Best moto-undies ever: Moto-Skiveez

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Philthy!, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Philthy!

Philthy! Two Wheels = Yes

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to alert everyone to product I just tried. They're called Moto-Skiveez and it's a brand new company making motorcycle-specific underwear with some pretty advanced materials and tech. I got a pair of the Adventure model and spent 3 days in the desert and wore them every day. I usually wear bike shorts with chamois, but can only ride with them one day due to odor and them not drying out overnight. Putting on wet, stinky drawers before a ride sucks :cry.

I know the topic of underwear isn't that exciting, but whenever I'm on a long motorcycle trip, it's always my a$$ that's the most uncomfortable during and at trip's end :(:. Looks like the Skiveez may be the perfect solution... these things are stellar. Check them out! They have different models for sport or cruiser riding too.

Disclaimer: I'm not a vendor or make any money off of these. I have met the owner Shawn and he's a very energetic and great guy and I think he's onto something good here.
  2. Tuff Tunica

Tuff Tunica Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the positive comments! :clap

Since we are a new company it is always good to hear real world experiences with Moto-Skiveez.

Here is a link to our ADV vendor thread; http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954772&highlight=moto-skiveez
  3. Thorgrim

Thorgrim Used'ta could

Oddometer:
    If you want to set the men's underwear industry on its ear, start making them sized like brassieres - with a circumference plus cup size. A 34-B would be a 34" waist and a size "B" pouch, whatever that works out to be. I'm not joking, it would make a world of difference in comfort especially for sports like motorcycling.
  4. Tuff Tunica

Oddometer:
    Interesting thought. :thumb
  5. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Set up a sales account with Promotive.com which is another Utah based company and watch your sales soar through the roof. Good luck. Looks like a great idea...
  6. davidji

davidji Taylor's Version

Oddometer:
    Interesting. Didn't much care for padded bicycle shorts on a motorcycle, but these seem to have the padding in the proper position for motorcycle riding.

The foldable hat look pretty handy too.
  7. Bbasso

Bbasso my name is Rob

Oddometer:

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY.
    I recently purchased shorts to ride in and had to tare them off because I got numbness in places that shouldn't. Yet fit every where else perfectly.
  8. JD

JD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice looking product, how does the rest of the world buy them? :ear
  9. BMW-K

BMW-K Unmitigated Bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    +2! (*Balls, that is!)

Here's what I want:

1. no fucking seams on the bottom of the undies. I mean, no flat seams, no fucking NOTHING if you can. ESPECIALLY NOT on the inside of the legs where the inner thighs contact the seat. Diamond Gusset the thing. Just get rid of the seams that contact the seat. (*Seams SUCK after 800 miles in a day…Jockey Mesh is about as good as I've ever found…but they lack the support needed for the boys.

2. Cup Size? FUCK YEAH. Ok, let me try and explain my perspective: I want a pocket - especially one that separates the boys (balls) from my inner thighs. Don't smash everything together - give it it's own place. Make it a wicking material and align the wicking towards airflow. Again, compared to Jockey Mesh, I can use the long-version ok enough - If I pull the thigh up a bit I can get that separation. But it's not ideal. There's no separate pocket just for the Boys…end result? They kinda just…hang there…not much different than boxers. Ever sit on your Boys? :eek1

3. Don't be afraid of using different fabrics for different spots on the jockeys. I want the Boys to Breathe. Outer thighs could be more supported.

4. Padding? Seriously, if you must. But with a properly designed saddle padding just isn't necessary. I'd focus on getting the design right first - padding is really just a gimmick.

And yeah: make it right and I'd buy them. $30 a pair - if done right.

