Can a Honda trailer a bike?

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by Linzi, Dec 22, 2003.

1. AK Bear

AK Bear Long timer

Oddometer:
    One thing to concider here is the route Lindsey will be taking. I have never been to that part of the country (I plan to tour there in the next couple of years though), but looking at the map there seem to be no real mountains to climb on the way. Thats where most trannys bite it. Not on the flats.

If running on an interstate through relative flat country is all you will do, don't hesitate to get a trailer and take your bike. If on the other hand your just faking us out and intend to cross the contenental divide several times perhaps you should leave the car at home. Have a nice Christmas ride, Bear.
  2. rallybug

rallybug Local Yokel

Oddometer:
    Nah, Land Rovers are for the Army or farmers :):

Virtually all Europeans go for a trailer to hook up behind their normal family car. As Ant said, petrol is too expensive to even contemplate a US-sized SUV - we like our 40mpg+ cars :evil

With an auto of your car's age, getting the tranny checked over is always a good idea, maybe think about a transmission cooler and maybe some load-leveller rear shocks if yours are getting long in the tooth too.
  3. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    North GA is mountainous (nothing extreme), and I will be trailering up there, but the car and trailer won't ever venture into the twistier/steeper roads. The majority of my commuting will be ~4 hours on the interstate.
  4. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    That is the place to look. What do you mean by "Lots of crap to take with you?"

If you are going to load the car to the gills and then pull a trailor I am not so sure I would do it. If you are only taking bulky stuff that is not too heavy then stick with the manual's recommendations. Just my $.02.