KTM 640 Adventure owners, sign in please...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by creeper, Feb 20, 2004.

1. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that N. Usually, the ones in nice condition with a few xtras move pretty quick. Of course, thats the ones I see... only a small portion of whats out there. Intrest seems very high for used and the few remaining new '03s, and pre '03 bikes that have been completly referbished and beautificated... like Flanny's for example. What year and how much you asking? Just out of curiosity.

Creep
  2. ncfitton

ncfitton Summit Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. gorgopodaros

gorgopodaros Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really fancy your alarm system... :evil
  4. QMan

QMan prof. dirt mover

Oddometer:
    lol, my 640 has an alarm system (funny enough), I think it's the only alarm system that's been dragged through mud and still works :D
  5. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Hello all...

Just picked up an '01. A few mods, but nothing serious at this time (Carb, airbox mod, stock exhaust diddled with). Has just a hair over 4000 on the clock. I am really enjoying it thus far (had it for about 2 weeks). We just got back from the coast (I am in Sacramento) and towed it along to ride when we got there - I know, I know - trailer it?!?!?!? Well, the Suburban serves much better hauling the wife and I as well as the hounds and goodies/luggage. some really nice riding there north and south of Jenner on 1 and the back roads.

Looking forward to the board here and thanks for having me.

Michael

Pics to come - searching for help in posting and getting them down to size.
  6. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    MiFoPa, Welcome to the asylum. I sure wouldn't sweat the trailering, here in Texas I often truck mine, rather then arrive on trashed knobs. Last trip to Mexico, I got a some good natured ribbing, but when my truck was the only cage at the border to haul another guys bike back.......

I shake my head more at ADV's with some miles on them, that have had nothing but OEM tires mounted! :scratch Thats my only real gripe with this bike, it's letdown by tire technology! Guess I can't blame KTM for that. Cheers, Mack
  7. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    I am a Native Texan (Dallas) holding down the Cali outpost her in Sacramento. Good to see some Texans here on the board.

I happen to agree with you on the trailer thing - if it means the bike gets to see more and I get to bring along all the goodies, then it works for me!
  8. rapiti

rapiti IOR Veteran

Oddometer:
    Welcome, MiFoPa!

Actually, Mack is an Oregander, and I'm a Californicator, but Scotty may be a REAL Texan, and Baylor boy sure seems to be, although I haven't seen him around lately. There are several others, that don't seem to be leaping off my keyboard this morning. This is a broadly represented forum, and a great resource. Perhaps we need a Tejano gathering to help put names with faces.

I trailered out to Big Bend, even though I am running Enduro 3s. The Yukon XL carries more cerveza, one can sleep in the back, and it doesn't beat you up at 90 like the Katoomer. Plus, it goes farther between oil changes, if you know what I mean... The heated seats are nice at 4am, too :):
  9. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Welcome MiFoPa!
    I'm the lunatic bastard who lives in Washington that started this thread. I grew up in Cali and rode thru Texas once. Welcome to the asylum and enjoy!

Creeper
  10. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    welcome aboard MiFoPa!

Watch out. There are a few questionable folks that hang around here. Some, like myself, live Just south of Sacramento. You have to join us for a RRR (Rough Road Riders) outing. See this link for pictures of the last ride. Luv2Lean has put up a note in the upcoming events for April 24. Hope to see ya there.
  11. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Don't ya' just love that this thread came back from the dead :clap :clap :clap Thanks MiFoPa!
  12. Victor_Torres

Victor_Torres CHANCLA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Oddometer:
    I hope that you like this pic better than the last one that I have post.

:)

[​IMG]
  13. radius01

radius01 n00b

Oddometer:
    hi guy's
    have a 02 adv from last year. mod's so far:
    - sxc pipe
    - excel wheel set
    - gps system
    - etc....
    more details under: www.dirttrackrider.com

cu,
    tom

Attached Files:

14. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Radius01, which Talon hubs did you use. I want those wheels. I gota have my owns set.
  15. radius01

radius01 n00b

Oddometer:
    hi ktmnate,

these hubs are pretty new, because there is a cushen drive (?) included. so, they are not standart once, like these from the mx bikes.
    these are 21x1.60 / 18x2.50 rims black with silver hubs and hd spockes.
    i pick them up by dirct by talon in somerset uk. nice guy's there. they showed me the whole factory.

cu, tom

Attached Files:

16. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    Man, those wheels are pretty! Nate is now going out to the money tree in his backyard and pulling off sufficent cash for a set of his own... black rims and orange hubs? :nod Nate? :lol3

Hey VT, you call that an action shot? Come on brother, we want to see some air! Or at least a shot of you decimating a sand berm! :thumb

Creeper
  17. Victor_Torres

Victor_Torres CHANCLA¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Oddometer:
    Give me a chance, step by step, the first post was with the bike clean, the second one has a little bit of Dirt, the next one will be with some action.

:)

:thumb
  18. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's not quite a money tree, its da wife. She luvs me :rofl
  19. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    KTMNate - I live in S. Sac as well - Vintage Park/Border of EG there at Calvine. Matter of fact I bought this bike from a fella in Camden West (in EG off of EG/Florin). I am checking out the details of the ride and then noticed the wife and I will be in Tahoe that weekend :(... On a good note I plan to take the bike along with the fam damily to get in some riding up there.

Send me a message if you want to hook up and ride sometime. Been thinking about heading out to "hangtown" (I know it is not actually Hangtown) to get my dirt feet beneath me more. Let me know if you are game...

Michael
  20. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will do. I will be out of town until the week of the 20th. I actually work in Folsom just around the corner from Prarie City. If any ride's come up, I will drop you a note.