Oh, and try to find a synthetic that doesn't smell like "Tha Funk". (*I don't know if that's remotely possible…)
  10. Tuff Tunica

Oddometer:
    Here's what I want:

1. no fucking seams on the bottom of the undies. I mean, no flat seams, no fucking NOTHING if you can. ESPECIALLY NOT on the inside of the legs where the inner thighs contact the seat. Diamond Gusset the thing. Just get rid of the seams that contact the seat. (*Seams SUCK after 800 miles in a day…Jockey Mesh is about as good as I've ever found…but they lack the support needed for the boys. [/QUOTE]
    I agree on seams, but would add that you only do not need seams where there would be seat contact. Having a seam on your outer thigh is not going to make your butt sore. We've tried our best to address this by designing a pad that would positioned between the rider and any seat contact.

[/QUOTE]2. Cup Size? FUCK YEAH. Ok, let me try and explain my perspective: I want a pocket - especially one that separates the boys (balls) from my inner thighs. Don't smash everything together - give it it's own place. Make it a wicking material and align the wicking towards airflow. Again, compared to Jockey Mesh, I can use the long-version ok enough - If I pull the thigh up a bit I can get that separation. But it's not ideal. There's no separate pocket just for the Boys…end result? They kinda just…hang there…not much different than boxers. Ever sit on your Boys? :eek1[/QUOTE] Not something that we have considered but we are always looking to improve our designs. Our current products are version 1.0. As with any product improvements can be made. If enough people express and interest in this we will look to a possible line extension for future versions.

[/QUOTE]3. Don't be afraid of using different fabrics for different spots on the jockeys. I want the Boys to Breathe. Outer thighs could be more supported. [/QUOTE]Exactly our approach. We use two different fabrics, a mesh for areas where we want maximum breathability and then a wicking fabric in the rest of the short.

[/QUOTE]4. Padding? Seriously, if you must. But with a properly designed saddle padding just isn't necessary. I'd focus on getting the design right first - padding is really just a gimmick. [/QUOTE]I disagree. The primary cause of discomfort is irritation caused from movement. Stationary pressure can also create discomfort, but on a motorcycle our philosophy is the forces exerted from braking, accelerating and cornering will contribute to irritation. Proper padding can act as a barrier on those forces, greatly reducing irritation. Again. our pads are not simply a single foam with a covering. There are five different components to each of our pad designs.

And yeah: make it right and I'd buy them. $30 a pair - if done right.

Oh, and try to find a synthetic that doesn't smell like "Tha Funk". (*I don't know if that's remotely possible…)[/QUOTE] I would refer you back to the original post to this thread for testimony on our antimicrobial surface fabric.
    slime likes this.
  11. quickstop

quickstop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only one problem.... no one is going to be seen buying a "B"cup, everyone will walk proudly out of the store with a "D" whether it fits or not.:wink:
  12. HeatXfer

HeatXfer Bad knees

Oddometer:
    There'd have to be warm & cold weather sizes....:lol3
  13. Afry

Afry Why hike?

Oddometer:
    Have to agree with BMW-K, I won't wear boxer type briefs with the boys just hanging around and don't see a need for padding. Don't seem to have a problem with chafing where I contact the tank either. I mean how much are you moving around when sitting down while on the slab? In dirt...stand up as much as possible.

Biggest needs for me are no seems on the butt and quick drying so I can wash em....oh and a nut holder design.
  14. freewheelin'

freewheelin' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do these have a fly opening or do you have to pull do the waist down?
  15. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    If you do end up making some with Cup sizes could you add another pocket for a "HOT HANDS" Hand warmer pocket. If you did that you would put the Heated Seat guys outa business...

[​IMG]

This could be a distraction though as you may pass riders with their hands down their pants...
  16. K777

K777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What about ladies styles?
  17. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:

With a built in camel toe. You got yourselves a winner with that line. Men will be buying them up for there significant others like crazy.
  18. UTfreerider

UTfreerider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would buy a pair but I'm right between sizes (35 waist).. #lame #typical
  19. Tuff Tunica

Oddometer:
    No fly. If we get enough people requesting it , this would be easy mod to the base garment. Thanks.
  20. Tuff Tunica

Oddometer:
    We are working on developing a design specific to ladies as we speak.