Replacing Garmin POI icon with a custom

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Trailryder42, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey all,
    I've had my 60cx for a few months and am just now learning about POIs. Was wondering if I can replace Garmin icons, like say, the fuel icon, with that of what kind of station it is, whether Conoco, Shell or whatever. I know the 60cx will tell you with a popup if you move and hover your pointer over the icon, but if the the icon showed what kind of station it was I wouldn't need to move/hover the pointer over it.

I have DLed icons from POI Factory. Reading their "how to", seems like I need a database to go with the icons. Like if I wanted a Conoco station locations database for the US or a specific state. You name the Conoco database files and icon file the same, with exception of the extension, and the icon file has to be in the same folder as the database files. Then you upload that to your unit and supposedly every Conoco location will show with a Conoco icon on 60cx screen.

CityNav must have its own database without having to download another from somewhere, but I don't know where it's at or how to access it to see if I can edit the POI icons or if it's even possible.

Anyone else here with a 60 cx that has done this?

Thanks.