"The Oasis of my Soul", 9th year on the road...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeemerChef, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :wave

Where am I having my Ara-prepared meal on my trip west? :ddog

I'm leavin' on the 29th, and gonna make New Year's in NorCal. Where are you gonna be? :ear
  2. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a quickie trip!... I will be in Big Bend till January 3rd... Terlingua...
    Are you taking 10 west?... if you want to stop here take 90 off San Antonio and in Alpine drop south 80 miles on 118... I'll be here... dinner?... no problem... coffee?... no problem...
    Let me know. other riders will also be here amazingly!... Are you doing a 50cc... if so you can catch me on the way back... I should be after the 3rd a bit more north in Texas... who knows maybe in New Mexico by then...
    Be well... Ara & Spirit
  3. FlyingElephant

FlyingElephant Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Ara and Spirit,
    I hope you feel better Ara, I am sick just like you, sore throat, stuffed nose... But soon we will be riding together:freaky , my KTM should be at the dealer by the end of February, I can't wait. I still need to check on that camera...be well you 2, Tomas
  4. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good place for a first stop on the way out - night of the 29th. :evil What kinda facility are you in? Is there somewhere I can pitch my tent? :ear
  5. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    I am in a, what they call "resort"...:lol3 :lol3 :lol3
    Big Bend Motor Inn..., intersection of 118, which you would take from Alpine going south, and 170, on the left. Plenty of tent space.
    Check the map, you could also take 10, from San Antonio, longer but faster as you will not have to go through a bunch of little towns where you DO have to watch your speed limit... they like to raise money during the Holidays... I hate to have to come and bail you out... as I hear... Signor Meathead... that you have not slowed down!:wink: ... keeping track of you buddy!...
    Terlingua, Study Butte, is/are the name of the town... they are both the same...
    Be well... Ara & Spirit
  6. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    All I can say is... do not take your good health for granted!... What a difference a day can make!
    It seemed like such a long day yesterday in search for a Doctor in a town where everything seemed to be moving in backwards...
    More pictures and report in the Blog...

[​IMG]

Be well... we are again... Ara & Spirit
  7. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :uhoh

My plans are and will have to remain fluid. You'll understand this as well as anyone. I don't want you to hold any other plans for me, but if you'll be in the area, I'd like to plan to get some shut-eye there on the 29th. :deal

Thanks, Ara. I'll be in touch. :thumb
  8. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Been there... done that... I feel more in the slow lane now!...
    I am here... food, shelter, coffee... will be here if/when you need it... whatare friends for?... tools also!... :wink:

Be well... and please... be safe...

* Much Mule Deer here... many animals crossing the wrong way!:lol3
  9. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    FREE WiFi ...cool... I'll be able to post some pictures on here every night :D

Well, at this rate, the showers will cost me more than the camp site :eek1
  10. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :bow

I'll call from the road, Ara. :thumb
  11. nelgallan

nelgallan oilfield trash

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  12. BeemerChef

Oddometer:

Hummmmmmmmmmm...:eek1

Bringing heater?

Be well....... Ara & Spirit
  13. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    The wind had its fun yesterday, it blew with full force, took my “dining room” down... we rock and rolled most of the time! Just like in a good Western the tumbleweed was trying to make a touch down on the goal line, as the night went on, the other team won however as the wind changed direction by 180 degrees!
    It was an anticipated ride on river road to Presidio and I returned just on time before its full strength, still my arms sore... what a work out it was!
    Today is a down day... a catch up day... again the good stuff... laundry, reorganize this place and brace ourselves for some cold weather... it is all in the Blog...
    Be well...

[​IMG]
    Ara & Spirit
  14. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    What? I just checked the weather yesterday and the night lows were 30-39 degrees.... I don't like that 22 degree (feels like 10) at all. I might have to sleep in the truck that night :lol3
  15. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    You will miss the worse which will be the night of the 23rd... However, talking to the locals... "they are lying!...", the weather report that is...

I have an extra catalityc (spelling?) heater if anyone needs it... bring electric heater... blanket... have extra long cord... They are very laid back here...

I guess I also was "DucChef" at one time!!!...
    [​IMG]

... going...

[​IMG]

and then the chiropractor said... that is enough!... remain a Beemerchef!!!:lol3

Be well...

Ara & Spirit...

PS: nice website...
  16. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    Wow, love the stickers, I have the same exhaust on mine now. That bike is not that comfortable for me either, but it's pretty and sounds really good :lol3

[​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment on the website, I hope to clean it up this winter and make all the pages at least looks the same and have the same navigation :huh:D
  17. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Suddenly in this Desert stricken unfamiliar surroundings, winter beating on us, poor Spirit shivering, Beemerchef on the verge of malnourishment, with just enough motivation and energy to somehow enjoy himself... comes to the realization that a rider from Chicago is arriving here, on this very same soil... in a few days... and it is Christmas... no snow promised... how can it be to go through a blue Christmas? Melancholia sets in, bordering an era of depression... but the thought that all this could be saved by a White Christmas traveling southbound is murmuring hope to the lost heartbeats barely felt... I mean... a... WHITE PIZZA!!!

Hummmmmmmmmmmm.... and the thought will linger, the hope of it will make the days bareable again... only if...

[​IMG]

The present...:cry :cry :cry a White Xmas:dg =:wings +:ricky !!!
  18. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    I have been trying since my departure to switch places with Spirit some days! But no deal... he is a stubborn dog!... and last Sunday was one of those days, courtesy of the San Antonio Riders visiting Big Bend, that I tried really hard to convince him... hey, riding ain’t that bad buddy... the bike runs good, you can build up a bit of your upper body muscles, get a bit of adrenaline rush here and there... you will still get to eat, drink and mingle... but no go...
    So I guess I am stuck in this position, witnessing sometimes on a daily basis all the attention he gets, and the petting, and the scratching... where did I go wrong?
    And there is more on the Blog... I hope this situation lingering ahead does not alter my mind...
    I am after all, only a human being!

[​IMG]

Enjoy... Be well...

Ara and Spirit... I had to sign for him, he is too busy...
  19. Topdog

Topdog baw chica baw waw!!

Oddometer:
    Lucky Dogs, the both of you!:wink:
  20. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    Mmmmmmmmm that pizza looks good :D so does that couscous you made :thumb

Enough of this work stuff, I leave for TX tomorrow before sun up. I hope I don't run in to any of that foul weather that is heading east.