Tent Space Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Trip Planning' started by geode, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Ed Muggles

Ed Muggles oh, the other left

Oddometer:
    Thornbury , Melbounre, Victoria, Australia Ed Muggles

Inner north, just south of the gentrification line (ie good coffee food and beer at hipster prices)

Small but usefull workshop in the garage below... and can always russle up a feed and some light entertainment, and if your heading in the right direction might be able to give you a bit of a guided tour.

look forward to meeting a few of you traverlers
    bad luck likes this.
  2. davidtn

davidtn I think therefore I ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    City, State/Province/Region etc., Country...ADVusername

Franklin, TN/USA...davidtn

Side porch camping available. We're 20 minutes south of Nashville and an hour north northwest of Lynchburg, TN - home of good ole Jack Daniels distillery.

3 miles from the start of the Natchez Trace Pkwy.

Contact via email - davidtn@usa.net

Thanks!
  3. Primal Haj

Primal Haj Looking for Mecca

Oddometer:
    Bozeman, Montana, USA...Primal Haj

CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE THROUGH THIS YEARS WILDLAND FIRE SEASON.

Have tent space, futon room for 2-3 inside the house the upstairs of the shop could sleep more, facilities, shop & tools. Located 7 miles outside Bozeman with a view of the Gallatin Valley. Access requires travel on 3 miles of dirt road. PM me, they are forwarded to my email.

Craig & Lori
    Olsen29 and MaNDan like this.
  4. goldenrev

goldenrev New Dream

Oddometer:
    City: Palo Cedro (a few miles from Redding)
    State: CA, USA
    ADVusernam: Goldenrev

My wife & I have 5 Acres so lots of room for you to pitch a tent or we have floor/couch space & a nice hot shower.

Please be aware that we have LOTS of animals: dogs, cats, horses, chickens...

E-Mail: goldenrev@earthlink.net
    Cell: 530-356-7925
    imherefortheride likes this.
  5. Beamerpilot

Beamerpilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North of Red Deer Alberta Canada off Hwy #2
    Located on a half section our Ranch has two houses and one bunkhouse, airstrip with hangar and a dedicated motorcycle shop including all tools, welder, drill press, race stand…Truck and trailer for rescue service and if you still want to pitch a tent lots of grass. If you need to relax for a day or two a secluded lake is within 10 minutes drive.
    Beware…we are barbeque addicts…and call ahead we like to ride…
    ZiggyInNc likes this.
  6. rusty44

rusty44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We have a extra bed,bathroom, shop with a/c,welder,washer/dryer.30 acres,if you prefer camping.
    About 55 miles S.E from Dallas,Tx,22 mi.from I-45 and 24 mi. from I-20.
    About 12 mi.from Kaufman,Tx.
    Best of all my wife also rides(1977 XS650 and Burgman 650) and is very understanding.......Al
  7. bush pilot

bush pilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ranong, Thailand

Palm Plantation.
    Actually about 40 kms south of Ranong. Place to camp, rain water shower, simple roof over your head, off the grid, no electric.
    Near beach and lovely mountains, and stream, beautiful spot.
    Dirt road access, muddy in the rainy season.

Google earth coordinates.
    9°37'35.79"N
    98°33'5.52"E

PM for a phone#
  8. Two Moto Kiwis

Two Moto Kiwis Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Heya guys, we are in a rental until June 2nd 2017 so are unable to host until our new house is built, please contact us as we may be able to set you up here in Wanaka or help where we can, cheers Andi

Heya ADVers, we have finished our tour of the America's from May 2012 to May 2015, we can set you up with a bed or tent space if you prefer here in Wanaka no problem, we are away a lot travelling/riding so please pm us with notice so we can be here to enjoy your company or email us through our web page at www.twomotokiwis.com

Wanaka, Otago, South Island, New Zealand.

Quaint wee drinking town with an adventure problem, 6000 population, our home is 3 minutes from town centre, full engineering facilities available, lock up undercover bike parking, spare beds too, usual town facilities.

If you need parts let us know in advance if you can and we can get them in cos there is no moto shop here, most stuff can come overnight.

This is the location www.wanaka.co.nz
    RMOTO likes this.
  9. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    :D 20 min.s north of Sarnia Ontario and Port Huron Michigan border crossing, just north up the Lakeshore rd. halfway between Sarnia and Grand Bend.

One acre across from the Lake, lots of room for tents, fire pit, garage space, lotsa tools, welder etc., and a possiblity of a spare room if need, not too far from the Beer Store:evil

Cheers, Todd

You can even see whats out my front window.
    http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/toddszr600/1/show.html
  10. GISdood

GISdood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Prince George, BC, Canada

Moved recently, but still in PG, inside city limits, nice quiet neighbourhood where you don't have to worry about any of your gear or bikes 'walking away' in the night.

I have a spare room with a double, plenty of couch space for a couple more bodies, as well as a sizeable yard for tenting if you prefer. Large garage with a bike lift in case you need to do any maintenance, and I've got a reasonable collection of tools for any minor repairs that are needed. Also have a utility trailer with chocks/tiedowns for up to 3 bikes if nearby rescue or retrieval and transportation to a local shop is required.

And of course, there's always an ample supply of cold beverages on hand! :freaky

PM me for more information if needed. Cheers!

PS. A short list of some of my esteemed guests... thomas.clark while piloting Vermin's beloved 'Cack' south from Alaska, job3-14 (Wil & Amanda) on their year-long ride to the 4 corners of Canada and the US, Questor and MotoAdventureGal during their trip to Alaska, D2D and back just in time for our Canada Day party, Incendo and MrsIncendo on their way to Prudhoe Bay & Inuvik, JediMaster as he continued his +5 year RTW adventure, and Moose_DK (of Moose and Mini) on one of their annual trips over to NA from Denmark... to name just a few.

*updated July 2023*
    Don T, TheRoss, Rodak and 4 others like this.
  11. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    *Nelson, New Zealand... bikemoto

Guest bedroom available in a lovely home between Nelson CBD and the airport, with views of Tasman Bay and the Western Ranges. Very small patch of lawn if you really want to use your tent. Wireless internet for your devices. Off-street parking for cars / vans, and large garage/workshop space for bikes. I do most of my own routine servicing and tyre changes; you are welcome to use my stuff to do whatever you gotta do.

Bike trailer currently out of action, but could arrange to borrow one if needed for retrieving broken bikes.

We have hosted quite a few travelers over the years and really enjoy their visits, including those traveling in cars. Happy to host mountain bikers and show them the local trails.
    neppi likes this.
  12. Go-4-It

Go-4-It Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mods, update. Still current Thanks

We're located in Walton, KY 41094. About 5 miles southeast from the KY 338, Richwood exit off I-75. Just 22 miles from CVG (yes it's in KY). 18 miles southwest of Cincinnati, OH.

Large yard to tent or use our hammocks. Other choices are available for sleeping, bathing & pool use. Tools for use. Dealerships closeby, Harley, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda for parts. Local driver with trailer if needed for help. Car & trailer parking as well. Lets keep the karma positive!

Contact via email; caudells at hotmail dot com, put ADV Tenting in subject line please. Or call Stan 859 493-0199 & leave a msg here if no answer and then try cell at 859 240-1094. If you're in the area & want to quickly setup no problem GPS 560 Lassing Way. :wave
    Wayward Gypsy likes this.
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Fort Collins, Colorado:

Sorry I don't have good tent space anymore, but please pm me for camping and riding ideas.

Thanks, Bill Eakins
  14. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a decent sized yard around my single-family home, or I can set you up indoors.

Garage has a reasonable appointment of tools, and the resident bikes may even consent to share their space with your ride if it asks nice. :evil

Being in the middle of Ontario suburbia there's all kinds of shops, restaurants, and other facilities nearby, you can also take your chances with my cooking, or make use of something that looks suspiciously like a BBQ if you need to send smoke signals and call for help. There's also high-speed internet available on-site which can make quick work of uploading your digital cargo.

If you're looking for recommendations of far-off places to experience, I've ridden over 32,000 miles across North America's four corners and am quite willing to swap lie...er... tales.

To make contact, transmit your encrypted datastream here. :evil Assuming you pass the "Identify Friend or Foe" check, I should respond within a day, if not sooner. :thumb
    davesride likes this.
  15. King_Panther13

King_Panther13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Winter Haven, Fl 33881.

Have a couch, a front yard, and a bunch of Italian family members who'll cook you a semi-decent dinner. Nearest big cities are Tampa and Orlando (they're actually both 50 miles away, we're kinda in between).
  16. zigyphoto

zigyphoto PAY ATTENTION Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in a condo on north edge of Boulder: 40.05645530114563, -105.28007807029748

Options:
    1. Queen bed
    2. Lay your sleeping bag on my rubber-paved balcony with view of mountains and gorgeous dawn and sunset light
    Showers etc.
    Can host two if you are a couple or else one of you gets carpeted floor.
    Wi-fi, etc. Even an extra bicycle / helmet for our many linked bike trails.
    Two-car garage, basic tools. Service: House of Motorrad just across town.

4+ restaurants within 5 minute walk, as well as great cafe.

I do have a very friendly cat who does not share her bodily fluids with strangers' gear.

Best to email me: bldrhouse@gmail.com

Zigy
    720/470-3652

2018 R1200GSW
    2005 R1200GS (lives in Hamburg, Germany)
    1989 K1

Touring: the American West; AK (2x); BC, NZ (2x); Tasmania, Iceland (2014); Canadian Maritimes (2015) Mississippi River (2016) Baja California 2017, Norway, Germany, Switzerland 2018
    HU featured speaker on "Packing Lite" and "Making, Not Taking Photographs on the Road."
    Languages: l'italiano, ein bischen Deutsch, un peau Francais, y Espanol.

Attached Files:

bad luck likes this.
  17. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Craftsbury Common, Vermont

10.6 rolling acres of pasture in the heart of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. One paved road in the entire town, but miles of scenic dirt roads in some of the prettiest country anywhere. Lakes and ponds galore. Incredible fall foliage with just a fraction of the tourist pressure experienced by much of the state. Half a mile to the general store and its awesome deli. Everything else is at least ten miles away. Twenty minutes from the Hill Farmstead Brewery, home of some of the best suds anywhere. About an hour from the border with Quebec. Plenty of tent space in our meadow; best to arrive in daylight. Two friendly golden retrievers will kiss you enthusiastically after eating chicken poop. Cell phone reception spotty at best. Inmates welcome for a day or two, possibly longer if you have no undesirable traits. :D This is a classic Northern New England town where folks chat with total strangers and the sidewalks (figuratively, as we don't actually have any) are rolled up at sunset. I can offer beer, great coffee, food, a hot shower, sometimes even a spare room (though you might have to share the bed with a demented cat), good conversation unless I've had a bad day in which case I'm socially inept. Please note we are a non-smoking establishment. Have a pretty good assortment of tools including a tire changer. Generally have a few GS tires with some tread left if you need one in a pinch. Dealers for most brands about 50 miles away in Burlington VT.

NOTE: Our driveway is 300 yards of dirt with some loose gravel patches and a short steep section leading to a blind intersection with the paved town road. Some riders on cruisers and Gold Wings have had trouble getting back to civilization

If all you need is Internet access, the public library just off the village green (common) has free wifi and a covered porch to keep you and your laptop dry.

Did I mention the dogs?
    [​IMG]
    CommonFoliage.jpg
  18. ozmikl

ozmikl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bed, garage, whatever help you need.
    In Sale, East Gippsland 2 hours east of Melbourne and gateway to the Victorian High Country or as we like to call it.... HEAVEN...
    I had a great deal of help from ADVer's in the States when I blew my beemer up in North Dakota so only too glad to help with a bed in or out or some grass for a tent, assistance, full garage of gear a lot of enthusiasm and tons of love and respect for this site.
    Michael
    bad luck likes this.
  19. ibelyna

ibelyna The Dude Abides

Oddometer:
    Garage, MIG welder, plasma cutter, tent space, shower
    3mi from downtown Annapolis & US Naval Academy

ibelyna
    Annapolis, MD, USA
  20. heyoka rider

heyoka rider riding=my addiction

Oddometer:
    I have a few acres.. so tent or I also have a 22 ft tipi. I have a great basement with beds, cable and shower for the really long trip. Always willing to talk travel or ride a bit in my state!

Hit me up!