Time To Start Thinking About O/S Fall Rally?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by mark1305, Jul 29, 2013.

1. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just realized that mid October is only 2 1/2 months away. Seems like time to start discussing dates and such.

IIRC we have collectively already agreed on the CMR again. Barber Vintage Days fall on the weekend of Oct 11-13. Any interest in going earlier - maybe the first weekend in October?

What say the multitude?

EDIT: Cuttle was right - I neglected to update this post after we decided the dates.

October 18-20 at the good ole CMR at Tellico Plains.

Hope to see everyone there and maybe some new recruits too.

EDIT: I'll keep Jimbo's head count from Page 7; Post #98 up in this post for easy reference.

The IN Crowd
    1. Jimbozini
    2. HappyRiding
    3. jbeem
    4. mark1305
    5. Cogswell
    6. Cuttle (Fri)
    7 & 8. Cigars & Scotch + 1
    9 & 10. Boojum +1
    11. Docwells
    12, 13, & 14. Hiram + 2
    15. philip38?
    16 & 17 Bollocks + 1
    18. Norton73
  2. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was just looking at my calender yesterday and realized I need to get my vacation days approved for the last quarter of the year soon.

Either weekend works for me, but if we have it after Barber at Cruso, how :vardy will it be up there? I'm becoming wimpy a Alabama rider in my old age.
  3. mark1305

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I think the difference in Fall vs Spring weather is why we've kind of settled into Cruso in the Spring and Tellico Plains in the Fall.

On a positive yet distantly related note: At least I no longer have to wait for a rally outside of Floriduh to get my fix of Fat Tire Ale. Today I discovered our local Publix supermarket now carries Fat Tire and several other New Belgium Brewery ales. I've been waiting 4 years for New Belgium to start distribution in FL.
  4. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Is there gonna be a Fall Old School this year? :lurk

p.s. the first weekend in Oct is the Nottarally in Hot Springs......
  5. mark1305

Oddometer:
    Wasn't aware of Notarally yet. Hell, I'd be happy doing it in September even.
  6. Cogswell

Cogswell Road General

Oddometer:
    Our local Time Warp Vintage Motorcycle club annual camp out is September 6-7-8 at Cruso... Just throwing that out there.

Mike
  7. philp38

philp38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    End or middle of September works for me...:D I can stop over and talk to Wayne tomorrow and see what dates he has open next month.
  8. kbasa

kbasa big big energy

Oddometer:
    Lemme know if you guys want this as a sticky. Drop me a PM and I'll hang it up there for you. :thumb

Dave
  9. mark1305

Oddometer:
    Bump back to the front page....

Any interest for this year? Should we have kbasa make it a sticky?
  10. GordonH

GordonH Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll hopefully be racing the SR 500 at Barber and could use a hand in the pits occasionally. Feel free to stop by and say hi or help out. Should be beer in the cooler.
    Gordon Hamilton
    AHRMA #58r
  11. mark1305

Oddometer:
    As of right now I may be out if this even happens. Have a preop for cataract surgery Aug 28,then surgery about a week later. Tack on 15 days for recovery and I'm into late September. I'll be playing it by ear depending on if & when we do this.
  12. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    YES, My old slow ass has let this slip up on me in a bad way! Sorry Folks.
    I agree with Phil....... what about the 20th-22nd of Sept. or Oct. 18th-20th ?
    This is in Tellico Plains by the way. Most of the other weekends are taken with others rallies or Barber. Sept. 27th - 29 is out for me, I have to go to a wedding...:huh no, not mine..... :lol3 :ddog:nono

Boojum
  13. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    The September dates are out for me, that's Gauleyfest weekend, I'll be up in WV kayaking.

October in Tellico Plains means cooler weather, and hopefully some colour on the trees :clap
  14. mark1305

Oddometer:
    Even though I personally lean more towards the end of September, the scheduler at the eye doc told me to aim for October even though everything may be done and healed by mid to late September.

Plus cooler weather starts to arrive over more of my route by mid October, so October dates are sounding better for me.

Edit: I should say don't take my vote too seriously. I go with the flow. And if I can't make it for whatever reason, there is always next time. But..... later improves my chances.
  15. Boojum

Oddometer:
    On second thought, it's looking better for October for me as well. Jennys Birthday is in late Sept. and she's planning a Birthday Outing with friends, so I can't miss that without being sent to the dog house...... :lol3 :lol3
    What about you other people?? Jenna, you gonna make it this year? Oct. work for you? :ear

Boojum
  16. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Come next year, hopefully by this time, you'll be able to buy Fat Tire not a mile from my door - at the Brewery.

They have cleared the land. Construction is due to start soon. Plans look very cool.

I am going going to try to make it - if I am off. Cruso always, Tellico - Maybe.
  17. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm probably out. I've taken on as many classes as I can in October. If I get a day off, I'll run up and say hello. The Oct date is bad for me as of right now.
  18. bmwloco

bmwloco Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just checked my schedule.

I'm out... but I have a week out for Barber. My R60/2 is already in 'Bama. Getting new shoes. I'll take the bus down and pick her up.
  19. Cigars&Scotch

Cigars&Scotch My eyes are up here Supporter

Oddometer:
    With my son at VT, I would like to make this or the Notarally in HS. That way I can stop and spend some time with him on the way back home. October is fine with me
  20. Boojum

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll check with the camp ground for the 18-20 Oct. date. Soon as the rain lets up :lol3 I'll ride up and see about the dates. Phillip, if your over that way you can check with them as well. Damn Jenna, however understood. I'm thinking of doing the NotaRally also Mikey......maybe I'll see ya there as well.

Boojum