Center in Las Vegas to better serve the Bay Area and all of the West Coast. If we can offer assistance when you are ready to make your next purchase, please don't hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable staff at cs@revzilla.com or at 877-792-9455.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  18. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Greg,
    I think the Everest jacket might be overkill for the needs you've described, which narrows the choices to the Horizon and the Legacy. The Horizon and Legacy fit similar, but the Legacy does have the floating Gore Tex membrane, which takes up some space in the jacket. The Gore-Tex membrane does a better job at breathing in hot weather, but the Horizon has direct venting. As they don't make a ladies version of the Horizon, I can not personally comment in it's performance, but they've been received quite well so far.
    The Off Track Jacket has a slimmer cut that anything being produced by REV'IT! these days. Unfortunately, it seems they've made some drastic changes to their fitting shape, and we are finding the 2012 collection to fit considerably larger than the Off Track, originally introduced in 2007.
    If you are only planning on using the set up for winter use, I would opt for the Legacy set up over the Horizon, since Gore-Tex is the best of the best offered when it comes to wet weather use. It is slightly longer than your Off Track, but likely not more than 2 inches. If you have tried on the Horizon in 2XL, then I would recommend the same size in the Legacy.
    As for gloves, you might like the Phantom GTX glove from REV'IT! It's also a Gore-Tex glove that uses X-tra fit technology, has a slim fit and is not bulky. There is no insulation in this glove, but if you are looking for feel over warmth, this is the clear winner.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  19. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Enkil,

The Sand offers great flexibility and preforms decent in hot weather. The Horizon has the fixed waterproofing and will be warmer in hot conditions, even with the chest vents open. If you are looking for a jacket for cooler weather or don't want to be bothered with putting waterproof liners in, then the Horizon is a good option.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  20. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Juames,

The Fox F3R and the TCX Pro 1.1 are highly comparable. I would say the Fox boot has a slight comfort advantage, but for protection and durability, they are very similar.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla