GPS Pricing Deal Fest - Post that good price or deal here

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by 9Dave, Jul 12, 2008.

1. pceire32

pceire32 Irish

Oddometer:
    url]http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=6G0824[/url][/QUOTE]

The link above is to a new Garmin 660lm for $399 with lifetime maps and 3 day free Fed X shipping another inmate passed it to me.
  2. rider911

rider911 Shortcut Navigator

Oddometer:
    Hard to go wrong with that deal, they are a great GPS IMO
  3. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    SPOT is now advertising "Free" (after rebate, upon activation) 3rd generation SPOT trackers.
  4. blueridgegs

blueridgegs Long timer

Oddometer:
    I got the email today also.
    Unfortunately, the way I read the fine print on the rebate form, offer is for existing SPOT customers only.....
  5. snooker

snooker AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer:
    I just received an email from SPOT that basically says...

Existing SPOT customers of many (all?) older products can purchase a SPOT Gen 3 for FREE !
    Pay at least $149.95 for a SPOT Gen 3 between 12/16/2014 and 12/31/2014 and activate it in that SAME period, and get a $150 Visa rebate card.

LINK to Rebate Form:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/resource.globalstar.com/vr/2014/100_OFF_GEN3_Holiday/2014_Holiday_100_Off_Gen3.pdf

I've had the SPOT Gen 2 (SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger) and the power situation is annoying with only being able to use those $$$ lithium batteries that are not available in many remote places so you have to take your own. I will upgrade to the Gen 3 simply to be able to use 5v (std USB voltage) to power it, plus it also accepts NiMH rechargeable batteries now! :clap

And for service plans, I currently pay $100 annually plus the extra $50 to add the basic tracking feature (fixed 10 minute intervals)
    VS.
    the new Gen 3 now includes this for $150 with tracking down to 5 minute intervals (and adjustable for longer if desired), so no cost increase!

Details from rebate form:
    SPOT GEN3 100% OFF EXCLUSIVE CUSTOMER
    HOLIDAY SPECIAL U.S. MAIL-IN REBATE
    1. Purchase a SPOT Gen3 for at least $149.95 (excluding tax and shipping and before coupons and discounts) from a participating retailer 12/16/2014 and 12/31/2014. Offer only valid for existing SPOT Customers who currently own a SPOT Personal Tracker, SPOT Hug, SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger, SPOT Connect, SPOT Global Phone, SPOT Gen3 or SPOT Trace. Save your receipt!

2. Activate your SPOT Gen3 between 12/16/2014 and 12/31/2014.

... Qualifying participants will receive a $150 VISA pre-paid card in the mail. The VISA pre-paid card is only valid for 120 days.
  6. semaja2

semaja2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone send me this email? Id love the new unit
  7. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    Sure, PM me your address.
    J.
  8. holckster

holckster dougholck

Oddometer:
    LINK
    http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=6G0824
  9. worncog

worncog YBNormal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn it! I just bought a Gen 3 last month for the other 1/2 off rebate.

Sheeeeeiit!
  10. snooker

Oddometer:
    There is a hitch, of course. I wanted to simply stop using my Gen 2 and not renew its service plan. But if I do that this this rebate on the Spot 3 purchase does not apply. Instead it is considered an "upgrade" and they will give you $50 credit towards your service plan. :huh

So if you keep your old service plan AND get the new Spot 3 and its new service plan, then the new Spot 3 device is free. As I understand it.
  11. snooker

Oddometer:
    Wait, there's more! This is a new rebate and they didn't explain it well to their customer support. I kept calling and pressing a different number until somebody had already asked up the chain and this "Free Spot 3 rebate" will work! Here's how:

If you already have an active service plan on a device, then you can qualify to buy and activate the Spot 3 by 12/31. Now you have 2 active service plans so you can capture the information needed to send in for the rebate.
    After this you can choose to not renew your service plan on the old device before it automatically renews. For me, mine is due in late January so it works out fine and I only have 2 service plans for a single month.
  12. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The GPS Store has these for $249 right now, which is $50 off, plus you get a $50 rebate from Delorme, so $100 off on what is a normally a $299 unit is pretty slick.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Delorme-inReach-SE.aspx

I know a lot of guys use the Spot units, but for me, the two way communication is worth the additional money.
  13. blueridgegs

blueridgegs Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly what I was thinking and I checked my subscription.
    Unfortunately for me, it ends in May 2015.
    Good for you that you are Jan, 2015.
  14. grommets

grommets Don't get hurt Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI there is a 50% off coupon right on the Spot website (http://www.findmespot.com/) for the devices. Valid through Jan 4.

Caveat is that you also have to sign up for a subscription of at least Basic service by 2/9/2015. For the Gen 3 this would be a total of $225 for the unit and the one-year subscription.
  15. motoartur

motoartur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheeersssss!

I have recently bought Sygic Navigation for my road trips across Europe. I think its the easiest offline GPS nav with the best voice guidance on the market right now.

I got this code at the checkout:

Discount code: REF8629AUTVNK8236

Save 25% on Sygic GPS Navigation for Android with this discount. The code is valid until 03.02.2015.

You can use it on maps for countries and regions without any other promotions/deals etc. For example you can buy Argentina, Chile, Uruguay etc.

https://www.sygic.com/en/android:buy-now?r=topmenu
  16. motoartur

motoartur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That code still works today. You can use it with USA or North America.
  17. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. JR356

JR356 Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. pceire32

pceire32 Irish

Oddometer:
    I bought one a couple of weks ago at $399, same site, this is $300 off the market price good deal.

ADV'ers in the marketplace are paying this price or more for a used one.

Picked up a used locking Tourtech mout in the marketplace for $116 and I'm "styling." if an old fart is allowed to be "styling". :rofl:rofl:D:clap:lol3
  20. Viperject

Viperject finally dirty

Oddometer: