Autocom to 3.5 MM lead conversion.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mathews42, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mathews42

mathews42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a Helmet from another inmate that came with a autocom headset with a 7 Pin lead. Lucky for me the helmet was a size too small and I got it at a great price. My Question is can I cut and splice the lead to a 3.5 MM jack and have my music flow through it? It would be even better if the post I bought allowed to use the talk function as well. Anyone done this? Or am I better off spending a few hundred to wire up the bike. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I have a BMW Nav IV system but can do without the turn by turn and my lady rarely rides with me.

The other option was to get a SRC-S for the new Schuberth I bought. I had the SRC in the C3 I had before this. I liked the SRC but hated the C-3 helmet.<o:p></o:p>
  2. Drumhawk

Drumhawk Lurker

Oddometer:
    Need more info....are you saying that you do not currently have an Autocom? If not, I would remove the Autocom loom and sell it to another inmate. If you do have an Autocom, they do make headset looms with 3.5mm jacks and they also have the 7 pin extension cable with a 3.5mm jack built in to it.
  3. mathews42

Oddometer:
    I don't have a autocom system. I'd rather not buy one if I could get the headset to work. I'm aware of the extentions with the 3.5 built in and am still weighing the options. I might just remove the headset and go with some in ear monitors.

I founda guy at a hearing aid shop that is going to build me some custom molded headphones at a fraction of the cost of the Sensaphonic headphones. Should reduce noice about 20-30 dB.
  4. Drumhawk

Drumhawk Lurker

Oddometer:
  5. mathews42

Oddometer:
    kick ass!!!!! Thank you!
  6. mathews42

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure they will line up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    The part linked above is the same as your helmet. You'll need the helmet extension cable to make it work in this particular case.

You can cut up your headset to make it work. But that would be a shame to wreck a good autocom headset. I think you'd be better off selling the helmet headset.

I have 2 autocom headsets and can certainly use another.. just sayin' :wink:
  8. mathews42

Oddometer:
    If you are interested in the headset shoot me an offer. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2